• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Which of the Hoenn Battle Frontier Brains did you find the hardest

Years
  • It took me 15 years to finally conquer the Hoenn Battle Frontier and win all the Silver & Gold Symbols I did it during the first UK Lockdown in 2020 the day after I got all the Gold Prints in the Johto & Sinnoh Battle Frontier in HeartGold, SoulSilver & Platinum.

When I finally defeated Pyramid King Brandon and got the Gold Symbol I cried the emotion was unreal I couldn't believe that I finally conquered the Hoenn Battle Frontier at the age of 30 its one of my greatest achievements in the Pokemon games I didn't have a prepared team but Blissey (who was captured as a Chansey in XD: Gale of Darkness) was the Pokemon that did it for me.

Battle Pyramid & Battle Tower are by far the hardest facilities to win the easiest is the Battle Pike.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    That's genuinely impressive! Gen III battle facilities are probably the toughest challenge they've given us. I think I maybe got a print from Battle Dome once? Recall facing the Arena Tycoon a few times in 2017 but don't think I ever beat her. Did you not find Battle Palace incredibly frustrating?

My own lockdown achievement was far less impressive - catching every Pokémon I could in Gen IV (not a complete Nat Dex as I didn't have Pearl). This was in HeartGold, I also completely beat Pokéthlon (with just Entei, Raikou, and Suicune), got a bunch of Gold Prints in Battle Tower (which is definitely a lot easier in that generation) and completed the Pokéwalker before the end of Eat Out To Help Out too!

Years
  • I found the Battle Palace quiet easy didn't give me any problems but Anabelle in the Battle Tower was a nightmare, I also did all the Contests in Emerald, Platinum & ORAS during the 1st UK Lockdown.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Ah see I find it infuriating not having control over my Pokémon, so even though the theory was great I never enjoyed Palace in practise. The Battle Tents priming you for the more unusual methods (Factory, Arena, Palace) were a good idea though. I somehow could never figure out how to move the grunts north of Slateport so spent a lot of time in that one learning the Pokédex!

In one of the lockdowns I finally did Platinum contests - never enjoyed the dressing up part (still don't, used Bulbapedia's guide) - which I took on with my contest champions from my previous Emerald save. The dancing bit was fun though. Pokéthlon is definitely my favourite side game.

Years
  • Pokeathlon is the only thing I need to do on HeartGold & SoulSilver to get a Black trainer card (all 5 Stars), its amazing when you get all 20 Hoenn Contest Ribbons & 20 Sinnoh Contest Ribbons on one Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Pokeathlon is the only thing I need to do on HeartGold & SoulSilver to get a Black trainer card (all 5 Stars), its amazing when you get all 20 Hoenn Contest Ribbons & 20 Sinnoh Contest Ribbons on one Pokemon.

Ok that's a bit beyond me haha I did 4 each of Hoenn and Sinnoh, because they doubled as my team members so I didn't want to change their movesets too much - they all have Gen IV Battle Tower ribbons too.

I do now have the capacity to trade on Gen III though…I think the endurance challenge would be to get all 3 Kanto starters, and get every available ribbon in each generation, Mega-Evolve them in Gen VI, Gigantamax in them in SwSh, then bring them in to SV when possible and give them new Tera types!

Years
  • I'd say the hardest frontier brains have to be the select few I managed to fight. From Hoenn I fought Noland, Lucy, and Spencer. From Johto/Sinnoh I fought Thorton, Dahlia, and Darch. What makes the Frontier Brains difficult for me has to be reaching them in the first place. Lucy and Spencer were rng nightmares to reach, especially Lucy who've I fought three times and lost each time. Spencer was a spirit breaker because my Swampert never landed a single hit, and he beat me effortlessly. Both those two have to be the hardest Frontier Brains I have faced to this day.

Noland was perhaps the easiest frontier brain from Hoenn because of how the Battle Factory comes down to luck. I had a Sceptile that swept his team of terrible pokemon. As for Johto/Sinnoh, the Battle Factory managed to be my only pure loss against any Johto/Sinnoh Frontier Brain I have faced. Thorton got lucky all because he had a quick claw Hippowdon and I am still salty about that to this day. It was down to the wire and I lost. Dahlia and Darch I have fought twice, one win one loss each. If you have a good run with a bunch of credits at your disposal you can sweep Darch. Dahlia is a different story because the first time I fought her I was not expecting her pokemon to counter mine, so I came prepared the second time around. Also I got lucky with the board paralyzing her pokemon.

Years
  • I can't really say that i've ever had much luck with the battle frontier myself, I've come up against Noland, Lucy, Spencer, Anabel and Brandon once each and I've only successfully beaten Noland. The last time I tried was like... sometime in 2015 though. At the time I didn't really care much for competitive strategies... I have to say, if I were to ever re-attempt it, I would do it with a more competitive mindset, than I did before.

Back