• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which of the four regions starter do you perfer?

Which of the region's starter to do like better?

• Kanto

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • Johto

Votes: 36 45.0%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • I don't really know

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • It has to be Kanto without a doubt. Seeing as i liked all 3 starters and seeing as Charizard is my favourite Pokemon. Closely followed by Johto where i liked all 3 starters, then sinnoh where i liked 2 starters (Chimchar and Turtwig) and leaving Hoenn far behind due to only liking Sceptile.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
    Years
  • Kanto. The original three were the best, without a doubt. They have that quality to them that just makes them stand out amongst the other starters.

kazuya.

Ev'rybody Alright!
    Years
  • I'm voting for Johto. I love Typhlosion and Meganium (well its cuteness got me even though I'm a guy). I used to think Feraligatr ugly but now I'm starting to think it looks cool..

For Kanto, what holds me back is Venusaur. Charizard and Blastoise are cool IMO.

I have not much opinion on Hoenn since I never play RSE. I don't really like their final evolved forms anyway. (But Grovyle is just made of pure <3)

As for Sinnoh, I don't really care about which starter to choose, as I'll just choose Chimchar so to let my rival pick Piplup to correspond to the anime. I'll end up using Pokesav and trading to add some other favourite Pokemon to start the game. Sad I know. I just did not really like their final evolved forms, but their first evolutions do look great personally.

So to conclude:
    Johto > Kanto > Sinnoh = Hoenn (I'm about to rank Hoenn last but Grovyle comes to the rescue)

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    Charmander, Cyndaquil, Mudkipz, Turtwig, In that order.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    well, im not really sure i like all the fire starters!
    my fav: Charizard, Typhlosion, Blaziken and Infernape.
    i can't wait to see the next fire starter in a new region if there is one lolz.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Kanto is the only region where I actually have a hard time deciding which Pokemon to choose because I like them all. Johto is a close second.

The rest are simple choices for me since of 3rd Gen I only like Torchic and 4th gen, Piplup. :/

SonicThrust

Ice Cream <3
    Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2013
    I like the Kanto starters the best. It's the only gen I actually like all three of them in.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • hoenn because all 3 of their startes are powerhouses, and johto because its the only region where its starters are pure grass fire and water

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • Johto, with Kanto running a vvvvvvvvvvvvvery close second.

Of these two, I would say that Chickorita is my very favorite, and I also like Bulbasour.

Sinnoh probably would be my least favorite, but that's not what you asked, so it doesn't even matter.

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    The Kanto region has one good starter, Charmander.
    The Johto region has two good starters, Cyndaquil and Totodile.
    The Hoenn region has one good starter, Mudkip.
    The Sinnoh region has two good starters, Piplup and Turtwig.

That's what I think.

Back