• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which do you prefer? Ash or Red?

Years
  • That's it. I bet that 75% don't know Red from the manga series, but. Which do you prefer? Ash(Anime) or Red(Manga)?

Personally I think Red is awesome, since he actually WON the tournament he took part on, while ash got to the finals at most on ALL the tournaments, and Red's tournament was his first and still, he won.

Also, he isn't like Ash one bit. He is more mature, while ash is childish, stays always with 10 years old and always when he starts a new journey he simply forgets how to catch pokemon and all. Lol.

So make your input and tell why.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2020
    Well, I do know who Red is!! :D hm... usually I'd say Ash because I grew up with the anime... but seeing as they sort of... tweek his character every season now... I goin' for Red

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Personally, I like Ash more. He loses a lot and he wins sometimes but he always keeps trying. I don't like new Ash so much though, they sucked out all his personality. Old Ash is cool though.

Sure, he's childish but he's freaking ten! He should be childish. I don't like Red as much cause he barley has any personality problems. The only problem he ever seems to have is that he gets emo sometimes and that's something every body gets.
    Now, I don't hate Red I just prefer Ash over him... And Gold over him... And Ruby over him...

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • Red by a long shot. Ash was based off of Red and he doesnt even compare. Red is a pretty powerful trainer, and he sticks to the things that he learns. While Ash has to keep learning the same thing over and over again.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • This reminds me of the counterpart discussion either here or General Gaming not to long ago xD. Any who KnightKGR I am pretty sure a lot more people then you think are aware of who Red is. Red is also the counterpart in the Red/Green(Japan) and Red/Blue not to mention he was known as former Champion in GSC series and HGSS, so it seems like a stretch to say that %75 of the members are unaware of who he is. Unless you are just defining this by Manga and anime alone, because then I agree a good deal of people are not familiar with the Manga. Either way I say Red is more successful cause he is POKEMON CHAMPION in the game. So I am going with Red.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I gotta go with Red, but I'm also gonna say this: Ash is technically younger than Red, and also has had his story dragged on for over a decade. Imagine if Red had been the protagonist throughout all the regions. I don't think he would be as likable.

Fantastique

Farewell, seashell .
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2011
    I looove Red. He's just so perfect when it comes to trainers. AND HE PRETTY MUCH DOMINATES EVERYONE IN THE MANGA WORLD 8D

But I still love Ash too :x

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
    Years
  • The manga > anime, even though I grew up on the anime. So of course that would mean Red's the better out of the two. Red, in my opinion, has more personality and is just a more realistic person. Ash is just kind of an idiot and doesn't seem to have anything on his mind other than becoming a "Pokemon Master". I'm sure Ash is s'posed to be vague so every 10 year old kid can relate to him in some way and kinda insert their own personality into him, but still. =[

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • I like Ash more. Sticked with the anime for a long time already and yet he's a cool character.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    I'm going to have to say Ash because he's been in the show a long time.
    Which do you prefer? Ash or Red?

Years
  • I have never even read the Pokemon Manga, but I am going with Red. Red is just so much better than Ash in many ways. Red actually is a Pokemon Master XD

coolcatkim22

Team Rocket's Rockin'
    Years
  • Ash was based off of Red
    No he wasn't. Red and Ash were both based off Jack. Not to meantion the anime came out before the manga.
    Red is a pretty powerful trainer,
    Okay, that's it, I'm declaring Gary Stu (no pun intended).
    and he sticks to the things that he learns.
    Sure he did, sure he did.
    While Ash has to keep learning the same thing over and over again.
    Like what?
    Red, in my opinion, has more personality

Give me a list.
    and is just a more realistic person.

How?
    doesn't seem to have anything on his mind other than becoming a "Pokemon Master".

Unlike Red who... What did Red want to do again?
    I'm sure Ash is s'posed to be vague so every 10 year old kid can relate to him in some way and kinda insert their own personality into him, but still. =[
    Well, kind of but so was Red in a way.

FlamingThunder

Years
  • Even if I watch the anime more frequently than read the manga, I still prefer Red. Red is more powerful than mister-boy, and when Ash visits a new region, his mind resets.

KANTO= 10% he knows nothing about these creatures yet.
    JOHTO= 20% many PKMN from the Kanto region are still common.
    HOENN- 10% ...
    SINNOH- 9%
    UNOVA- ???

Just my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2011
    Since Red has the pikachu that doesn't restart when you go to a new region I'd have to say him.

Back