• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Where is Isshu? Confirmed - New York

Where is Isshu?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angelroid

Sun X
Years
  • Spoiler:

It is Shanghai. As far as this pic goes. :P

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I would absolutely kill for a Pokemon region based on Hyrule, and I don't even like LoZ.

I'm with team New York. Myles pretty much summed why I'm a bit confused with the Shanghai theory. Here's another thing worth noting.

Here's Junichi Masuda's blog
    . As you can see, it's black and white, wonder why? But look at the banner at the top of the page. That, my friends, is the New York skyline. Why would he put that up there with his BW theme?
    THat is picture put up there when is blog first started which was a good few years ago. that is for his english blog. and he hasnt wrtten anything on the blog for like a year or something.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • That's not geography. If you want to get that specific, Shanghai wouldn't have a Huin City, it would just be farmland and highways. And New York would only have houses and stuff on the west and east, not skyscrapers. Oh and New York is the only one with those docks there too. They even look exactly the same as eachother.

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
  • They can base something off a land area but they don't have to use the cities. They can use cities from another area as a base.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • They can base something off a land area but they don't have to use the cities. They can use cities from another area as a base.

They've never done that in four generations. But I guess there's a first time for everything... Hmm, they have added a type in the four generations, so a Light type would be more likely.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • People, people, stop bickering.

I'm as aprehensive about saying that Isshu is based on NYC as the next man. Unless its categorically stated, I just refuse to believe that they would so desperately try to pander to their US fanbase and inflate some of their egos even more.

I don't see why they would feel the need to do it. Past regions have been based on real life Japanese regions since the very beginning. Why would they try to make one audience so completely inflated by basing a region there, therefore completely and carelessly treating others as if they don't exist? There are loyal players elsewhere in the world, and it majorly irks me that there is a possibility that they will change one of the things that make the main series games so unique just to suit the crying needs of an audience.

At least when it is based on a Japanese area there is a degree of authenticity, as it is a Japanese game and it is only right that the areas are based on Japan itself. Some take it for granted that the games get a release elsewhere, therefore the company shouldn't need to sell out and alienate other audiences in one fell swoop.

Just my opinion.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Really? They flattened mountains so high they could have snow on them? I'm not sure even Superman could do that.

It doesn't matter, it's not based on Sydney.

People, people, stop bickering.

I'm as aprehensive about saying that Isshu is based on NYC as the next man. Unless its categorically stated, I just refuse to believe that they would so desperately try to pander to their US fanbase and inflate some of their egos even more.

I don't see why they would feel the need to do it. Past regions have been based on real life Japanese regions since the very beginning. Why would they try to make one audience so completely inflated by basing a region there, therefore completely and carelessly treating others as if they don't exist? There are loyal players elsewhere in the world, and it majorly irks me that there is a possibility that they will change one of the things that make the main series games so unique just to suit the crying needs of an audience.

At least when it is based on a Japanese area there is a degree of authenticity, as it is a Japanese game and it is only right that the areas are based on Japan itself. Some take it for granted that the games get a release elsewhere, therefore the company shouldn't need to sell out and alienate other audiences in one fell swoop.

Just my opinion.

This seems to be the reason people are speculating things other then New York. Because for some reason it being based on New York offends them. I just don't get that. New York is a very famous city, even in Japan.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • i think its shang yea

also if you llok at the map its the places are kinda placed where they are if that matters. n look they llo like the same

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • Doesn't have to be. I'm just simply pointing out your evidence is ridiculous.

The fact that there are mountains disproves all the massive amount of evidence despite the fact that the only real world location with mountains that has been offered for a place for it to be based on was Sydney?

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
  • No. The mountains don't actually have to be there. What I'm saying is that that world, whatever it is, isn't exactly Manhattan. Don't go ripping up the map to make it "fit Shanghai", then show the plain map and say it's perfect for New York. That's just being pretentious. It isn't anywhere until it's said to be.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • It isn't anywhere until it's said to be.

That will never happen, so why even bring it up?

That's just being pretentious.

You're not using that word right. It was a comparison of Manhattan and Shanghai. The mountains are in neither and yet both Isshu versions had them. People bring up the rivers, the lake and the bridge when discussing them and those were the only things I changed.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
  • This seems to be the reason people are speculating things other then New York. Because for some reason it being based on New York offends them. I just don't get that. New York is a very famous city, even in Japan.

It doesn't matter whether its a famous city or not, and it doesn't offend me. It just irks and shocks me that the company are selling out their loyal, domestic audience so badly whilst neglecting others and desperately trying to please the egotistical American pseudo-overlords.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
  • It doesn't matter whether its a famous city or not, and it doesn't offend me. It just irks and shocks me that the company are selling out their loyal, domestic audience so badly whilst neglecting others and desperately trying to please the egotistical American pseudo-overlords.

If basing it on Japan doesn't bother you, why America? Someone shouldn't be limited to just their own country. And most people don't even know that any Pokémon regions are based on the real world, so they're not doing it because of that.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back