• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where for art thou Jhoto?

Jabunks

Currently Inactive
Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    The "Secret Potion" was from Cianwood...(Spelled right?)

LawlRly

Spelunker Extraordinaire
    Years
  • Johto was awesome because it was connected to Kanto = more stuff to do and explore...

If they can remake Kanto (LG/FR) then they should remake Johto, because personally, I'm getting tired of the whole 'New region every generation' gig... -_-

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • Im not too sure a remake would do it justice, it just wouldn't have the same feel as GSC did, maybe im just fed up with the constant remakes in the rom hacking section, that or im just stuck in a time warp :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2014
    I agree; if they can remake Kanto, why not Johto...and I don't remember Pryce or Whitney being in R/S/E...

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Deny thy father and refuse thy name.

Gold and Silver really broke the Pokemon Rules. It's first gym was flying, all the other first gyms are Rock type. Also, it was the first game to have 2 regions to go to.

There are no "rules". GSC was the second generation to come out, so there was no definate pattern at that time.

And a GSC remake would be bittersweet. If you see how FRLG murdered everything we loved about RBY, then they'd kill GSC. But, even still, I would like to play it again and not have it fall off the face of the earth.

balthamos

Eeveephile, nom nom!
    Years
  • I would kill for a johto remake. I hated what they did with FRLG, so I do hope they can do some changes, if its on the DS the clock will help. And.. well Crystal was my favourite so yeah. it would be class X)

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    There will be a G/S/C remake the day people learn that it's Johto not Jhoto, it's not hard to learn people, and it sure is annoying that 90% of people allways spell it wrong.

Last edited:

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Well, I can see why. Johto didn't have many important ties (though neither did Hoenn, but Hoenn introduced EV's and more competative battlings and such) I love Johto, so it kind of makes me sad seeing it not being introduced more highly in D/P.

Barbossa

Tainer Yeesha
    Years
  • There will be a G/S/C remake the day people learn that it's Johto not Jhoto, it's not hard to learn people, and it sure is annoying that 90% of people always spell it wrong.

If we are getting technical here, it is actually spelled Joto, because Japanese doesn't have any H's that are singular, it only has consonants followed by vowels, or vowel stand-alones, n being the exception. They just add the H so idiot English speakers like ourselves pronounce it correctly =P

Corection, I looked it up, it is "Jyouto" (ji-little yo-u to) in Katakana ^_^

ScyKinG

Can't Be Touched
    Years
  • There's not going to be a G/S/C remake sadly. I mean come on? Don't you think they would have done it by now and not keep making new games along with new remakes. =/

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    There's not going to be a G/S/C remake sadly. I mean come on? Don't you think they would have done it by now and not keep making new games along with new remakes. =/

You seem pretty sure of yourself with no solid evidence.

And a GSC remake would be bittersweet. If you see how FRLG murdered everything we loved about RBY, then they'd kill GSC. But, even still, I would like to play it again and not have it fall off the face of the earth.
    I don't know what they murdered on RBY with FRLG. If anything they killed Johto by using their music on a chain of big, annoying islands.

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Jhoto was mentioned a far bit

- Jasmine's cameo in D/P
    - Whitney & Pryce In R/S/E
    - In the anime, May goes to Jhoto so its mentioned.
    - The Secret Potion is from Cianwood
    - Theres a mention about proffesor Elm in D/P; something about him researching Pokemon eggs.

Its not forgetton, its just if you spend all day going on about Jhoto then others would complain Kanto and Hoenn were hardly mentioned, but Jhoto lifts easily out.

- Misty, Brock, Ash and Gary live in Kanto so they go back to it and refrences are made
    - May and Max are from Hoenn so again refrences were made
    - Dawn is from Siinnoh

So, Jhoto is the only main region where no new characterjoins ash's gang so therfore theres no-one to go home to it, and no-one to mention it and bring it up.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    Pokemon S/G/C were by far the best for length because of the Kanto switchover. They need to remake this game, it would bring tones of fun and also allow us to transfer our pokemon from D/P! ^^

Ruffresia

Johto Coordinator.
    Years
  • When Professor Oak told me that Hoenn, Kanto, and Sinnoh make up a continent and left out Johto, I was depressed and confused. Johto is right next to Kanto, so it obviously makes up the continent, too. I was depressed because Johto is pretty much destroyed from the Pokémon world now, since you can't import Pokémon from Johto to Sinnoh. Anyway, I'd love a remake just for it to reconnect it with the Pokémon world.

Back