• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Is better Offense or Defense ?

Which one is better Offense or Defense?

• Total voters
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oh wow, so many votes for offense and none for defense.

I too vote for offense though. I write more than I play the actual games, but both in games, in anime, manga and in RPing, I prefer pokémon with a good offense. Sometimes defense is crucial and can win a battle, of course, but offense is much more fun. Especially when it comes to writing :x With too good defense, someone might think you are powerplaying haha.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Though it sure is annoying when very bulky, slow pokémon withstand your attacks, prepare with stat raising or condition changing moves and then heal and sweep xD I think I'll do a playthrough and try to stick with more defensive pokémon soon, for a change.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Even though I usually prefer Defense to offense (in other games, that is), I have to say Pokémon is one of those games that's heavily biased towards attack. One of the reasons being the limitation of four moves, then comes a beating more than 1000 Pokémon during your gameplay. Since every battle is like a passing stone, it's almost useless to propel the barriers first, than going all out. In competitive battling, defense can prove to be equal of attack, but then, there's more margins in competitive play. I know how walls and stallers can prove to be the changers of a battle.

But in the real gameplay, every story isn't a waiting game. You won't really focus on the battle, but the overall view. That's why I have to say there's almost no regard of defense in gameplay.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
    I wish I could say "the best offense is a good defense" but sadly not in this case. I like going for offense too, and have once created a hyper-offensive Pokemon team. You need at least some form of offense to win any sort of team game, whether it's football or basketball or anything like that.

Back