• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Where's Wally?

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I don't think they'll make him champion or a gym leader, at least not in the main story. I hope that he'll leave Victory road sometimes and goes to Verdanturf as the end of Victory road seems so lonely...plus it'll be nice to see him visit his family. Maybe in the post game we'll see a scene where Wally returns home that's heart warming.

A compromise may be like Barry in DPPt - He's always in the Battle Frontier trying to (rather obviously) beat all the buildings and become the strongest trainer. That way, the Player could always battle him and he would be in a much more practical place. Scott could also cameo and note Wally's willpower, or something of that sort.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    A compromise may be like Barry in DPPt - He's always in the Battle Frontier trying to (rather obviously) beat all the buildings and become the strongest trainer. That way, the Player could always battle him and he would be in a much more practical place. Scott could also cameo and note Wally's willpower, or something of that sort.

The first time I played Emerald I expected him to visit the BF (and May too). So I hope he does this time around.

One of the things I liked about Hugh is that unlike Wally and Cheren he wasn't stuck to the end of Victory road...

Years
    I actually hate how Wally is stuck in Victory Road one we finish the game so I hope they did move him back to Verdanturf or maybe atleast visit his mom and dad in Petalburg and have him rematchable I guess.

Definitely would like him to have a presence after defeating the Champion. It would give some relevance to Verdanturf Town, an otherwise unimportant area. If this happens, he should get some buffs, and possibly a Mega evolution on his Gardevoir to boot. Maybe he could be the one to first introduce the player to Mega evolution? Who knows.

Years
    Maybe Wally at the end will say he wants to travel to another region and ends up appearing in 'Z'. Of course despite that he will hopefully be rebattled just like how Shauna can still be talked to.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Sigh... I wish that Diantha had a different Mega-Evolving Pokemon instead of Mega Gardevoir to use as her signature/ace Pokemon, because I always associated the Ralts line with Wally.. I kind of wish a Mega Gallade could be introduced, though (since Wally's particular Ralts is male), so that Wally is heightened in power and the Ralts line gets "balanced" again in terms of evolutions.

Also, I think "Battle! VS Rival (Hoenn)" should play during Wally's battles, since he kind of assumes the rival role after Brendan/May essentially abandon it (unfortunately) at Lilycove City.

I feel the same way about Diantha and her Mega Gardevoir. While I feel it fits her, it seems odd for Wally to have a Mega Gardevoir while that's Diantha's ace (only because Mega Evolution is so rare within the games; if it was more common I'd say it's more acceptable for some overlap).

I'd love for Mega Gallade, but I'd also like for Wally to retain the Ralts he actually catches (for those rare times he gets a shiny, mainly, ha ha!), and then it would feel weird if he had either Mega Gallade, or Mega Gardevoir like Diantha...it's really tough to say!

A major point of Wally's character is that he's always worse than you, but he's still inspired to continue on...so while one may argue he just won't get a Mega Pokémon at all, I would feel very bad! He is clearly able to bond with his Pokémon even if he's not the best battler.

As for the music...oh yes! In HGSS, Lugia and Ho-oh got their own music when they originally had none, and the music used for Entei, Suicune, and Raikou was updated to have their own flair for each individual Pokémon; ORAS might do something similar for its legends, but I'd much rather have it applied to its Trainers! I've heard people wanting Maxie and Archie to have individual battle themes (but that's a whole other discussion), but I definitely want Wally to either gain a new theme altogether, or share the theme with Brendan/May, just don't give him the regular Trainer theme--he deserves better!

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Oooh I do hope they give Wally a new theme for himself. Maybe have a theme that when you hear it, you would say "Oh that's Wally's theme from ORAS! Kinda obvious with that beat and such".

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Oooh I do hope they give Wally a new theme for himself. Maybe have a theme that when you hear it, you would say "Oh that's Wally's theme from ORAS! Kinda obvious with that beat and such".

Oh yes I loved the way different people have different themes. If I remember right, I used to replay the Archie/Maxie music in my mind a few more times after I heard it. A Wally theme will nicely complement extra involvement in the game.

Years
    Oh yes I loved the way different people have different themes. If I remember right, I used to replay the Archie/Maxie music in my mind a few more times after I heard it. A Wally theme will nicely complement extra involvement in the game.
    For me it was the Weather trio's theme.

In addition to a theme will they give Wally new clothes? Silver got a redesign for HgSs, as did Green/Blue for FrLg.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    For me it was the Weather trio's theme.

In addition to a theme will they give Wally new clothes? Silver got a redesign for HgSs, as did Green/Blue for FrLg.
    I'm really hoping they take some hints from the manga's redesign of Wally.
    That design just looked awesome.
    Where's Wally?

Years
    Wally's whole character needs refurbishing; design, story line, Pokemon team, everything that can be attributed to him. Once that's all recreated, I think he'll be an important part of ORAS, or at least I hope so. Maybe we'll get some hints towards his involvement in the next release.

Years
    Wally's whole character needs refurbishing; design, story line, Pokemon team, everything that can be attributed to him. Once that's all recreated, I think he'll be an important part of ORAS, or at least I hope so. Maybe we'll get some hints towards his involvement in the next release.

I don't think he needs that drastic of a change. He could use a larger role in the story, but his backstory should stay the same. Also two members of his team (Roselia and Magneton) got evolutions, while another got a Mega (so if he keeps his Gardevoir (if it does turn into a Gallade) he could have that up his sleeve too), so if they include those in the dex it'll be a boost in difficulty.

Salzorrah

Years
    I kinda hate how his character is designed. He obviously looks like his Ralts imo. Although I kinda like it, it is still kinda obvious how he dresses who his Pokemon are haha.

I also expect more buffs for him, make him a challeging rival.

Years
    I kinda hate how his character is designed. He obviously looks like his Ralts imo. Although I kinda like it, it is still kinda obvious how he dresses who his Pokemon are haha.

I also expect more buffs for him, make him a challeging rival.

Maybe they'll make him look like a Gallade for his redesign with darker green instead of light green, and with a tad more red. If they redesign his sister and give her a special model she could look like a Gardevoir. Or if he keeps the Ralts his sister could resemble Kirlia, and his parents the final evolutions. There they match the ralts family!

Years
    So, I'm sure many of you have seen this screenshot of Brendan and May in what looks to be the route before Petalburg City. Now, this may not seem like an important scene to you, but it's interesting when you think about the fact that May never showed up near this patch of grass in the original games, but Wally did. Of course, no need to jump to conclusions yet, it may just be a shot put together for show, but it's worth noting that Wally is the character you interact with in this same area. Do you guys think this is a sign that he won't even have the same amount of involvement that he did in RSE?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I really don't think any of these screens are real gameplay, at least just yet. It seems like the main focus of the screen is to show off how you can see Beautifly in the overworld, and since they haven't revealed Wally's design they didn't want to show him off there.

If Wally was shown there, then it would be an indirect way of showing off his design, and since he was a character of some prominence in RSE I'm guessing they'd want to reveal his design more formally than exposing it in a beta screenshot.

Salzorrah

Years
    I do really wish Wally returns with the same involvement he had in RSE. Maybe even more. Tbh, he was the true rival in RSE compared to Brendan/May haha xD

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
    I do really wish Wally returns with the same involvement he had in RSE. Maybe even more. Tbh, he was the true rival in RSE compared to Brendan/May haha xD

True rival? You only fought him twice! And the first time he only had his Ralts. :P

I hated Wally with a passion. One of the (many) shortcomings of 3rd gen is not having good rivals. Brendan/May gives up in the middle of the game. Wally is fought twice: first time he only has Ralts and the second time (which the devs probably meant as a "surprise") he already has a full team. I'd rather have seen him develop and become more involved with the story, like Barry in DPPt.

Knowing GF, they probably won't make Wally more involved in the game, as it was in the originals.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I wish we could see him more, though. And GF seems to be changing plenty about the storyline: look at the new legendary forms we got! Doubt that they won't change the story a bit :P I think they could change it a little bit, especially if it would make more sense to see Wally more.

Back