• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen which elite four did u have trouble with

Years
    I was versing the Platinum E4 today on my friends ROM. Anyways, it was fairly easy. Bronzong isn't so annying anymore, now that it's Lv. 55 but for it's level, Aaron's Yanmega isn't too bad (considering it's an E4 pokemon).

Sheek

Paladin
    Years
    Bertha. I had a team of Infernape, Luxray, Staraptor, Gabite and Abomasnow (which was underleveled). They were all at level 45-50. She destroyed me until I taught Grass Knot to tha ape.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Does Cynthia count, cause she was the PITA.

If not... well, the last one (what was the name again?) To many Psychics.

cyan.

▲ 愛してる .
    Years
    They made it way to easy then the other games.
    And yeah, None of them did.
    EDIT: The Milotic was so annoying to.

Last edited:

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Lucian's Bronzong is a BEAST to take down if you don't have a Fire-type, which in D/P were lacking. The problem is somewhat rectified in Platinum, or so I've heard.

If my Ice Beam user (Empoleon) was a bit faster, Cynthia's Garchomp would have been a lot easier... Fortunately, it would always use either Dragon Rush or Giga Impact against me (instead of Earthquake), so Empoleon would always survive to Ice Beam it.

MyLove

Is Your Love
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2009
    (I just started so bare with me lol.)

I cant seem to get passed Cynthia's Lucario, Lucian's team is also very strong.
    I'm not exactly sure what team I should use against the elite four.

Currently, I'm training all my pokemon to about level 65, in hopes that I'll win with relative ease.

Available pokemon:

Infernape lvl 55
    Staraptor lvl 49
    Azelf lvl 65
    Palkia lvl 50
    Empleon lvl 51
    Torterra lvl 50
    Lucario lvll 55
    Luxray lvl 49
    Garchomp lvl 53
    Floatzel lvl 48

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    Well.... they're all easy, but the last one (rival) must be the most experienced one since he has 6 pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2023
    Cynthia was the most difficult. Gastrodon took me the most effort to beat only b/c my Haunter couldn't OHKO it with a Giga Drain. She used Full Restore so I then used Shadow Ball and then Giga Drain. I was saving Lucario for her Garchomp but forgot all about Earthquake. I got lucky and my Garchomp's Dragon Rush hit which was a OHKO.

I had a harder time with Cyrus at Mt. Coronet than I did with any Elite 4 members. That might have been b/c I had to carry a Graveler for Rock Climb.

rxpapi12

Metal Gear....
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2009
    The only reason I ever had trouble with the D/P E4 was because I beat the game up to that point too quickly, so my Pokémon were all too low of a level to be good enough.

Long story short, I challenged them (and whited out) a lot until I leveled up enough to beat them. xD
    thats like best way to train for them lol
    on my first playthru i rushed and my infernape was the only level capable one so i put him and my dialga to battle on and on losing tons of times till they leveled up then i bought them the equipment (full restores, revives) for victory lol

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I had trouble beating Cynthia the first time, though that was mainly because I rushed through (like a lot of people seem to do). I can't remember which Pokemon specifically gave me trouble. It didn't take me too many tries to beat them (since I was cheap and used Dialga). Now, though, the Elite Four is too easy.

Back