• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Where's Wally?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Wally was a great addition, and made it easier for you to keep all your Pokémon balanced by challenging you to various battles. Though, I think it would be really nice if he perhaps made more appearances in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, and traveled with you every once in a while (like how Barry does in D/P/PT) to get through places, such as Petalburg Woods. Maybe he could involve himself even deeper, and help player out to fight off against Team Aqua and Magma; would be very awesome if you were to be forced to go up against Archie and Maxie at once, and he'd be teaming up with you to battle them. There are various other ways of using him, of course, and these are only a couple. :]

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I always felt Wally was a curve ball of a final challenge before the E4. I kind of don't know if I want them to change him and ruin the surprise those who happened played the games (and don't know the story) by changing his role. However I also want him to appear more as he's one of my favorite characters from RSE...

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I always felt Wally was a curve ball of a final challenge before the E4. I kind of don't know if I want them to change him and ruin the surprise those who happened played the games (and don't know the story) by changing his role. However I also want him to appear more as he's one of my favorite characters from RSE...
    Nah, that wouldn't have to change necessarily. He could be a post-game Champion of some sort, if he was indeed the Champion. Or if he wanted to be involved in Contests, he could fight you at the end of Victory Road, resign himself to failure (poor guy) and house himself away in the Contest Hall! ^^

Years
    Nah, that wouldn't have to change necessarily. He could be a post-game Champion of some sort, if he was indeed the Champion. Or if he wanted to be involved in Contests, he could fight you at the end of Victory Road, resign himself to failure (poor guy) and house himself away in the Contest Hall! ^^
    The champ thing is Blue's curve ball. Not sure if they'll make Wally the champion...think they'll keep Steven, at least for the first match.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
    Wally needs a New Team:

Altaria -> Any other Dragon.
    Magneton -> Magnezone
    Roselia -> Roserade
    Delcaty -> Magikarp (Delcaty is a joke)
    Gardevoir -> Mega-Gardevior

A 6th Pokemon to round up his team... Get this kid a Salamence, Son!

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I wish Wally was Champion if Steven doesn't get the position. Wally was such an adorable character and it was awesome to see him grow and develop over the course of RSE. I'm confident he'll make a return; let's just hope with a more embedded presence within the storyline.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Bring this boy back and give him a Mega Gardevoir! His character isn't as developed as Silver's, Cheren's, Bianca's, or even Hugh's, but this demeanor and determination made him lovable and I was actually very happy that he got such a sweet Pokémon for his starter. I hope the story can go a bit more in-depth with his character this time around, he really deserves it!

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    I like how Wally was different compared to the other rivals - he was different compared to most other rivals who were arrogant and a bunch of toughie-wannabes. I predict Wally will come back for the remakes, and be keeping his signature Ralts. I'm not sure what they can do to reveal more of Wally's backstory or expand his role in the games, but I'm looking forward to see him nonetheless!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Anyone think he might be not in the story, and instead people will hint that he died?

God, I hope not, but GF has been worse.

He's always tumbling around the Victory Road, hoping for a rematch, so I think not. Although it would be cool if he climbs to be the champ, or someone stronger than the champ (like Steven) that we battle postgame.

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
    Throughout all of the games, Wally has always been my favourite rival. I never really considered Brendan my 'rival' because in our last battle, his starter wasn't even fully evolved, and I considered Wally more of a threat. It would be incredible if Wally became a gym leader or the champion, but since it's a re-make rather then a sequel, that probably isn't going to happen. But I would love if the PokéNav was given some video chat features like in X and Y, where you could chat with Wally and set up a battle. That would be awesome!

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I liked him! he was so cute >w< I really hope he makes it back. I'd love to face him again and see him grow like in the originals! Perhaps he could have a bigger role this time around? Maybe he could help the player face the legendaries?

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    Sigh... I wish that Diantha had a different Mega-Evolving Pokemon instead of Mega Gardevoir to use as her signature/ace Pokemon, because I always associated the Ralts line with Wally.. I kind of wish a Mega Gallade could be introduced, though (since Wally's particular Ralts is male), so that Wally is heightened in power and the Ralts line gets "balanced" again in terms of evolutions.

Also, I think "Battle! VS Rival (Hoenn)" should play during Wally's battles, since he kind of assumes the rival role after Brendan/May essentially abandon it (unfortunately) at Lilycove City.

Years
    I'm hoping they make May/Branden tougher and have more rematches with them after Lilicove...

Ontopic: I think that they should have someone mention they saw a green haired young man pass by (lol I can see people thinking of N instead of Wally) as we advance in our Journey.

~Platina's Jason~

Platina Fan to the 9th Degree~
    Years
    I liked his roles in the originals so I think they should keep his role mostly the same. The only difference I'd make would be to have him battle you after you help him get his Ralts in addition to the other times you battle him and for him to be seen every few towns to hint at him appearing in Victory Road though I would make it so that during these brief appearances you couldn't talk to or battle him.

Years
    I would love to see Wally as a Gym Leader. I always loved his character and wish they did more with him. Hopefully they will this time around.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Wally was my favorite character in Pokémon Ruby and Sapphire. He was the underdog, that turned out to be a powerful trainer before facing the Elite Four. I would like to see him have a larger role in the remake, making him Champion would be interesting.

Years
    I don't think they'll make him champion or a gym leader, at least not in the main story. I hope that he'll leave Victory road sometimes and goes to Verdanturf as the end of Victory road seems so lonely...plus it'll be nice to see him visit his family. Maybe in the post game we'll see a scene where Wally returns home that's heart warming.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    I don't think they'll make him champion or a gym leader, at least not in the main story. I hope that he'll leave Victory road sometimes and goes to Verdanturf as the end of Victory road seems so lonely...plus it'll be nice to see him visit his family. Maybe in the post game we'll see a scene where Wally returns home that's heart warming.

I actually hate how Wally is stuck in Victory Road one we finish the game so I hope they did move him back to Verdanturf or maybe atleast visit his mom and dad in Petalburg and have him rematchable I guess.

Back