• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favorite Eevee Evolution?

Which is your favorite Eevee Evolution?

• Eevee

Votes: 15 13.9%
  • Flareon

Votes: 22 20.4%
  • Jolteon

Votes: 17 15.7%
  • Vaporeon

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Espeon

Votes: 36 33.3%
  • Umbreon

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • All (Cant Decide.)

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • None

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Years
  • Rawrr!! Espeon!! That silky fur... that two-tipped tail... that red gem on her forehead an' her mysterious, dark-blue eyes... she's SOOOO desirable... I wanna--*bricked* Ow! ...hey, who keeps doin' that? Oo;

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • Hah, I think I'll finally say what I think of each of the eeveelutions (or however you spell that dreadful word =/)...in general, I think they're one of those awful marketing tools of the game that tend to snare the mushy-minded tweens and lovers of clich?s and bandwagoners among us. Just another by-product of the older fans passing a dying torch to a generation that doesn't even know what fire is or how to tend to it. The heart and memory are lost and the kiddies gravitate like magpies to anything that shines, no matter how insignificant in reality it is. So it is with Eevee in all its forms.

Eevee: The raw material. Innocent. Inexperienced. Fluffy and vulpine, loyal, usually associated with fields of flowers and butterflies and sunshine. For the overly cheerful and idealistic amongst us. For the kind of people who are obsessed with puppies, things that squeak and coo, or young creatures in general, and therefore only generally over-loved with no specific reason. Eevee isn't, in a way, specific itself, after all.

Flareon: Tufty with sad puppy-dog eyes, reserved tendencies, looks like a Eukanuba dog dipped in kool-aid. For the sugary pyros among us. I've not much against this one, as it tends to be the least-liked, but it still illicits a fawning reaction from even the most casual Eevee fan.

Jolteon: The bad boy. Very harsh and angular, spiked, raspy, commanding voice, tends to be belligerent; people love him because he's the rebel. A golden retriever who can electrocute things...nothing is more all-American and so threatening at the same time. A contradiction in and of itself, and as the tween Eevee-lovers are mired in the clich? chaos-is-order mindset at that age, an equally-clich? pokemon is perfect for them.

Vaporeon: Graceful, seen in the eyes of junior-high girls much like they see horses--maternal, protective, free-spirited. The pick of those who never get over the animal infatuation, the pick of those who had Lisa Frank folders in grade school. For any of you who get that it should be self-explanatory. Vaporeon fans tend to be very rabid about their choice...it must be something inherent in the design, only those who know can understand. They want to have Vaporeon's children. They want to BE Vaporeon. Something about the fluidity, something about the serenity, I suppose. Maybe the frill ? la Sir Walter Raleigh. Beyond that, it remains a mystery.

Espeon: Magenta, slight of frame with arrogant eyes. Still viewed as cuddly for some reason though. Loved more than the others because many fans were introduced to pokemon through GS. They didn't have the motor skills to play a Game Boy when Red and Blue were new. A favorite of those who find anything cute, consider its detached air elegant, or mistake elegance for cuteness. Not that it is any of the above, but if any of the fans are capable of nostalgia, it's loved for being their first eeveelution. It is also psychic, which is always a plus in the eyes of eevee fans—the ability to make nondescript flashing lights and purple waves with the mind gives them the same type of stimulation a kitten feels when colored foil streamers are dangled in front of it. It aslo shraers teh saim tipe az mu2 lolz. It's not profoundly mystic or mysterious, but it's pretended to be, and that's why Espeon is loved.

Umbreon: The bane of my existence, personally. Many eevee fans, sometime in their short little lives, learn about the words shadow, darkness, and moonlight, but they can't get it through their skulls what the word clich? means, especially in connection with Umbreon. Tweens and eevee fans who like Umbreon the most love the sugargoth feeling that they get when they think about it. He's dark, mysterious, supposedly, therefore he's evillolz. Not evil, evillolz. They're the kind of kids who feel that even thinking about the color black makes you a dark, profound person, and therefore, based on this wrong supposition, incredibly trendy. They're the kind that write teen angst poetry for five hours after school each day. Umbreon is the emo pokemon. He's the manifestation of the "despair" of eevee fans. He represents an emotion that's been marketed to kids who shouldn't even pretend to feel it yet, but are brought up on the aforementioned clich? terms, and they think they're the creative type for liking it...as if these words encompass some unexplored area of drama and poetry and the human psyche. They couldn't be more wrong.

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years
  • Chairman Kaga said:
    Hah, I think I'll finally say what I think of each of the eeveelutions (or however you spell that dreadful word =/)...in general, I think they're one of those awful marketing tools of the game that tend to snare the mushy-minded tweens and lovers of clich?s and bandwagoners among us. Just another by-product of the older fans passing a dying torch to a generation that doesn't even know what fire is or how to tend to it. The heart and memory are lost and the kiddies gravitate like magpies to anything that shines, no matter how insignificant in reality it is. So it is with Eevee in all its forms.

Eevee: The raw material. Innocent. Inexperienced. Fluffy and vulpine, loyal, usually associated with fields of flowers and butterflies and sunshine. For the overly cheerful and idealistic amongst us. For the kind of people who are obsessed with puppies, things that squeak and coo, or young creatures in general, and therefore only generally over-loved with no specific reason. Eevee isn?t, in a way, specific itself, after all.

Flareon: Tufty with sad puppy-dog eyes, reserved tendencies, looks like a Eukanuba dog dipped in kool-aid. For the sugary pyros among us. I've not much against this one, as it tends to be the least-liked, but it still illicits a fawning reaction from even the most casual Eevee fan.

Jolteon: The bad boy. Very harsh and angular, spiked, raspy, commanding voice, tends to be belligerent; people love him because he's the rebel. A golden retriever who can electrocute things...nothing is more all-American and so threatening at the same time. A contradiction in and of itself, and as the tween Eevee-lovers are mired in the clich? chaos-is-order mindset at that age, an equally-clich? pokemon is perfect for them.

Vaporeon: Graceful, seen in the eyes of junior-high girls much like they see horses--maternal, protective, free-spirited. The pick of those who never get over the animal infatuation, the pick of those who had Lisa Frank folders in grade school. For any of you who get that it should be self-explanatory. Vaporeon fans tend to be very rabid about their choice...it must be something inherent in the design, only those who know can understand. They want to have Vaporeon's children. They want to BE Vaporeon. Something about the fluidity, something about the serenity, I suppose. Maybe the frill ? la Sir Walter Raleigh. Beyond that, it remains a mystery.

Espeon: Magenta, slight of frame with arrogant eyes. Still viewed as cuddly for some reason though. Loved more than the others because many fans were introduced to pokemon through GS. They didn?t have the motor skills to play a Game Boy when Red and Blue were new. A favorite of those who find anything cute, consider its detached air elegant, or mistake elegance for cuteness. Not that it is any of the above, but if any of the fans are capable of nostalgia, it?s loved for being their first eeveelution. It is also psychic, which is always a plus in the eyes of eevee fans?the ability to make nondescript flashing lights and purple waves with the mind gives them the same type of stimulation a kitten feels when colored foil streamers are dangled in front of it. It aslo shraers teh saim tipe az mu2 lolz. It?s not profoundly mystic or mysterious, but it?s pretended to be, and that?s why Espeon is loved.

Umbreon: The bane of my existence, personally. Many eevee fans, sometime in their short little lives, learn about the words shadow, darkness, and moonlight, but they can?t get it through their skulls what the word clich? means, especially in connection with Umbreon. Tweens and eevee fans who like Umbreon the most love the sugargoth feeling that they get when they think about it. He?s dark, mysterious, supposedly, therefore he?s evillolz. Not evil, evillolz. They?re the kind of kids who feel that even thinking about the color black makes you a dark, profound person, and therefore, based on this wrong supposition, incredibly trendy. They?re the kind that write teen angst poetry for five hours after school each day. Umbreon is the emo pokemon. He?s the manifestation of the ?despair? of eevee fans. He represents an emotion that?s been marketed to kids who shouldn?t even pretend to feel it yet, but are brought up on the aforementioned clich? terms, and they think they?re the creative type for liking it...as if these words encompass some unexplored area of drama and poetry and the human psyche. They couldn?t be more wrong.

Well...I really have to disagree. The Eeveelutions are and have always been among my favorite pok?mon, and not for any 'clich?' reasons.

I don't completely disagree with your descriptions; Eevee is very cute, yes. The kind of people who love cute little furry animals will probably like it. What's wrong with that?

Flareon. OK. It's beautiful, doglike. Yes.
    Vaporeon...now that was interesting! I happen to be a Lisa Frank fan to this day, and I'm 18. And yes, I do think Vaporeon is beautiful. Graceful, free-spirited--all those good things you mentioned.
    Jolteon, my personal favorite. Golden retriever-ish? :D Interesting comparison. "Bad boy"? Well, maybe. But there's nothing clich? about it. No more than any other pok?mon. Your descriptions sounded to me like you were praising them, 'til you got to the parts about not liking them. :surprised
    I'm honestly not a big Espeon fan, but there is something elegant about it, and psychic abilities are very, well, cool. So I'm not surprised that it's well-liked. But again, I see nothing wrong with it.

And Umbreon! Oh, my gosh. First of all...I'm sorry, but I really dislike the overuse of words like emo and goth and all those. Just because somebody writes angsty stuff or poetry they're emo...just because they wear black they're goth...? What exactly do those mean anyway? I'm neither, yet I love Umbreon. Again, I pretty much just find it beautiful. It's supposed to be dark, mysterious, etc...yes. But, so? What is wrong with that? It does it in a completely different way...that is, I can't think of anything else that looks like it, or any Eevee evolution.

I probably didn't explain myself as well as I could've, but I just wanted to let my feeling be known since I adore the Eeveelutions but didn't tell why in my other post. I completely respect your opinions, I was only disagreeing by stating my own..which are totally different.;)

Last edited:

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • coachwhipneoship said:
    Well...I really have to disagree. The Eeveelutions are and have always been among my favorite pok?mon, and not for any 'clich?' reasons.

I don't completely disagree with your descriptions; Eevee is very cute, yes. The kind of people who love cute little furry animals will probably like it. What's wrong with that?

Flareon. OK. It's beautiful, doglike. Yes.
    Vaporeon...now that was interesting! I happen to be a Lisa Frank fan to this day, and I'm 18. And yes, I do think Vaporeon is beautiful. Graceful, free-spirited--all those good things you mentioned.
    Jolteon, my personal favorite. Golden retriever-ish? :D Interesting comparison. "Bad boy"? Well, maybe. But there's nothing clich? about it. No more than any other pok?mon. Your descriptions sounded to me like you were praising them, 'til you got to the parts about not liking them. :surprised
    I'm honestly not a big Espeon fan, but there is something elegant about it, and psychic abilities are very, well, cool. So I'm not surprised that it's well-liked. But again, I see nothing wrong with it.

And Umbreon! Oh, my gosh. First of all...I'm sorry, but I really dislike the overuse of words like emo and goth and all those. Just because somebody writes angsty stuff or poetry they're emo...just because they wear black they're goth...? What exactly do those mean anyway? I'm neither, yet I love Umbreon. Again, I pretty much just find it beautiful. It's supposed to be dark, mysterious, etc...yes. But, so? What is wrong with that? It does it in a completely different way...that is, I can't think of anything else that looks like it, or any Eevee evolution.

I probably didn't explain myself as well as I could've, but I just wanted to let my feeling be known since I adore the Eeveelutions but didn't tell why in my other post. I completely respect your opinions, I was only disagreeing by stating my own..which are totally different.;)

I think I neglected to mention that there are mature Eevee fans; I do not entirely dislike them, in fact I used to love them, and I apologize if I've offended you. Just getting my say out about what the majority of Eevee fans percieve.

Yes, most of it was mixed praise and criticism...you can tell which ones I really don't like and which ones I'm more neutral toward...my wording doesn't match how I was trying to analyze the psyche of the young Eeveelution fan...it wasn't supposed to be more scathing...just more critical. It kind of came off being tepid.

The emo/goth reference in my Umbreon paragraph applied to younger people only...the kind who are still experimenting with their own personality and turn to stereotypes to identify with...Umbreon fits in perfectly with the adolescent infatuation with darkness and clich?s relating to darkness. For older pok?fans Umbreon holds a deeper and more significant meaning. Again since you're mature you don't apply =D

I actually have no idea what I was trying to say in that overlong dissertion @_@ I'm glad somebody found the holes in what I said, though, I really needed to be more specific about who I'm aiming at.

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years
  • Chairman Kaga said:
    I think I neglected to mention that there are mature Eevee fans; I do not entirely dislike them, in fact I used to love them, and I apologize if I've offended you. Just getting my say out about what the majority of Eevee fans percieve.

Yes, most of it was mixed praise and criticism...you can tell which ones I really don't like and which ones I'm more neutral toward...my wording doesn't match how I was trying to analyze the psyche of the young Eeveelution fan...it wasn't supposed to be more scathing...just more critical. It kind of came off being tepid.

The emo/goth reference in my Umbreon paragraph applied to younger people only...the kind who are still experimenting with their own personality and turn to stereotypes to identify with...Umbreon fits in perfectly with the adolescent infatuation with darkness and clich?s relating to darkness. For older pok?fans Umbreon holds a deeper and more significant meaning. Again since you're mature you don't apply =D

I actually have no idea what I was trying to say in that overlong dissertion @_@ I'm glad somebody found the holes in what I said, though, I really needed to be more specific about who I'm aiming at.

:D It's all right! I wasn't offended......I didn't want to offend you, either.

I do understand what you were saying, though, and I'm sure that there are many immature people who DO like the Eevees only for the reasons you stated.
    No harm done.;)

shadow keeper

Need help. How hack?Really
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2005
    Chairman Kaga said:
    Vaporeon: Graceful, seen in the eyes of junior-high girls much like they see horses--maternal, protective, free-spirited. The pick of those who never get over the animal infatuation, the pick of those who had Lisa Frank folders in grade school. For any of you who get that it should be self-explanatory. Vaporeon fans tend to be very rabid about their choice...it must be something inherent in the design, only those who know can understand. They want to have Vaporeon's children. They want to BE Vaporeon. Something about the fluidity, something about the serenity, I suppose. Maybe the frill ? la Sir Walter Raleigh. Beyond that, it remains a mystery
    Okay. I'm a guy and i like vaporeon because of the element and it's fatueres of a cat and a fish and a dog.

Ibuberu

prepare yourself pls
    Years
  • Eevee-
    Aw..its looks cute just the way it is!^^

Vaporeon-
    I don't know,sorta like this one cause of those webby ears.XD
    Plus,it looks great!^^

Nedrag Terces12

Lord of Latias
    Years
  • i like umbreon, just cause it's dark type and dark type is cool. (hehe, too bad there ain't a dragon type eevee)

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • I would vote for "None", but Flareon is pretty intersting, specially with it's stupid moveset. So I voted for it, although I don't like Eevee and it's Evolutions.

Back