• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Group had the Chemistry?

Which Group Do you think had the best chemistry? (Or you just liked the best)

• Ash, Brock and Misty

Votes: 15 44.1%
  • Ash, Misty and Tracey

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Ash, Brock, May and Max

Votes: 9 26.5%
  • Ash, Brock and Dawn

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • Ash, Cilan and Iris

Votes: 6 17.6%

• Total voters

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Okay, don't worry, I'm not going to be giving everyone a Chemistry lesson.

It's time we got a little bit of some clean discussion around here...

I had been rewatching most of each series for a while now, as I was waiting for the new games to come out. And it got me thinking about the groups we've had travel around with Ash, the whole friendship thing, how well they got on together, in better words - the best chemistry?

We've got;
    Ash, Brock and Misty,
    Ash, Misty and Tracey,
    Ash, Brock, May and Max,
    Ash, Brock and Dawn
    and Ash, Cilan and Iris.

Which group do you think had the best chemistry? (I'll post later on my thoughts of each group)

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
    Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2014
    Ash, Brock and Misty.

Though I'm a fan of all the groups, the first one will always hold true to me.

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    Ash, Cilan and Iris. They are by far the best.

Ash, Brock, May and Max come second in my opinion. I loved the advanced generation. I hated Dawn, and her annoying piplup, and I found Misty just... a bit annoying.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I think Ash, Misty and Brock worked the best and not just because I'm a nostalgia freak. Ash and Misty spent a lot of time fighting and Brock was there to calm them down. They also had similar goals so they worked well together.

I think May and Dawn were too different. They both liked contests while Misty preferred battling. I think her tomboyish personality fits the group better.

Max was probably a bit young though I think he got on pretty well with everyone is his group. As a whole, they weren't anything special though. I like Tracey but I don't think he really had chemistry with anyone.

I haven't watched much of the Black and White anime but I think Iris and Ash have good chemistry. I have yet to watch an episode with Cilan but I imagine they'd be one of the better groups.

I probably overused a lot of words trying to explain that. Sorry if it doesn't make sense. x)

Years
    Ash. Misty, and Brock: The original trio definitely had some great chemistry. You could tell they were all great friends. There was lots of interaction between them, but a good portion of it was fighting. <_>

Ash, Misty, and Tracey: Probably the second worst group as far as chemistry goes. Tracey was almost totally ignored.

Ash, May, Brock, and Max: Not only was this my favorite set-up, but I think the had the best chemistry as well. They all seemed to just click, and they all felt like family. No one was completely ignored either, unlike Brock in DP. I particularly loved when the four of them would split up into two groups for an episode. The fact that the 'teams' were mixed up all the time backs up my point. In DP it was always Ash and Dawn going somewhere while Brock was totally shunned. Everyone interacted with each other and you could really feel their bond.

Ash, Dawn, and Brock: Personally, I find this trio to be the worst. Ash and Dawn eventually had a boring friendship, but friendship is friendship I guess. The real problem in this group was Brock. Brock wasn't the problem himself, he was just totally shunned by the writers and even his friends. Ash talked to Brock at times, but not nearly as much as he did in previous seasons. Dawn completely ignored him, it was like he was never there. The only time they would talk was during gym battles, probably to make things less awkward.

Ash, Iris, Cilan: The fact that Brock, Ash's best friend (Practically his brother.), is absent hurts this group's chemistry as of now. There's nobody Ash really knows in this group, yet. When BW started it was like Ash didn't even want to travel with Iris. He's going to need more time to adjust to green-hair and jungle girl before I can judge this fairly.

Last edited:

Johnny590

It's cute how you think I care
    Years
    In my opinion, the first trio had the best chemistry, followed by Ash, Brock, May & Max.

I LOVED the very first seasons of Pokemon where it was only Ash, Brock & Misty and always will, but the Hoenn region seasons are pretty close.

I agree with Kirbychu, Tracey was ignored in Orange Islands (Hell, he had more presence when he became Oak's assistant) and in Sinnoh Brock barely had any presence with Ash, and yet in the previous seasons we are shown how close they are but suddenly that's replaced by Dawn?

Bro's before ho's, Ash. -__-

Years
    I agree with Kirbychu, Tracey was ignored in Orange Islands (Hell, he had more presence when he became Oak's assistant) and in Sinnoh Brock barely had any presence with Ash, and yet in the previous seasons we are shown how close they are but suddenly that's replaced by Dawn?

Bro's before ho's, Ash. -__-
    Ash is only ten years-old right now. Someday he'll look back on his adventures in Sinnoh, and feel terrible for neglecting Brock in such a way. He will then proceed to lose his 23rd Pokemon League tournament.

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    For me Best Wishes trio is the best, ever since Brock left it was pure chemistry. Plus even Iris/Dento get along and talk on the side, which is some thing Dawn/Brock never really did.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
    Years
    Ash, Misty and Brock : I like all of the groups but the first group was awesome, I mean Brock Had Geodude and Onix which were part Ground Types, Ash had Pikachu and Misty Had Water Types... They Were in Type Triangle... Plus The Misty Pulling Brock Ear Thing Was Funny For Me

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    My personal favorite (and the one that has the most chemistry) would be Ash, Misty, and Brock. Their friendship between them is funny (especially between Brock and Misty). The Ash-Tracey-Misty friendship comes to a close second, probably because I liked Tracey a lot during the Orange Islands season.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Ash, Brock, May and Max is my favorite group! I think they had the most chemistry! I very close second would be Ash, Cilan, and Iris. Seriously, they're a great group. But I like them all, tbh.

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    Ash. Misty, and Brock: The original trio definitely had some great chemistry. You could tell they were all great friends. There was lots of interaction between them, but a good portion of it was fighting. <_>

Ash, Misty, and Tracey: Probably the second worst group as far as chemistry goes. Tracey was almost totally ignored.

Ash, May, Brock, and Max: Not only was this my favorite set-up, but I think the had the best chemistry as well. They all seemed to just click, and they all felt like family. No one was completely ignored either, unlike Brock in DP. I particularly loved when the four of them would split up into two groups for an episode. The fact that the 'teams' were mixed up all the time backs up my point. In DP it was always Ash and Dawn going somewhere while Brock was totally shunned. Everyone interacted with each other and you could really feel their bond.

Ash, Dawn, and Brock: Personally, I find this trio to be the worst. Ash and Dawn eventually had a boring friendship, but friendship is friendship I guess. The real problem in this group was Brock. Brock wasn't the problem himself, he was just totally shunned by the writers and even his friends. Ash talked to Brock at times, but not nearly as much as he did in previous seasons. Dawn completely ignored him, it was like he was never there. The only time they would talk was during gym battles, probably to make things less awkward.

Ash, Iris, Cilan: The fact that Brock, Ash's best friend (Practically his brother.), is absent hurts this group's chemistry as of now. There's nobody Ash really knows in this group, yet. When BW started it was like Ash didn't even want to travel with Iris. He's going to need more time to adjust to green-hair and jungle girl before I can judge this fairly.

I'm not really going to add anything because this was exactly what i was going to write.

Years
    • Seen Dec 3, 2011
    The first ones, Ash, Misty and Brock. They were the first one to bring life unto the show. And in my opinon they had the best chemistry among the choices.

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    Ash, Brock and Misty will always be the best group for me. Maybe because it had the biggest impact. I remember waiting in front of the television and occasionally look at our clock and open the tv when its pokemon time!

Livy

Ya skerrrd?
    Years
    I think Ash, Brock, & Misty had the best chemistry. They all had different personalities but their vibes just worked well together.

Ash, Brock, May, & Max were also a personal fave. They worked together and helped eachother out like a family.

Back