• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which console do you personally like Xbox 360, Wii or the PS3?

Zeikku_Sidewinder

Hoothoots = Win.
Years
  • PS3, because, it has like a 10% fail rate. The games we have are good, people can say the graphics potential isn't used...but then look at uncharted 2 it used 90% of the ps3's SPU, but still not the full graphics capability or check out Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time, the whole of that game looks like a Disney Pixar Movie. There is a reason why Microsoft staff at Xbox bought their copies of Uncharted 2 and it's a PS3 exclusive.

Only exclusives for the Xbox, that can be bragged about in my opinion, are:- Halo, Gears of war and Forza.

PS3 has over 200 network titles (including ones on the store), Some of our exclusives include;

Gran Turismo 5
    Ratchet and Clank
    Resistance
    God of War
    Agent
    Heavy Rain
    Infamous
    Uncharted
    Final fantasy 13 Versus
    MAG
    Little BIG Planet

I do like the Xbox, but PS3 is made better. It supports anything that has Bluetooth or that uses a USB 2.0, which means cameras, keyboards and mice can be attached. PS3's also allow Linux to be run, as the cell processor supports OpenGL, with that comes emulators for Windows and other game consoles. Sony actually listen to feedback.
    For example; We wanted cross game chat, and we're getting it this month. We wanted Backwards compatibility with PS2 games, they're giving us that and "More" (The "more" is a rumor so I can't state that as a valid point).

Fact is, 75% of games are Multi-platform anyways. I just prefer the PS3's exclusives.
    I've always been loyal to Sony, because they brought us the PS1 which was the most reliable console I probably have ever owned, the PS2 was quite the same. The PS3 lives up to my expectations of sony, giving me a media center-like games console with a 120GB Hard drive at only £250. It's money well spent, if you're looking to play Blu-Rays, DVDs, MP3s, MP4s. PS3 also syncs data from your PC via your internet connection.

Zodiac Realm

I'm a Negative Creep~
    Years
  • i prefer the ps3
    1.looks cooler
    2.better exclusive games
    3.free online
    4.better graphics
    5.blue ray
    6.can have up to 100 people online for some games
    7.can play all ps2 and 1 games(or at least mine can)

and that's all i can thing of when i say looks cooler that's only opinion ok.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • And to the guy who was all "Exclusivs r beter on 360" iirc if you compare the ratio of exclusives that score above 8/10 / 80% on PS3 to 360, the PS3 exclusives come out on top. Don't quote me on that as it might of changed since I last checked, but check for yourself.

Maybe it's true I really don't want to check right now but I did go ahead and check the exclusives and the lineup is way better on the 360. This isn't formulaic so review scores don't matter in this thread. This thread is about your opinion on the consoles and which one you like better not which one has better review scores, in which case the 360 still wins in the 90+ category. Someone who really likes MGS and hates Halo is going to like the PS3 exclusives better and someone who doesn't like MGS and loves Halo or Gears is going to like the 360 exclusives better. I mean why should I care if MGS4 has amazing reviews if I've never been a big fan? Not to mention the absence of Gran Turismo as of now makes the racing crowd lean towards the 360 because of Forza, even though GT is coming in the spring. It's not just about how many exclusives you have and how many get better reviews but rather how many are relevant to the gamer as well, which is why in my opinion the 360 exclusives are better.

Last edited:

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Just a reminder to keep things level-headed, guys.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, if someone disagrees with yours, don't argue with them or fight it unless you can have a mature discussion.

This is just a warning; nobody is in trouble. :)

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    PS3 personally.

Seriously, the main reason is Red Ring...and The controller.

It's strange, I really can't use an Xbox controller, however simple poeple keep telling me it is ... XD.

But also I like alot of the PS3's exclusives, i.e. MGS4, Killzone 2, Uncharted and others.

I just think it's a better all rounded console for me personally.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Maybe it's true I really don't want to check right now but I did go ahead and check the exclusives and the lineup is way better on the 360. This isn't formulaic so review scores don't matter in this thread. This thread is about your opinion on the consoles and which one you like better not which one has better review scores, in which case the 360 still wins in the 90+ category. Someone who really likes MGS and hates Halo is going to like the PS3 exclusives better and someone who doesn't like MGS and loves Halo or Gears is going to like the 360 exclusives better. I mean why should I care if MGS4 has amazing reviews if I've never been a big fan? Not to mention the absence of Gran Turismo as of now makes the racing crowd lean towards the 360 because of Forza, even though GT is coming in the spring. It's not just about how many exclusives you have and how many get better reviews but rather how many are relevant to the gamer as well, which is why in my opinion the 360 exclusives are better.

I like the fact you say it as if it's fact and then try to justify it with a bolded "imo" even after " did go ahead and check the exclusives and the lineup is way better on the 360." in the same paragraph.

If you want to try and say it like fact, then you can, but you'll have to face up to the mass scores from critics. I'm not going to start a massive thing with this, but it really ticks me off (and it is generally, at least on pokecommunity, mostly 360 fans who do it) when people claim, solely because they like the line up better for one system, that it is the best.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I like my Wii. The PS3 is fun, but it doesn't have enough good exclusives for me and is a bit expensive. The Xbox 360 is...well, I'm not a big fan of that system.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • I like the fact you say it as if it's fact and then try to justify it with a bolded "imo" even after " did go ahead and check the exclusives and the lineup is way better on the 360." in the same paragraph.

If you want to try and say it like fact, then you can, but you'll have to face up to the mass scores from critics. I'm not going to start a massive thing with this, but it really ticks me off (and it is generally, at least on pokecommunity, mostly 360 fans who do it) when people claim, solely because they like the line up better for one system, that it is the best.

No, I didn't say it as if it's a fact. Maybe it sounded that way because I don't put "imo" in every single sentence in which I state my opinion, I didn't know you had to do that. I love it when I strike a nerve, especially when I'm not trying to. It's funny because after I said the exclusives on the 360 were way better I went out of my way with an entire paragraph explaining why I thought so and yet people still flip out and try to tell me I'm a hypocrite. It really is quite amazing. Let me try again and maybe you'll understand this time.

IMO the exclusives on the 360 are way better because IMO MGS4, Resistance 1 and 2, Killzone 2, and Little Big Planet aren't that great and IMO Gears of War 2, Forza 3, Fable 2, 'Splosion Man, Shadow Complex and Halo 3 are better than most PS3 exclusives. Critics can rave all they want about those PS3 games but if I personally don't like them then I'm not going to say the PS3 has better exclusives if I like the exclusives on the 360 better, this would be after all the definition of a damn opinion. This is all of course IMO.

How's that?

This is not me trying to start a "massive thing" about the PS3 vs the 360 because I like both and if some people would bother reading everything I typed they would know I'm a big fan of God of War games and Uncharted 2 just by reading my first post. This is me defending myself from someone who apparently does not know what an opinion actually is and expects me to say that the 360 has an inferior exclusive title line-up because games that I personally don't like are getting amazing reviews. Everyone in this thread knows that this would be just silly. That would be like me forcing you to say you like Halo or Forza because critics gave great reviews and then saying that it is their reviews that should shape your opinion on the line-ups and not your own. This would of course contradict the very meaning of an opinion. I'm sure everyone understands after that.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    No, I didn't say it as if it's a fact. Maybe it sounded that way because I don't put "imo" in every single sentence in which I state my opinion, I didn't know you had to do that. I love it when I strike a nerve, especially when I'm not trying to. It's funny because after I said the exclusives on the 360 were way better I went out of my way with an entire paragraph explaining why I thought so and yet people still flip out and try to tell me I'm a hypocrite. It really is quite amazing. Let me try again and maybe you'll understand this time.

IMO the exclusives on the 360 are way better because IMO MGS4, Resistance 1 and 2, Killzone 2, and Little Big Planet aren't that great and IMO Gears of War 2, Forza 3, Fable 2, 'Splosion Man, Shadow Complex and Halo 3 are better than most PS3 exclusives. Critics can rave all they want about those PS3 games but if I personally don't like them then I'm not going to say the PS3 has better exclusives if I like the exclusives on the 360 better, this would be after all the definition of a damn opinion. This is all of course IMO.

How's that?

This is not me trying to start a "massive thing" about the PS3 vs the 360 because I like both and if some people would bother reading everything I typed they would know I'm a big fan of God of War games and Uncharted 2 just by reading my first post. This is me defending myself from someone who apparently does not know what an opinion actually is and expects me to say that the 360 has an inferior exclusive title line-up because games that I personally don't like are getting amazing reviews. Everyone in this thread knows that this would be just silly. That would be like me forcing you to say you like Halo or Forza because critics gave great reviews and then saying that it is their reviews that should shape your opinion on the line-ups and not your own. This would of course contradict the very meaning of an opinion. I'm sure everyone understands after that.

lol.

Where did I say you were a hypocrite? I never said that you had to say anything about 360 exclusives being inferior, it may shock you to know, but apart from halo 3 (Which is honestly, imo, below average. it offers nothing special) I like those exclusives you listed, and I don't like LBP. Don't go jumping into a tl;dr because i called you out over a statement which was far from "in my opinion" and presented as fact.

In response to you trying to make me come across as an idiot, I wouldn't of brought the reviews into this if it wasn't for you claiming the 360 had the far superior line up.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Okay guys. Let's just drop it now before things get out of hand. Take it to PMs if you want to discuss it further, but don't post in this thread again please.

Years
  • I prefer the Xbox 360 than the other two consoles. It's only because some of the games exclusivly on this console is on their. Also I just can't get used to games like CoD on the PS3 then Xbox 360 because the bumpers are the weapons and such.

To add on to this -
    We get new bonuses such as music station/radio live streamed. US residents get Netflix and UK Residents get Sky TV.

Of course you need to pay but it's helping out so we can get more of the vast amount of arcade games. AND we can make our own arcade games for a price to be hosted on Live so people may play which I think is good because beginner game makers can use this and get a world feedback with the new rating systems.

Years
  • I was thinking about getting one of the current generation game consoles. The Wii is ruled out and I'm seriously considering the PS3. Any motives for the XBOX 360?

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
  • I have both but i have to say im a ps3 boy I just think they have better games and i just like it better and i absolutely hate the Xbox controller

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2009
    Hi,
    Xbox 360 is really a best console to play games compare to PS3. I like to play games with this console. we can get good graphical quality. So i prefer xbox 360 always.

yaminokaitou

りゅうのマスター
    Years
  • I have a Wii and an Xbox 360. I want a PS3.

I lurve my Wii, though I have few games for it. It's not that there aren't games I want, I'm just cheap to spend money on them. XD
    I love the VC channel. I never got a SNES or Sega Genesis, so it's awesome to finally be able to play those game without having to rely on ROMs (not a bit ROM person).

As for the 360. I got it as a present from a friend who upgraded to the Elite, but I rarely use it. Every so often I'll marathon certain games (Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, Eternal Sonata), but other than that I hardly play it. To me, my 360 is a walking time bomb, so it's very rare that I'll buy games for it. Another reason is that the games are so expensive. $50 is my limit, and most new 360 games are well above that limit. The third is that I don't want to buy a load of games for a system I know will eventually RROD on me.

Yes, I have unnecessary fears for the 360. But every single person I know has suffered RROD, and my Xbox 360 is an older model, so it worries me. This Xbox was actually my friend's third Xbox. He bugged MS after his first system died and he got a "new" Xbox, which turned out to be a lousy refurbed system that died within a few weeks, until they gave him a new Xbox that was a little outdated.

I want a PS3 for the new Vesperia, Last Guardian, and FFXIII Versus, but I'll probably get a DSi first since my DS Lite suffers from a hinge crack and the r-button no longer works.

Last edited:

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • I have every console. 360 gets used by far the most often.

The PS3 has some great games and Uncharted is one of my favourite franchises of all time. But the problem I have with PS3 games is that no matter how awesome and enjoyable the game is, I'm always thinking to myself, "This game would be so much better if I could play it on a 360 controller."

Seriously, I absolutely despise Sony's controller layout and analog sticks. For God's sake, Sony, you've had fifteen years to work on a better control pad. It was understandable with the PS1, when the analog sticks were added as an afterthought following the N64. But by now Sony should've optimized the control pad's layout so that the analog stick is more accessible than the sporadically used D Pad. The analog stick also sucks for sensitive, precision shooting.

If the PS3 had the 360's control pad, I'd prefer the PS3. As simple as that to me. Although, to compare the two quickly.

360 controller > PS3 controller
    360 games = PS3 games
    360 Achievements > PS3 Trophies
    360 backwards compatibility < PS3 backwards compatibility
    360 region lock < PS3 region free
    360 media player < PS3 media player
    360 mod and flashing > PS3 mod and flashing
    360 durability < PS3 durability.

EDIT: Holy hell that was quite a long post. I had no idea I was that bored on a Friday night.

ssj5goku5

Heard you like dem MUDKIPS!!!
    Years
  • i like the ps3 for a few reasons
    1. better controls
    2. better online gameplay
    3. its easier to operate

Back