• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Which Gym Leader was the hardest to beat?

Which Gym Leader was the most difficult

• Falkner

Votes: 10 4.7%
  • Bugsy

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • Whitney

Votes: 123 58.3%
  • Morty

Votes: 12 5.7%
  • Chuck

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Jasmine

Votes: 15 7.1%
  • Pryce

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • Clair

Votes: 35 16.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    Surprisingly, Whitneys Rolltank is easy for me. It maybe for the fact that all of my Pokemon are females except my starter. I don't really mind the genders anyway.
    Hardest for me would be Chuck, almost all of my Pokemon were normal so I had no chance. I tried 6 times to defeat him. Next in-line would be Jasmine.

Years
    1 - Whitney, i think there's no need to explain why
    2 - Morty, the Dream Eater Gengar is extremely annoying, so there are often a couple of awakenings needed to beat him.
    3 - Clair, the Dragonairs can attack pretty much everything super-effective and that Kingdra is pretty bulky.
    4 - Jasmine, even with Fire or Water-types in the team, she can cause serious trouble
    5 - Chuck, Poliwrath can be quite annoying, but compared to Gengar it's pretty slow, and it always needs 2 turns to attack
    6 - Bugsy, if Scyther doesnt die fast, Fury Cutter can get really powerful.
    7 - Falkner, Mud Slap can be almost as annoying as Double Team
    8 - Pryce, he's just weak, lol

PKFL_531

What do you expect?
    Years
    Chuck and his gosh darn Poliwrath destroyed my two strongest pokemon; Poliwrath and Typhlosion! They were like living heck!

pokehearts

I like trains.
    Years
    Whitney's FRIGGEN Miltank on Soulsilver it took me FOREVER to beat her she kept using attract and spammed stomp. CURSE YOU WHITNEY THE GYM LEADER!!! but in second would be Pryce. His seel just spammed rest and snore but after seel it was a peice o cake. and clair would be in third her dragonair kept paralyzing my feraliatr so ya. :( say no to hard gym leaders. Whitney sucks!!!

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Falkner because all of my Pokemon were weak. :P Stupid pidgeys and their mud ... Onix's Bind kept missing. Oy.

I used Whitney's Pokemon to bring up my Togepi's happiness. Haunter put them to sleep, Togepi either Metronomed them out or sat around and twiddled its stubby little thumbs while they fainted from Haunter's Curse.

I missed the Fighting gym entirely and had to go back - the only Flying type I had on me was a low-level Shiny Noctowl so I cut it pretty close on that one.

I don't remember much about the others. I started with Cyndaquil so the Bug, Steel and Ice gyms weren't eventful. Morty was annoying until his stupid ghosts Cursed all their HP away and Quick Claw Quagsire finished it from there.

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    My problem in Silver was probably using only Pokemon I liked. I just could not bring myself to train up that Machop, though it would've been SO much easier than constantly hypnotizing and switching out with Haunter. :P

Misty was absolutely the most difficult for me in R/Y though, every time. Those Pokemon are a crazy power jump compared with Brock and subsequent trainers. I never started with Bulbasaur so I had to either use Pikachu (which in its extreme weakness invariably got KOed by Starmie no matter how high I leveled the little rat) or Gloom (whose big grass attack is ... Absorb -_- ) to have any type advantage. Eventually I just gave up and used Fearow or something.

Years
    Mine was Jasmine,i didn't have know how to beat her Steelix,i had a lvl 28 Pidgeotto,lvl 22 Quilava and a lvl 23 Tauros.After I got pwned like 3 times,i trainer my Quilava to 34,then i beat all 3 Pokemon of her with Flame Wheel.

Sapeiro

Random Trainer
    Years
    Jasmine and those Thunderbolting Magnemites of DOOM! Don't get me started on them >_>

God, I hated them... I still do, but know I'm pretty knowledgeable about the steel type, and that stuff xD

Darkfire_Danny

Houndoom Fanatic
    Years
    I actually have never had a problem with Whitney really, Mud-Slap cripples Miltank and so do status problems. Jasmine was probably the toughest due to Steelix taking forever to kill if you don't have a strong Fire/Water type most attacks bounce off it. If I find myself in that situation, I resort to trusty Mud-Slap again, 6 times, so Iron Tail has a tiny chance of hitting :P Then slowly kill it off :) .

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
    mine is clair that ****ing ***** showd her power but in the 6 time i beated her with my typlosion

this rolout isnt that hard guys....you just weak newbies

th freaky miltank i will kill her with a shotgun when i see it!
    (my brother restarted the game)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    In order:
    1) Whitney
    2) Jasmine
    3) Clair
    Thing is they are ALL female!! lol
    I like how they made the female Gym Leaders strong :D

My issue is...
    When I chose Chikorita,
    Falkner's Pidgeotto would rape my Chikorita with Gust and Bugsy's Scyther was slicing her with Fury Cutter D: But I had no problem with Whitney :D Morty's Gengar used Hypnosis and Dream Eater frequently therefore I always ready for some Awakening... A-ok with Chuck, Jasmine and Pryce, Clair's Kingdra was a Hyper Beam freak moreover those Dragonair just loved inflicting status!!!!! :S

When Cyndaquil's chosen, No prob. with Falkner and Bugsy... And Whitney that ruthless hag and her Miltank just loved to crash my every single Pokemon with that d**n Rollout, she didn't even showed mercy to my Togepi. :'( Morty's treatment to my Pokemon were just like I stated from the above--Hypnosis and Dream Eater... Chuck's Poliwrath really enjoyed his Lock-on, Dynamic Punch combo to my Pokemon and he drowned my Quilava with Surf :'( Fortunately things are easier at Pryce's Gym... and Clair, again with her crazy moves...

I have to say Totodile is the starter, Falkner was a goner :) I had no real problems from Bugsy, though he nearly won with Fury Cutter... Whitney's Milktank used Attract this time, just when I thought I'm gonna lose Croconaw manage to deliver the final blow :D Morty had a hard time on playing ppek-a-boo with my Croconaw's Dig!! :D Chuck, Jasmine and Pryce were not a problem... And finally Clair and her Pokemon were punched by my Feraligatr's Ice Punch. :)

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back