• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you think you'll be in a decade?

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    Either dead from suicide or pissed off that all my friends have relationships and I don't.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Lorry driver or farmer in Switzerland (because it's not part of the EU and has managed to stay neutral during every war ever waged) with a mountainside residence, I'll go skiing in the winter and perhaps make freeware PC games during the summer. No partner or children though, I simply don't want either.

Last edited:

레트로

Banned
    Years
    Hm, good question. :3

Well, I'm currently enrolled in a technical high school, which is basically a regular high school every other week, and the off week is your shop. After going through nine exploratories, which are just to help you choose your shop, I've chosen culinary. So seeing as I'm in culinary arts, it'd only make sense for me to have gone to culinary school, while living in a cheap apartment with noisy neighbors, mooching off my mom for tuition money. But I see that happening in a more timely fashion, maybe five or six years. In ten . . . I'll probably be renting a nice lil' house, trying my hardest to be a head-chef at a well known restaurant and such.

But then again, do we really know how we'll be off in ten years? :3

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    In a hotel as a top chef who cooks the best food on one of the Greek Islands who is single and spends his nights with one of the many tourist girls. Yep mostly thats it.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    In a decade, I will be 10 years into the future. But then that would contradict the fact that a decade from that would be 10 years into the future...

Erm... I guess I'll probably be a Burger King Cashier while teaching many instruments while programming software for free use and robots to sell while I write a book and teach and orchestra and start my doctor's degree in Astrophysics....

Yeah, I'm undecided on my job :\. That include working for Burger King.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2009
    In a hotel as a top chef who cooks the best food on one of the Greek Islands who is single and spends his nights with one of the many tourist girls. Yep mostly thats it.

Now you've got it all figured out, my friend! Based on my experience, I really do think being a cute little white dog will help with this endeavor.

Penguin13

Mountain Dew, Elixir of Life.
    Years
    *don't say sleeping with your wife.. don't say sleeping with your wife.. don't say sleeping with your wife.."

Sleeping with... your son..

But seriously, I'm going to be wherever the army sends me, and I'm going to have a pharmacy degree.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    If all goes well, in Canada, in an apartment, working at an IT job part time, and playing games and watching anime in my free time. If someone else is there, that's just gravy, but I think I could easily enjoy life even without another person to share it with.

I mean, worst case scenario, I won't be there in ten years. At least in that case, I'll know I've enjoyed myself pretty thoroughly up until that point.

cuplampghosthunt

<--I don't know what this is
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    I'll probably be just as obsessed with POKEMON as I am now... sigh...

I'll probably be in college and having totally failed my SATs because I didn't study until 2 AM the night before and then fell asleep during the test, and end up in the college equivilent of Cromartie High School.
    I'll probably finally have put my webcomic online, and even though it was meant as a parody it will get a loyal fanbase who don't believe claims that its a parody webcomic, and read it seriously and are actually sad when I write a purposely terrible storyline about the main character breaking up with his girlfriend.
    And I will have gotten plastic surgery and succesfully become a Doduo. They said it couldn't be done, but I believed... I'll have to find a friend to be the second head though. Darn.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    オレンジ, you'll want one soon enough.
    Not everyone wants to get married, or even have a relationship, and have children. ^^;

In ten years, I'm going to be down south in a different state, living by myself. I hope to be a state health inspector. I'll have one or two dogs, maybe a cat if I only have one dog. (Darn weight/pet restrictions in apartments!) No house to take care of, no yard. Just a nice relaxing life with no one to annoy me. It'll be the best life.

I just realized how old I'll be. x.x

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Hmm... well, hopefully in a decade I'll finally be out of the house. xD

Most likely living in either an apartment, or small house with James (probably leaning more towards small house). There's more than a good chance that we'll have been married by then. He'll be almost done getting his doctorate for Psychology, and I'll either have a nice Accounting job or Vet Tech job, or be working towards becoming a real Vet. Oh, and we'll have pets. Lots of them. :>

Gosh I can't wait! I know I'll have problems to deal with when that time comes too, but I'm sure it'll be a ton better than what I'm going through now lol.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    Love to stay in the Pokemon Community and be a PRO (that would take some years!)

As for the real life:
    * Be a musician (WORLD CLASS!)! Watch me! :)
    * Be a Game Programmer and a Computer Engineer! :)
    * Own a big company! (Not the biggest, but BIG! ) :)
    * Have a Grocery Store! :)
    * Well, do other things i cant do! :)

P.S. = There can be miracles when you believe! :)

Support Pokemon Times! Post on my Newspaper Thread! :)

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    Hopefully on a stage perforiming to a crowd of people.
    I can dream :D
    If not then i think that i'll be in France.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    I'll be somewhere in the midst of time... on a computer. Seriously, the wonders of technology make me excited to see what the future will be like, maybe I'll be a software engineer.

Shedinja8

Niger, atrum vel malum. Sumo.
    Years
    Most likely eithier sitting in a chair in my basement playing poker with only a 8 pair in my hand, eating pretzels; or sitting on an Island in the Bahamas watching the calm scenery and the gental waves slowly make me fall into a peacful sumber.
    It all depends if 9 years from now that the lottery ticket I bought wins or not! :)

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
    Wow. I'll be 30. Or... going on 30. That's old. Eww. Seriously, though. I don't know where I'll be... but, I have guesses.

I'm hoping on becoming a vet tech. So, I'll probably be working at a vet clinic. I'll also be showing pembroke welsh corgis and American pit bull terriers for fun. I've toyed with the idea of breeding but I"m not sure I could do so without feeling a bit guilty. I hope that, by then, I would've found someone to settle down with. I don't plan on marriage, though. Honestly, I probably won't still be on PC. I'll be 30! LOL

dc_united

Josh Wicks doesn't like you
    Years
    Hopefully in Puerto Rico after leaving the army or air force, theoretically "furthering my education" in college by spending quality time with PR's female inhabitants.

Either that or in NYC or Minneapolis working an industrial job whilst writing my novel, 'Infiltration'.

I win regardless of what happens ;)

Back