• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which DS do you have/are you going to get?

Which one?

• DS Phat (original)

Votes: 20 40.0%
  • DS Lite

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • DSi

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • DSi LL

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
Years
  • I started with a DS Lite about three years ago, but lately the screen has began flickering so I went into CeX to see if I could get a secondhand unit as a replacement, and found an old battered DS Phat for £50 at the back of the shop. We are now pretty much inseparable XD The old DSes are so much more comfortable than the Lites, and IMHO have better stereo sound quality.

I don't ever want a DSi. I love my Dual-Slot. :[

Z34guy

Pretty Little Psycho
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    I had a DS Lite special Legend of Zelda edition. my nephew lost it and then it was stolen. Hopefully, I'll either stumble across another on eBay (it was a holiday season only version), or I'll import a light blue DS Lite from Japan. They're region free, so it shouldn't matter where it's from.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I have a blue/black lite right now. Before that a black one. Here's a tip: don't get the shiny black! Scratches are waaaaay to obvious on that. I'd go for white or blue or red. If I ever do get a DSi, though, it will be after they've made AceKards that work with the DSi-only features and use GBA emulators. And it will be matte black. Much better.

Years
  • Mattle Black DSi. :cool: I'm spoiled now because the screens are a little bigger seem a bit clearer/brighter. Only problem is that I can't do Pal Park or find GBA insertion pokes unless I switch to my DS lite >_<

I bought it mostly so I could have a second DS for trading purposes and avoid wasting money by buying a duplicate. I think it was worth it. ;)

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
  • I had a DS original, but it recently broke over the summer.

I'll more than likely get a new DS. Don't know when, but it'll definitely be a DS Lite.

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • I had a DS phat when they first released, but I replaced it with a black DS Lite about 2 years ago and gave the phat to my friend. I don't plan on getting a DSi. My brother however, has a DS phat that he got at the same time I got mine, a Lite he got last year, AND a DSi that he got for his birthday THIS year. The sad thing is, I use my DS Lite more than he uses ANY of his and he's younger than me.

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I have a black DS Lite. I bought it when I broke my GBA. Don't really plan to upgrade anytime soon either.

Years
    • she/her or they/them
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    I have owned two DSs, a Phat and a Lite. The Phat, which was a nice blue DS, lasted me a year or so before my brother broke the hinge on it (and then the fuse inside of it blew...). My DS Lite, an old black model, has been beaten, dropped, and slightly abused since I got it two years ago. It hasn't failed me once (unless you count periodic freezing upon startup and multiple screen recalibrations), and it's my inseparable partner. However, I really only use it for Pokémon, The World Ends With You, and Super Mario Bros.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
  • Like TheAppleFreak, I have a "Phat" blue DS. Mine isn't broken, though. I'm probably not going to get any other version of the DS. exept maybe DSi XL. I don't have the money/I don't want to spend.

Years
  • I have the original silver DS, but I might be getting either a red or black DS Lite soon. I have no interest in the DSi really.

Back