• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better, Halo 3 or Gears of War?

Which is better, Halo 3 or Gears of War?

• Gears of War

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Halo 3

Votes: 8 53.3%
  • They're both great

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't play either

• I haven't played either of them

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • What's Halo 3 / Gears of War ?

• I don't own an X-Box 360 o_O

• Total voters
    Years
    Exactly what the title says.

Personally, I think they're equal.
    Halo 3 has fantastic multiplayer whilst gears of war has kick-ass single player.

what do you think?

EDIT: and if this belongs somewhere else feel free to move it

supersmashbro93

Game Lover
    Years
    i've gotta go with gears of war the chainsaw gun is the best but halo is pretty fun too overall i'd have to say gears of war is a little better

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Wow u people are dumb gears of war is way better than halo 3. Just you watch for gears of war 2!!!!!!!!!

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Wow u people are dumb gears of war is way better than halo 3. Just you watch for gears of war 2!!!!!!!!!

Please do not call other members dumb for their opinions on games. Not everyone shares the same likes as you, but that gives you no right or reason to insult them~

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    Seeing as I've never play GoW I have to say Halo 3. I'll be getting GoW in a day or so though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    Eh, I'm more of a Call of Duty man myself, but I'd go with Halo 3.

I personally love the array of weapons you can choose from (Plasma Grenade = <3), and the online is amazing. So many different game types to choose from, and Grifball! Who doesn't love RvB? Also, Forge is probably one of the best things to come with an FPS. The ability to add, delete, and move objects on any map is sweet, plus you can save and share your map with others. I think Halo 3 just has more to it than Gears.

Crimson Majestic

Crown Royale
    Years
    It belongs in Other Games, since it's video game related. So I did. :D

Just to let you know.

Please do not call other members dumb for their opinions on games. Not everyone shares the same likes as you, but that gives you no right or reason to insult them~

So, which do you think is better: Halo 3 or Gears of War?

Well said, my friend : ]

As for myself, since I am more of a fan of third-person shooters as opposed to first-person angles, I will have to go with Gears of War. I am a fan of a chainsaw gun.

Years
    As for myself, since I am more of a fan of third-person shooters as opposed to first-person angles, I will have to go with Gears of War. I am a fan of a chainsaw gun.

Yeh, but Gears of War doesn't have the replay feature does it?
    I mean, you can make way better third person videos in Halo 3 than in Gears of War, regardless of whether it supports it or not.
    But then again, as you said, Halo 3 doesn't have the option to play in 3rd person. That's the disadvantage it has.

But then again, it depends on your opinion on which TYPE of shooter is better, and that would most likely determine your views on the two games.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    For the people who don't understand the thread, GoW 2 isnt one of the options. Heck, it's not even out yet, how can you prefer a game that has never even be played?

Either way, Halo gets my vote. The main reason I buy games is for online play and halo is possibly the best multiplayer game ever. Gears is next to impossible to play online, with no ranking system and being out for over a year you always end up with a group of elitists who shout at noobs, it generally doesnt make for fun play. Gears has excellent single player mode, but it was too short- I completed it on hard in a day of solid playing.

In my personal opinion, Gears is a far better game in its PC version, due to extended campaign and online you don't have to put up with people screaming down your mic as you get to know the ropes. On the 360, halo completely outclasses it.

Back