• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Games Have Wasted The Most Hours Of Your Life?

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
  • With the important exception of the Pokemon games (most have accumulated over 800 hours), I would probably say SIII. I replayed it, doing a good 80 hour run. I'm gonna do it again soon, but got some other games to play that I missed first.

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • resident evil 4

resident evil umbrella cronicals

loz alttp (a link 2 the past) (took me longer thn outbreak file 2)

resident evil outbreak file 2 (took me YEARS 2 beat)

and pokemon gold... still beatin teh elite 4

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
  • I have a lot to list so....

Metal Gear Solid 4 - I wasted so much time trying to get every single weapon and item in the game.
    Okami - Getting all the beads and equipment is SO ANNOYING! Its a real time killer!
    Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion - I mainly wasted 120+ hours trying to max all my skills and make my houses/guilds look awesome.
    Resident Evil 5 - Farming money to max out all my weapons seemed to take FOREVER!
    Fallout 3 - Too many things to do and still have to do.
    Left 4 Dead - Getting all the achievements was somewhat annoying, including Zombie Genocidist...
    Gears of War 2 - Beating the game on the hardest difficulty soloing was such a pain. Im still surprised I managed to beat it alone.
    Fable 2 - Getting the achievements are way too boring and I sadly wasted lots of my time trying to do that.
    Katamari Series - Its so addicting how can you NOT waste your time playing these games?
    Fatal Frame Series - Its so fun to play and I still waste my time killing ghosts and messing around.
    Final Fantasy Series - Mainly FFXII, I spent lots of time trying to collect every single item/esper/gambit/licence that I played it for more than 150 hours.
    Call of Duty World at War/modern warfare - Mainly multiplayer is what I waste my time on.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    ??? hours on Uprising (I'd guess 500+)
    300+ hours on Halo
    200+ hours on Call of Duty 4
    100+ hours on Medieval II Total War

And my KDR is still 1:1.

Last edited:

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Other than the obvious answer of Pokemon:

Kingdom Hearts (1, CoM, 2): Oh. My. God. No normal human being can ever get enough of Sora, Goofy and Donald, and of course a little Riku on the side. These series of games are easily my favorite, and I would spend hours doing whatever little post game content there was. I've replayed the first one and CoM a couple of times and would definitely do the same for KH2 if I still had my PS2. I imagine myself wasting countless more hours on 358/2 Days and Birth By Sleep when they're released.

Tales of: Tales of whatever, it doesn't matter. As long as it has those two magical words in the beginning, I have most likely clocked at least 50 hours in that game. I still remember the time at my sisters house where I literally stayed up for 48 hours straight just to beat Tales of Symphonia. I had quite a few hours clocked on Tales of the Abyss as well, and I haven't even beaten the game yet! (Tales of Vesperia was surprisingly quick, though)

Call of Duty: I'd like to meet the FPS player who doesn't spend hours playing this beauty. THEY COME FOR OUR BLOOD, BUT DROWN IN THEIR OWN!

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • In no particular order
    It doesn't help that I have to get every game completed on 100% before I call it complete, including the extras menu. (I blame Ar Tonelico)

Valkyrie Profile 2 - Silmeria
    Kingdom Hearts
    Kindom Hearts 2
    Kindom Hearts RE: CoM (PS2)
    Final Fantasy XII
    Final Fantasy X
    Final Fantasy X-2
    Ar Tonelico
    Ar Tonelico 2

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    Diablo II: Lord of Destruction by far. To a lesser extent, Baldur's Gate, Command & Conquer: Generals - Zero Hour, Neverwinter Nights, StarCraft: Brood War, The Sims, and Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    The most recorded time I have is somewhere around 400-500 hours on my Pokemon Pearl, but I remember playing Gold until the clock died and my GBC broke twice... Good times, dude. I haven't really gotten into PC/console games though...

Years
  • Morrowind that game is addictive but not as addictive as Oblivion, I love oblivion !!!
    Halo 1,2,3
    erm and Fallout.

They would pop to my mind straight away prob more like Dizzy and guitar hero(before it got boring lol)

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • One of them is probably Pokémon FireRed (or was it Pokémon Ruby? I can't quite remember). I had over 200 hours on it.

Another is maybe Pokémon Platinum or Digimon World Dusk. They're not so addicting, but they're time-consuming. xD

Vigilante

Ringleader of Hell
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2009
    None, I don't feel my life wasted for playing a game. So yeah :)

Otter

Reminiscing Every Now and Then
    Years
  • Repeats of Tales games take a while when you're trying to complete everything and grab all the sidequests while you're at it. I think Abyss was really the first one in the series that I was hooked on for months on end. Vesperia's been good for that too. ;P

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
  • Pokemon Diamond and Pokemon Emerald.

I have more than 220 hours on both.

Emerald Version was spent on the Battle Frontier and Pokemon Diamond was spent just breeding, training, and just messing around in the Underground.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
  • All the Pokemon RPG games of course, I've probably played over 2,000 hours easy on them all. It currently reads 110 hours on my Diamond version after about 5 restarts each about the same length. That's over 500 hours just on Diamond, 2,000 is definitely conservative. Other than Pokemon I would have to say Halo 3 if you include online play, the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series too. Then of course there is the LoZ series, a lot of time has been invested in that series.

I wouldn't call that wasting my life though. Sure I could have been doing more productive things but it's my free time and to me it wasn't a waste.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    -every pokemon game lol
    -every guitar hero game
    -every roller coaster tycoon games
    -every breath of fire games

I think thats it lol

:laugh:

Back