• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is better PS2, GC, or Xbox

Which console is best

• Gamecube

Votes: 26 47.3%
  • Xbox

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • PS2

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stevo-kun

Push to the limit, Give more!
    Years
    Brittany said:
    That's true, but Sony still has more 3rd party support than Nintendo.

Whether it's good or bad is up to you though. Some say that although Nintendo only has a few games, they are a few quality games. Although I disagree, I still see the point they make.

Well thats true and I am not going to argue. What is the point in starting a sensless arguement huh XP.

I don't like PS2 much but I do like FF abit because I love RPG's. Plus it is true that the Gamecube's games are really good. But being as I am a Nintendo fanboy I only have Ninteando cosoles. But I am not going to go any further XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

Years
    Pokemon Master #1 said:
    The Gamecube is the best of them all.Though some of there exclusives get re-made on a different system (Yeah you all know what i'm talking about Viewtiful Joe,Tales Of Symphonia,Resident Evil 4 all being put on to the PS2).What's up with that I mean Resident Evil 4 hasn't even came out yet and it was supposed to be a Gamecube exclusive.But Gamecube is never going to die!
    add there super monkey ball to it-__-;i go for the gamecube it is the best:D

O

Your Mom
    Years
    ~AshPokemaster~ said:
    Anyway Americans prefers Xbox European PS2 and Asians GameCube

All the asians I know prefer XBOX and PS2 over Gamecube. THey dont' even know Gamecube exists! I'm one of those people with a Gamecube. Its cheap, a lot more GC Exclusive games, and it's 4 Player.

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
    Gamecube has the lest amout of games , Xbox has the best graphics , but in the long run da PS2 is da best it has da graphics a larg amount of games and a controler that has buttons that r needed

Stevo-kun

Years
    Pokemon Master #1 said:
    The Gamecube is the best of them all.Though some of there exclusives get re-made on a different system (Yeah you all know what i'm talking about Viewtiful Joe,Tales Of Symphonia,Resident Evil 4 all being put on to the PS2).What's up with that I mean Resident Evil 4 hasn't even came out yet and it was supposed to be a Gamecube exclusive.But Gamecube is never going to die!

I don't believe what you sayihng about RE4 because It is an Exclusive for Nintendo. Plus this is the last RE game they are gonna be making for the Cube then they are returning to sony, I know that. So they probably would end up bringing it out at that time XD.

Pokemon_Veteran

SS4Gotenks

I Love Sasha!
    Years
    Oh please Viewtiful Joe is one helluva boring game. It's like Devil May Cry move attaing and same beating up bad guys all over again.

Plus It depends on what people like to play I have all three systems hehehe!! Im rich!!

PS2 is good for RPG stuff and Dance Dance Revolution!!

XBOX is good for 1st person shooters like Halo and Fighting games like Dead Or Alive types.

Gamecube is good for multiplayer party games with your friends if you have any. Super Mario Party 6 is wat I play at sleep overs and stuff. Im almost 18 and I have sleep overs and playdates hehehe.

It's just that Gamecube sux more than the other 2 bc It cant play DVD's!!
    and It cant play music CD's! RE4 is pretty good tho. I was just surprised that Nintendo got off of its cartridges tho when gc first came out.

Stevo-kun

Years
    SS4Gotenks said:
    Oh please Viewtiful Joe is one helluva boring game. It's like Devil May Cry move attaing and same beating up bad guys all over again.

Plus It depends on what people like to play I have all three systems hehehe!! Im rich!!

PS2 is good for RPG stuff and Dance Dance Revolution!!

XBOX is good for 1st person shooters like Halo and Fighting games like Dead Or Alive types.

Gamecube is good for multiplayer party games with your friends if you have any. Super Mario Party 6 is wat I play at sleep overs and stuff. Im almost 18 and I have sleep overs and playdates hehehe.

It's just that Gamecube sux more than the other 2 bc It cant play DVD's!!
    and It cant play music CD's! RE4 is pretty good tho. I was just surprised that Nintendo got off of its cartridges tho when gc first came out.

Well the reason the GCN can't play DVDs and CDs is because it uses a mini-disc system XD. Plus it is the first thing I have seen that uses mini-discs. But I think that all discs will be like that in a few years

Pokemon_Veteran

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Also, saying the system sucks would be considered system bashing, so please refrain from doing that in the future.

I myself am torn between the PS2 and the GC, though I show little interest in teh X-box. I enjoy both my PS2 and my GC very equally, and so it's hard for me to choose between the two.

Knuckles

5th Place In Graphix
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 16, 2009
    Please don't flame me here.

I was reading the whole thread,and I was thinking which was best. I would have to say the GameCube.

1. It has the best layout of bottons.

2. The reason the games for GameCube are lacking is because the size of the disc. It's mini. Meaning it smaller and it takes lower memory. I think they should offer two discs instead of one. (ASk me if you want to know what I mean)

3. Nintendo is always making new designs now,and they really showed the Cube in GameCube.

4. Connecting and being able to use your GameBoy for thing is really great.

5. Fair Graphics. Even with the carts,the graphics were always fantasic. The cds are doing good too,better than I ever thought it would be.

6. We got trust. Nintendo has always want we wanted. And that was the games. Not DVD player,or CD player. Always games!

That's what I think about the GameCube. ^^;

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I understand that too. That is why I'm torn between PS2 and Gamecube. I love the PS2 RPGs,but I also love the GC's Classic characters and titles.

Stevo-kun

Years
    Knuckles said:
    Please don't flame me here.

I was reading the whole thread,and I was thinking which was best. I would have to say the GameCube.

1. It has the best layout of bottons.

2. The reason the games for GameCube are lacking is because the size of the disc. It's mini. Meaning it smaller and it takes lower memory. I think they should offer two discs instead of one. (ASk me if you want to know what I mean)

3. Nintendo is always making new designs now,and they really showed the Cube in GameCube.

4. Connecting and being able to use your GameBoy for thing is really great.

5. Fair Graphics. Even with the carts,the graphics were always fantasic. The cds are doing good too,better than I ever thought it would be.

6. We got trust. Nintendo has always want we wanted. And that was the games. Not DVD player,or CD player. Always games!

That's what I think about the GameCube. ^^;

Yeah like Pogi said XD. Well spoken *claps* and it is true, I don't really like the whole DVD playing feature on game systems that is why I only have a GCN. Plus the connectebility is great and you shouldn't really be bashing the consoles Gotenks, it is against the rules as everyone knows. PLus the sole purpose of games consoles is games like you knwo and that is why Knuckles makes a good point. Plus I don't think that the discs have that much less space on them but ohwell XD

Pokemon_Veteran

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    IMO all the consoles are the same thing, with a few changes and underutilized features. No one has done the GBA link right (Pok?mon Collosseum is shallow compared to stadium) so the GCN = Xbox = PS2. The only difference is the games available on them. At least to the average consumer, who isn't concerned with modding and such. That said, the PS2 and the Xbox do have a lot of big titles, but Nintendo seems to have a backing too.

Frost

Bomberman + Sub-Zero
    Years
    PS2 is THE BEST GAME SYSTEM Period
    easiest to handle (because same controllers as PSX)
    best graphics
    Best known
    Dependable
    Just all-around awesome

Stevo-kun

Years
    Latios619 said:
    PS2 is THE BEST GAME SYSTEM Period
    easiest to handle (because same controllers as PSX)
    best graphics
    Best known
    Dependable
    Just all-around awesome

Well that is you oppinion but I think GCN has the best graphics. But afterall I am a Nintendo fanboy XD. Plus I respect what you think of your fave console ^^

aqua-gaurd said:
    Ps2 ROCKS MY SOCKS!!!! DUDE YOU ARE SOO DUMB TO THINK xbox rules after a few years it breaks down!

Whoever it is you are bashing aqua, it is against the rules so DON'T DO IT period. Because everyone has they're own oppinion just like you and me so there was no need for that at all.

Pokemon_Veteran

Back