• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better, Fakemons or Original Pokemon?

Which is better?

• Original Pokemon

Votes: 80 70.8%
  • Fakemon

Votes: 33 29.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I like the real Pokemon, mainly because they are the official ones seen in the real game and anime. If the Fakemon is made well, then it's alright too.

Laidjon*

An eternal equilibrium~
    Years
  • I would go for the official Pokemon, just because they are official and are Pokemon-like, because they are (Ugh...)
    Most fakemon are too "unusual" to be called Pokemon-worthy. But like some others have said. It depends on the quality of the fakemon for me to accept it as a Pokemon.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
    Years
  • To me, the real Pokémon are way better than fakes. Sometimes though, I think Nintendo forgets to fill some empty spaces in the Pokémon world, like add a fly, or an eagle or other common animals/plants... In that case, Well-done Fakemon could be good space-fillers, or if they are good-lookin' fusions or I dunno... But they can never compete with Nintendo's.

MegaMaccer

If a tree falls in a forest
    Years
  • To me, the real Pokémon are way better than fakes. Sometimes though, I think Nintendo forgets to fill some empty spaces in the Pokémon world, like add a fly, or an eagle or other common animals/plants... In that case, Well-done Fakemon could be good space-fillers, or if they are good-lookin' fusions or I dunno... But they can never compete with Nintendo's.
    I beg to differ there. While most Fakemon are crappy looking, there are a few good games/hacks with them out there. Mostly games actually, but there are a couple of good upcoming hacks that have them in there. I believe that Fakemon can be as good, if not better, than a lot of Nintendo pokemon. The only main difference between Fakemon and Nintendo pokemon is that Nintendo charges ^^

deathrider24

¡unɟ sı uʍop ǝpısdn
    Years
  • Original pokemon is better because usually all hacks that have fakemon are usually just the same pokemon with the same type, stats, etc. but just with a new look. Which is pretty easy to spot out.

sky_queen3

Mimikyu is cute :3
    Years
  • I'd say it depends. Personally if I was making a hack I'd have the originals up to Hoenn 'casue I can't hack D/P/Pt/HG/SS and learn to fill the empty 25 spots with fakes. (Minusle, baby Kangaskhan and so on...)

Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2013
    I personally like fakemon.
    The originals are nice, but a lot of fakemon just go to show how many good ideas that nintendo hasn't used.
    Plus when I make ROM hacks, I tend to look at other peoples fanmade pokemon, and put them in my own hacks, and show the people,
    so they can see their fanmade pokemon actually in a pokemon game

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    I'd rather see new Pokémon in a game/hack. 99% of all games use official Pokémon, and around 80% don't use anything else (just guessing). Although the official Pokémon are usually better than fake Pokémon, they make the game less interesting, since everyone else is using them. If you make new Pokémon for your hack or game, then it shows the player that you're capable of being original, and makes the game much more interesting. Since there aren't that many public fake Pokédexes, most games/hacks with fake Pokémon are unique; you're not going to find Torzach's, RD's, Acanthite's, or Amethyst's Pokémon in any other game.

It's a similar situation to using R/S/E/FR/LG tiles rather than custom tiles; Nintendo's tiles often look better, yet most people prefer to use custom tiles instead. Custom tiles attract people to your game; custom Pokémon should do the same.

Years
  • Fakemon's should be only added in game/hack's if they are original and good.
    I'm not a fan of quarts fakemon, they look rushed, like they just sprited all the new fakemon in a few hours.
    It wasn't even in a pokemon related style, so personally, I rather have the original pokemon if the fakemon are gonna suck anyway.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2009
    Even if the fakemon are crappy, I love them. I don't want to use that mudkip again, I want to experience the thrill of what it is to not know what ur fake is going to evolve to.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2023
    Eh, I'm not creative enough to come up with 150 ORIGINAL Pokemon. I have two fakemon already, but to be honest, one is purely a joke. (and would probably be considered a bad fakemon. Ha ha)

Back