• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which animal does Blissey or Chansey remind you of?

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    As they are actually not based off an animal, it lets you wildly guess. So, for an unexplained reason, Chansey reminds me of an amphibious. It's whole appearance, the appendages on its head and its overall slimy and shiny looking appearance and body give you the idea of an amphibious. Is it that just me?

About Blissey, I don't know why but it reminds me of a Guinea Pig. I mean both are very timid, calm creatures. Both have fur and are friendly. Also, Guinea Pigs are by nature completely defenseless, weak animals.Even a Dwarf Rabbit is stronger than a Guinea Pig so you get the idea. They can't survive in the wild(that's why they were domesticated) and their only 'defense mechanism' is running away and hiding. So are Blissey. They are very frail and weak physically just like Guinea Pigs. They are also only domesticated and don't exist in the wild as they can't survive because they don't have a way to protect themselves against predators. Oh, and Blissey are just as cute as Guinea Pigs.

What about you?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • According to Bulbapedia, Chansey and Blissey are based on the concept of nurses/doctors or mothers because of the fact that their Pokedex entries reference them healing others.

Animal-wise, they could be based on various marsupials, like kangaroos, because they carry eggs in pouches. They're also loosely based on chickens or poultry because of how they lay nutritious eggs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    Haha PlatinumeDude. They are based on nurses, I know. But animal-wise, now that you said it, I can somewhat think of Chansey as a hen. But not Blissey. And Kangaroos? Yeah they are supposed to be like them, but have you seen a Kangaroo next to Blissey? Blissey would never have the body of a Kangaroo.

But you know what? Blissey is certainly a Koala. Look at her curls. Then look at the Koala's ears. They are the same! She is cute like a Koala. And Koalas also have pouches. But she may be a weird breed between a Koala and a chicken so as to make a koala looking Pokemon that lays eggs and has a pouch :) But yeah she is certainly a koala.
    I would say a sloth bear(lol) but now that I think about it they don't look quite the same and bears don't have pouches.

So koala wins!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Uh, sumo wrestlers maybe? Cause they're heavy, and... well, they do the opposite to what sumo wrestlers do, by healing and not fighting! If not I agree with PlatDude. idk by default I just agree with him lol.

Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2014
    First of all, they are not fat! They are just thick .-.
    And I completely agree with PlatDude. They are indeed marsupials like Kangaroos and Koalas. I just said that they look a lot more like a Koala due to the Koala's ears looking like Blissey's curls and generally the Koala's body structure looks much more similar to Blissey's than that of the Kangaroo.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Rabbits? To be honest, I don't really know. To me they're some kind of mammal or something.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2015
    Very good question. It's likely that it'll never be answered at all before this franchise comes to an end (if it comes to an end, that is.) However, I do have some things to say to a couple of people.

Animal-wise, they could be based on various marsupials, like kangaroos, because they carry eggs in pouches.

Kangaskhan fits this to a T, but Chansey & Blissey? I get the part in it having a pouch, but that's about it.

Uh, sumo wrestlers maybe?

I fail to see how sumo wrestlers fit into these two...

Back