• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where for art thou Jhoto?

True Justice

Shichibukai: Bartholomew Kuma
    Years
    Using an action replay. Can you make Pokemon that say they are from Johto? If so maybe this shows there might be a Johto game.

Yes, it's in the coding of the game. But as for a remake, I don't think it'll occur. FireRed/LeafGreen was made to correct the Missingno Glitch as well as catch Pokemon available in Gold and Silver. Since Gold and Silver do not have major glitches, they don't have much of a reason to remake it. I think Johto was put in the coding to not leave out the possibility of remaking the game. But if they do remake Gold and Silver, that would be awesome.

Pika_Pwnd

God's busy, how may I help?
    Years
    I just can't imagine what it would be like if they remade it. I think it would be awesome if they made a game that let you go from Kanto to Johto to Hoenn(spelling?) to Sinnoh. That would be awesome. You could fight all of the gym leaders ever, get in the hall of fame in all the Regions. Catch every single last pokemon there is. Well, maybe not everyone but some and put the others in it's sister title. That would be the best thing ever.

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    MRGFLUMPL!11

IT'S JOHTO PEOPLE. JOH. TO.

SPELL IT WITH ME LET'S ALL HEAD TO SESAME STREET.
    J-O-H-T-O! JOHTO! JOE-TOE (I think)!!!11

MERCY MY PROPER-GRAMMAR-SEARCHING EYES!!! GAHHHHH!!!11!

Anyway, I think there's a low chance of bringing back Johto.. With all these cameos, it could mean they're bringing in little bits to sort of remind people of the somewhat-dead region instead of making a full fledged game.. also, Colosseum allowed the capturing of Johto pokemon, and FR/LG introduce islands with johto pokemon.. But then again, there is a pattern going on..

RUBY SAPPHIRE (Mains) - Hop back 2 Gens (FR/LG KANTO) - Emerald.
    DIAMOND PEARL (Mains) - Hop Back 2 Gens (??/?? JOHTO) - Platinum.

I'm really looking forward to that pattern if it were true..

Also, I really liked what they did with the kanto region. The islands were my favourite part. And how they did the Elite Four's Revenge was pretty fun. The strongest trainers in the game, and the strongest elite four out of all of them.. FR/LG was completely bored and tiresome. Worthless quests like the mansion where you have to get the key? and get through that whole dead tower to save a stupid old man who didn't even need friggin saving?

Pff wasting my time here. Johto was fun, where the radio tower people were hostage, and in the power plant where you had to find a missing part, and chase that rocket member into misty's gym, and exploring the whole new kanto, and Mt.Silver, and dragon's den.. It was all fun and actually had a point..

If they did do a remake, I wouldn't want it in D/P Graphics.. It just won't seem right..

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    gold, silver and crystal were the best of the series(spelling?). its when shinies were introduced. and you could go back to kanto. they were most fun because you could catch ho-oh and lugia with out nintendo events. and go back and whoop the kanto leaders with johto pokemon.

and the hacked remakes just arent the same as the nintendo made ones

the sad thing is that new comers dont even know wat johto is. i was looking on another forum and they said that i was lying when i talked about johto.

Last edited:

Pika_Pwnd

Years
    gold, silver and crystal were the best of the series(spelling?). its when shinies were introduced. and you could go back to kanto. they were most fun because you could catch ho-oh and lugia with out nintendo events. and go back and whoop the kanto leaders with johto pokemon.

and the hacked remakes just arent the same as the nintendo made ones

the sad thing is that new comers dont even know wat johto is. i was looking on another forum and they said that i was lying when i talked about johto.
    Wow....that's just sad...and they think they know pokemon. Can you post a link to that conversation? I just feel like having a good laugh. lol

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    whats what i sad about the johto region or the people that dont know johto region?

whats so funny what i said about the johto region or......*

Last edited:
    Years
    Gold was the first gameboy colour game I ever owned. A g/s/c remake would be awsome but I doubt there will be one. Without a Johto region all the others feel incomplete.

If one was made would it include Kanto aswell? Becasue Johto on its own would be a short game compared to Diamond and Pearl.

frostyfuz

Cheeko, Cheeko
    Years
    If they were to make a remake, they would probably make it around "The Legend of Thunder" and D/P.
    Juni'chi would probably be the rival, and Crystal/Gold would probably do what Diamond/Hikari do in D/P.

Remember, in FRLG, a scientist did mention a certain red hair child of Giovanni's.
    Maybe he'll will make some appearence in some game.

Whether it be a remake, or in the next thousands of Pokemon games.

The Legend of Thunder took place right after Johto in the anime so there would be no point in that.

Also, there are so many references of GSC in Diamond and Pearl it's not even funny.

They fueled the nastalgia. If they don't make one now then there would be an angry mob right in front of Nintendo's Office imo tbh.

I'd like to see a surprise G/S remake about 2 months after Platinum tbh.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2008
    speaking of platinum is like dp or is it different if any1 knows?
    also does any1 know when its coming out?

idrum4all2see

Drummer for life
    Years
    Cause im sure we all know a second region connected to sinnoh is coming.

You Know, this is probably true.
    They made Kanto, It had a big empty space to the left, so they said "to heck with it, lets add Johto". Then they made Hoenn, Well...Hoenn was an island..So it cant have an add on.
    But Sinnoh has its mountain rage extending south.
    Proof:
    https:// upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f1/Shin'ou_Region.jpg

Penumbra

Do you enjoy reading this?
    Years
    Sinnoh really is a mystery. It has 5 cut-off points.. Snow point could continue for all we know, and so could the little route are placed behind the pokemon league (Beside the path to shaymin). Also, Canalave shares the same mystery as the previous two as it seems cut off. Same with the very bottom
    and the fight area. All based on this map (don't wanna screen stretch).

Years
    Ha. Love your Good Grammar sig. I want a remake, but I don't want them to ruin it. FR/LG was good, but I just didn't like the Sevii Islands that much. But, they had to add something after E4, and I guess that was all they could come up with. :/

Pika_Pwnd

Years
    why cant they just make a game wit every region...
    For one thing that would take a but load of memeory on the DS card and it wouldn't have enough. They could only do that on something like the Wii. And I know this is off topic but where the poffin does Orre fall in to the pokemon univerese? Is it by Hoenn or maybe below Johto? I'm just wondering. Maybe IT'S the land connected to Sinnoh? 0_o DUN DUN DUUUUUUUH!!!

minh1022

Bleach Fan
    Years
    Yeah! It would be so awesome... Although, if they do manage to make a remake of Johto, then it should have better graphics.

Back