• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen which do you like more?

which one?

• Poketch

Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Pokegear

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

Winson

Legendary Pokemon Master
Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2013
    the pokegear from heart gold and soul silver? or the poketch from diamond/pearl/platinum?

why?
    PokeGear because I tend not to use the Poketch Apps other than the Digital Clock one. XD

It's pretty much like asking which people prefer to use, a Smart Phone or a Digital Watch. XD

The only reason I would say that Poketch is better than PokeGear is because of Joey and his Rattata obsession. XD

1Roxas

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    I would say the pokegear because it has a radio and the poketch doesn't

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    The Pokégear, because the Pokétch was full of so many useless applications. The Pokégear, as much as I sometimes question the phone app (Youngster Joey...) was definitely more useful. I mean, some of the Pokétch apps didn't make any sense. I never saw why I needed a calculator or that... pixel thing. You know, that thing where you touched a pixel and it would change shades? I had no idea what purpose that was supposed to serve whatsoever.

That said, the Daycare app and the Type Matchup app (forget what it's actually called haha) are pretty useful to me.

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • I prefer the Poketch better, even though it is kinda filled with useless applications... But I really like that I can check on my pokemon if they're in the daycare (since I'm recently trying to get into breeding, even though it's a little hard to understand. It's really fun I think) and I like the clock and the step counter for when I'm hatching :3.

I never use the Pokegear.. and I don't especially love the phone calling that comes along with it.

Years
  • The one thing that the Poketch had over the PokeGear was the tracking app that allowed you to detect where any roaming Pokemon were. I desperately need that feature in HG/SS to catch Entei and Raikou. Even though the feature is on the PokeGear, it worked better in D/P/Pt, since you could keep the app on the bottom screen and actually see where the roaming Pokemon was going. But ANYWAYS, the one I prefer over the two would be the PokeGear, since you can listen to the radio, and call people with it. (Ignoring the obsessive callers >.>)

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    PokeGear, why? It came first and its worth million of Poke Dollars, but hey my ma gave it to me for free! lol

G-Virus

The B.O.W. King
    Years
  • I like the Pokegear a LOT better than the Poketch. The pokegear lets you use the map faster, call for gym rematches, here different music, etc.
    The poketch is only convenient to me because of the watch, other than that, that's about all I use.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Pokegear, only because of the Gym Rematch Calls. The Poketch had a bunch of stuff I rarely used, though the Counter was useful for EV training...

Giraffe

キリンリキ
    Years
  • The Poketch is more fun, I guess.

I hardly use my Pokegear - I know the Phone part is useful, but it's certainly quite annoying when people constantly ring you to tell you about their Weedle & Ratatta... D:

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
    Years
  • Poketch. The clock was quite convenient, as was the map. But the best part was that RNGing was tedious, not so complicated. Oh yeah, and your mom didnt waste all your hard saved money :(.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • The pokegear from heart gold and soul silver? or the poketch from diamond/pearl/platinum?
    I Like the Pokegear more.

why?
    I like it because you can add that dude with the Rattata which is at the top percentage of Rattata's

I like it because you can call people from anywhere you are in the Johto or Kanto region and it also has a radio.

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
    Years
  • Pokegear.
    Why?
    Why in blue blazes would someone need a crud version of Microsoft Paint XP.
    Microsoft Paint XP.
    ~RulerArceus

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2011
    As much as I love HGSS and played it the first time around, I couldn't help being a bit disappointed there was no more poketch. It was convenient and had a lot of useful apps.

Back