• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where for art thou Jhoto?

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2009
    I wish they made a REAL Johto Remake. Zel (A Pokemon Hacker) made a hack rom called Shiny Gold which is his version of a Johto Remake. If you really want to see Johto Advanced, I recommend getting Shiny Gold.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
    Years
    True.
    Also, look at this
    Where for art thou Jhoto?

Orre doesn't seem to be in that picture..

I highly doubt that the mystery dungeon map is made of any part of japan. For sure not like on the picture. The only spin-off games region that I found out resembeling a real part of japan till now, is Almia from Pokemon ranger 2 (while Fiore is said to also be very near to Sinnoh, I don't know where it lies.)
    https://archives.bulbagarden.net/w/upload/f/f4/Almia.png

Seeing Johto way smaller than it is on your map, I created one myself (including almia)
    Where for art thou Jhoto?

The resort area & co. is missing unfortunatelly, but it is made of a real region, which is lying farther to the north than ingame.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    It's likely so I hope it happens but watch ppl whine if they don't include Kanto in it lol but if they do it there is no reason why they should not put in kanto since that was a huge piece of what made the game great I'm not saying for them to make the same thing but I'd rather they get rid of anything else but having access to two regions

Matzzz

Danger!
    Years
    Kanto = Boring
    Johto = Amazing
    Honen = dont even go there lol
    Sinnon = Boring

It just makes sense to have a remake

Personally i think that there should be a pokemon game that includes all of the reagions

so then the pokemon are limited to there respective reagions... the storys alot longer, keeping some of us from getting bored ... maybe even choose where you want to start.

unfortunatly i cant see this happening due to the fact d/p/p came out recently

so maybe even a new game with a new region with will inc. Johto and maybe kanto ... like the region thats north of the two :D

the almighty Zel fan

<-- I drew these guys in paint
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    There is going to be a johto remake! look it up on youtube! not only does it show the new covers of the game, but it shows a person in gameplay on a DS! its NOT photoshoped and it looks about 90% finished! its not just a screenshot from a hack , and i think there is a picture with a japanese celebration or party sign behind it. it looks colorful. CHECK IT OUT PEOPLE

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    There is going to be a johto remake! look it up on youtube! not only does it show the new covers of the game, but it shows a person in gameplay on a DS! its NOT photoshoped and it looks about 90% finished! its not just a screenshot from a hack , and i think there is a picture with a japanese celebration or party sign behind it. it looks colorful. CHECK IT OUT PEOPLE
    if you bother telling us don't makes us look for it link us!

Years
    Psst.
    That's fake. :p

Kanto = Boring
    Johto = Amazing
    Honen = dont even go there lol
    Sinnon = Boring
    Personally, I thought Hoenn was pretty cool. As was Sinnoh. ^^;

I wish they made a REAL Johto Remake. Zel (A Pokemon Hacker) made a hack rom called Shiny Gold which is his version of a Johto Remake. If you really want to see Johto Advanced, I recommend getting Shiny Gold.
    I think that's on this forum.. here. :p

And honestly, I would like a G/S remake. ^^
    That would be sweet. :D

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I would absolutly love a remake, all 3D(ish). My Silver's internal batteries are dead so there's no point in saying "just play the original then". I loved the music there, too, so I would love to hear updated music. Although, I hope they make Kanto better than it was, it was kind of annoying when a lot of the stuff was blocked off. And I agree with the people who said he was the best rival, the new one's are annoying because they're so friendly! Although the DP one was kinda funny.

In the hallway to the right of Canalave City, there is a guard who will tell you he is thirsty. However, bringing him a drink will not change that. This is a reference to the original Pokemon games, in which players had to give lemonade to a thirsty guard in order to access a certain city.(Not sure if this is Johto)

That was Kanto, I remember being stuck there all those years ago XD

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I miss Mount Silver.
    Ever since then I've dreamed of dissapearing into the mountains awaiting challenges from the best of the best so that one day I can reamerge and be all mega uber waffle ownage with sprinkles on top of awsolificness. Then I could retire and watch TV movies about myself and teach a young prodigy the way of the Eveelutions.

I also remember the ice cavern on your way to the 8th gym leader city, I got stuck there forever, then when the eight gym leader refused to give you the badge. Or in Crystal that mysterious building in the cave had the Extremespeed Dratini cult.
    It's also because of G/S/C that every time I enter Viridean (sp?) I go to the little field where the old guy gives you the Rainbow Wing or whatever so you can catch Ho-oh or Lugia depending on the game...I think. I played that game over so many times man. I miss it so.

IN 5th gen they can make a region called filleruntilwhateveryonewants then after you conquer the endless Bug fields with your Fire/Ghost type you take a plane (yes a plane! not a Train on a cable car or a boat that only sets sail after you get off/fall asleep) south to Johto where Professor Elm is all,
    "You are the nephew/niece of the great Pokemon Battler Crystal (rock). He/she has gone missing and it's up to you to find them but before you can, you have to retrace their steps exactly. Take your Totodile and go, and when you reach Victory Road no asking the mysterious guard to get out of the way or they'll throw the hidded Rare Candy, on the remains of Cinnebar Island where you find Blue, at you. GO! Save Trees, and Hoot-hoots!"

That's what he'll say and the game will commence, ya Johto!

Drawicia

the artist of evil
    Years
    Jasmine appears in Master rank contests. (darn she's hard to beat!!)

i miss Mt. Silver too.... *sigh*

Matzzz

Danger!
    Years
    i remember the 1st time i played it that i thought the game was over when i got to the league... im atually playing gold now! i miss wondering around for ages trying to get all the unknowns .... god i hated those caves lol

i only think i compleated it the once :|

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2009
    My first game was Yellow, which I enjoyed, but it was when I got my Silver cartridge that I became a TRUE Pokemon fanatic (and have remained such lol.) I just loved the storyline, I loved the Pokemon, I loved the music and the world. I loved that I could transfer older Pokemon into the new game (RIGHT AWAY not after beating the dang league), so I could use my favorite old Pokemon (after sufficient badges of course lol) and also use all the new cool ones.

The legendaries from those games are my favorites too, especially Ho-Oh. And I loved the day/night cycle, how much more realistic the world felt, I was mad when they took that away in the next gen and glad when they brought it back. Breeding was a fun new activity. And I liked that radio you had, where you could play different music, lol.

I would love a remake. :)

Years
    Johto is one region out of all of them I'd love to return to (on the other hand, let's retire Kanto, which has been done to death).

Johto had this majestic feel, like it was the most oriental of all the regions thus far. I'd like to see a G/S remake at some point. I'd like to see how it would hold up with the same kind of graphical style as Platinum.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    i know this is off topic how come my crystals internal battery is still alive but not silver and gold?

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Crystal was redesigned to work better with the batteries. It'll die soon too. Mine died 2 years ago on Crystal. I do agree that Johto has to come back. But I'd rather it's capabilities be D/p/p => GSDS like how RSE is => to DPP, that way we get all the features (including Kurt's PokeBalls which arent in DPP and I like better) included. As for Kanto, they just need to add new challenges and locations. I'm sure there are more towns and caves somewhere.

Back