• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which game?

Which Game?

• Pokemon Diamond

Votes: 91 71.1%
  • Pokemon Pearl

Votes: 37 28.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    xD! It seems they are both good... but now i think about it... Pakuria is a Cheap Version of Kingdra, so i might get diamond Steel/dragon... since i am a big fan of steel (xD! since Metagross) or, i mite even get both of them second hand; my emerald; i bgought it for 18 dollars (tradingpost)

Mudkip85

A.K.A ~KIPPER~
    Years
    I'm personally getting Diamond, one reason being because Palkia is one bug unshaded mess. I don't know, I'm quite disappointed with their sprites. They're just much too..Unshaded. But I digress.

Yes, I'm definitely getting Diamond, though I'll end up with Pearl eventually as well.

-Kitsune

Im with Kitsune on this one, im going to start out with diamond but eventually ill get pearl too. XD

~Kipper~

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2006
    dimond

diamond because its cool and diruga looks tight p.s i just got the game today and its fun and merry chirstmas

what?

an 815 survivor :P
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2007
    i asked my friends what versions they're getting, and all of them wanted Diamond!!! @_@
    actually it works out because i get to have Palkia, which i prefer stat-wise and movepool-wise over dialga.
    also, i'll be the only one with Pearl :P
    Although, i was originally planning to get diamond :\

Years
    I will probaly get Diamond because Diaruga looks very cool. Then I'll probaly buy the version with both games together (like yellow, crystal and emerald) whenever that is released. That's what I always do, buy the better looking single and then buy them when they're together.

Lil-Dill

I need to change that ^
    Years
    Im choosing Pearl becuz Parukia iz the Pokemon / ruler of space. And also its got some pokemon I like which u can only get in Pearl! And so what if Parukia has only got a weakness to Dragon n Thunder n maybe Fighting pokemon, Diaruga haz got weaknesses to Dragon Fire n Psycik.

Years
    = = pakuria is only weak to Dragon = =... diagura is weak to Ground, Dragon and (i think) ice... ur kinda lost roadkirby = =... also, i've changed mind (again) gonna buy BOTH games from nintendo(pre order) and get a discount...
    (there are deals like that... i bought Ruby and sapphire when they were out, for total of 100 bux)

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    Pearl. Don't ask. Or I'll EAT YOU!!11one XD

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    = = pakuria is only weak to Dragon = =... diagura is weak to Ground, Dragon and (i think) ice... ur kinda lost roadkirby = =... also, i've changed mind (again) gonna buy BOTH games from nintendo(pre order) and get a discount...
    (there are deals like that... i bought Ruby and sapphire when they were out, for total of 100 bux)

no, Diaruga is only weak to ground, while Parukia is only weak to dragon. steel types are resistant to both ice AND dragon.

the only advantage i can see between the two is that diaruga has more hp and has qualitative resistances, while parukia has a little more speed and has a wider range for attack effectiveness.

i go for parukia.

Years

Hmm that does make quite a saving.

Samson

Years
    how is that a saving? it's a bargain, but still, if you buy just ONE of the games, you're still paying WAY less than having paid for two in a bargain. besides, it would be quite unnecessary to get BOTH when WiFi will allow everyone to trade those pokes you couldn't catch otherwise.

a little common sense wouldn't hurt...

cardfreak

Decepticon ******
    Years
    I am picking Diamond because It matches my Birthstone. also, It is pretty popular.

Dialga is weak to Ground and Fighting
    Palkia is only weak to Dragon.

Cornicapus

Custom User Title
    Years
    hmmmm i THINK i'll get Both if i hve enough money... i tink they'll be like $80-$100 each or somethng? but i'll play both fora little while and figure out which one i like more and i'll trade all the Exclusives on he oter game to the game i like XD... but am leaning toward diamond at the moment... because Pukaria desnt look that appealing to me.....

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
    hmmmm i THINK i'll get Both if i hve enough money... i tink they'll be like $80-$100 each or somethng? but i'll play both fora little while and figure out which one i like more and i'll trade all the Exclusives on he oter game to the game i like XD... but am leaning toward diamond at the moment... because Pukaria desnt look that appealing to me.....

80 to 100 dollars? Gee, I hope not.

For a DS game, I think the worst they can rip you off is around 50 bucks.

But I have my bets that they'll be around $39.99 or maybe even $45.00.

May want to check on Amazon once they come out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    80 to 100 dollars? Gee, I hope not.

For a DS game, I think the worst they can rip you off is around 50 bucks.

But I have my bets that they'll be around $39.99 or maybe even $45.00.

Eh, the most expensive DS game I've seen was $35 (Ranger, for one), so that's my bet.

Samson said:
    how is that a saving? it's a bargain, but still, if you buy just ONE of the games, you're still paying WAY less than having paid for two in a bargain. besides, it would be quite unnecessary to get BOTH when WiFi will allow everyone to trade those pokes you couldn't catch otherwise.

a little common sense wouldn't hurt...

Not wanting to have to go on Wi-Fi, perhaps? Or not being able to?

And besides, $100 for Ruby & Sapphire is NOT any kind of bargain when the games only cost $30-$35 each when they were released, and even less now (go into a Gamestop and you can find both used for a total of $50). They aren't that expensive on eBay, either.

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    They charge us like £35 for a new DS game when it comes out which is somewhere around $70 =(

I'll be getting Diamond because I like how Diagura looks more like my kinda guy and I know some people who are getting Pearl so yeah.

Samson

Years
    Eh, the most expensive DS game I've seen was $35 (Ranger, for one), so that's my bet.

Not wanting to have to go on Wi-Fi, perhaps? Or not being able to?

And besides, $100 for Ruby & Sapphire is NOT any kind of bargain when the games only cost $30-$35 each when they were released, and even less now (go into a Gamestop and you can find both used for a total of $50). They aren't that expensive on eBay, either.

yes but having purchased both doesn't solve the problem. you still have the pokemon on two different cartridges, and unless you plan on purchasing ANOTHER DS, i don't see how buying BOTH cartridges will solve the problem of not having ALL the pokemon, or at least the pokemon you want to try out. if the plan is to try out the different pokemon on both cartridges over WiFi... well, geez, that sorta defeats the purpose doesn't it? rather than purchase another cartridge for nearly $50, you can get a WiFi usb for about $30, and there you go, there's no need for both anymore. you can trade over WiFi as long as your DS doesn't run out of power.

and umm, yes, DS games when first released are like $45 bucks max, but i can only imagine D/P will be about $50 considering the production class it is in. either way, just going into a Gamestop (at least around here), R/S/E are $25 used, which i find is rediculous because GBA is an older format. R/S/E was actually $39.99 when it was first released, and that's for the GBA. there haven't been much (or any for that matter) DS games that are so global and technical in its WiFi gameplay as D/P, and that'll surely affect the pricing of them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back