• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Gym Leader did you beat the easiest?

Alec_

Years
  • The title says it all. all you have to do is answer it! :D

Which GYM LEADER did you beat the EASIEST? uh? ^^:

For me it was Jasmine. Never used any poitions. :)) hhaha :D~ XD

P.S: HG/SS leaders rather than D/P/PT ones for this thread! :P

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Usually, the first two Gym Leaders of the region would be the easiest challenge compared to the rest. In this case, Falkner and Bugsy would fall into this category. Their levels were substantially low for the first to gyms and because of type advantage and higher leveled I did not have much of a battle to say something special.

As you move higher in leaders their levels became moderately balanced and their abilities give the battle a bit of flavor rather than something undermining, to say.

Alec_

Years
  • Well I have a hard time battling with Bugsy. And that's called an experience.

What I was trying to look for in this thread are the experiences that the members had when they're playing HG/SS. :)

kittykitten

I'm a glitch
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 11, 2011
    Whitney was the easiest for me,I had a fighting type move.

Blue Nocturne

Not THAT one.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 6, 2013
    The Bugsy was the easiest for me. Most of my pokemon at that stage (Cydaquill, Pidgey and Geodude to be precise) had type advantages over him/her, not to mention it's pokemon are quite weak.

Pryce was quite easy for the same reasons (albeit with different advantages).

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • ...I have no problems with this thread, but I'd advise to keep it on HG/SS leaders, not D/P/Pt, please (after all, it's the HG/SS section =P).

Bugsy I feel would be either easy or hard depending on the choice you make. If you went for the Fire-type starter it's easier (especially with easy levelling in Sprout Tower), but if you went with Chikorita? You'd have to rely on other Pokemon to take up the challenge. (And U-Turn can hit quite hard).

For me, it was actually Chuck, but that's less because his team 'wasn't challenging' and more I really lucked out (he missed twice, I crit hit once... yay for hax on my side for once XD). If it was more even luck-wise he would have been more challenging... Falkner was easy if one invests in a Mareep as well. XD

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    Uhhm..I havent played it yet..lol.(has a dream about it..)

Uhhm...Whitney?No,Uhh.Falkner.1st Gym is usually the easiest

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Whitney was by far the easiest maybe also Jasmine.

As far as Kanto goes Blaine was the easiest.

Years
  • To me Falkner was the easiest(Flaaffy, thundershock!) and in Kanto, I have to say Blaine as I had a Feraligatr and red Gyarados with me(also helped against Brock, but his thunder fang Rhyhorn...).

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    Yes I like how Kanto isn't all weaker than the E4 like in GSC but Janine and Blaine were let downs.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    Morty is the easiest, I didn't lose any HP with Pokemon, I just used an Arcanine evolved at lvl 1 with good egg moves, and I used just one move, "crunch"

MizuJosh

Graceful Water Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2010
    Clair. Haha. Ice Beamed her the whole way, and Kingdra wasn't a threat to mine. :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2021
    bugsy:quilava ember and finish
    lt surge:golem earthquake destroys
    his pokemons

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • Well, Unfortunatly I don't have either HG/SS yet...
    So In my Gold (GBC) beat Bugsy easiest thanks to my Quilava!
    Typlosion FTW!!

Years
  • Falkner was the easiest due to both Onyx and Mareep in Johto. Due to going through the game relatively low-leveled, everything else was pretty hard...although in Kanto, Blaine was the easiest due to having obtained enough EXP from the earlier 6 Kanto Gym leaders to be only...5-9 levels behind? And the Red Gyrados and the same Onyx from earlier basically swept.

Years
  • Definitely Clair. I super powered my way through using one Salamence with Dragon Rush. Falkner was pretty easy too, cause his Pokemon were really under leveled. In Kanto, Blaine was so easy I was laughing till I cried. Go Lapras!

Back