• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which pokemon do u think are uninspired?

Duskfall

Hard-Headed Theologian
    Years
    Ekans. Period. Both the Pokemon and its name. Seriously, it's "Snake" spelled backwards, and it's just a purple snake. Uber basic.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
    Uhh... Voltorb and Electrode are quite inspiring. They were made out of the design of a PokeBall, which I would say is quite unique and one of a kind. Also, Psyduck isn't a Psychic type, and it was the first duck Pokemon ever introduced. It may be able to learn Confusion, but that doesn't make him Psychic. So does Dustox.

I'd say Mamoswine and Lickilicky are quite uninspired. When I first looked at Mamoswine, I couldn't even find the relationship between it and Piloswine besides the suffix of "-swine". It looked pretty stupid, with a random blue patch around it's eyes. Also, it's eyes were huge, immediately contrasting from Swinub's closed eyes and Piloswines hair-covered eyes. It had no detail at all, and I thought it looked just like a big boulder on legs. Lickilicky looked ridiculous! It looked so much like an oversized baby. It's eyes were way too small, and the loss of it's tail makes it look a lot weaker. Lickilicky, in my opinion, looks a lot weaker than Lickitung does. The belly patters are a lot more detailed in Lickitung, which makes it look more complicated and logically much more stronger. I can't find one single detail that makes Lickilicky look better than Lickitung.

Roy G. Biv

KHAAAAAN!
    Years
    Pidgey. Seriously.

It's a bird.
    And it's name sounds like the name my sister would give to a pigeon stuffed animal.

Years
    • Seen Jan 24, 2011
    Uhh... Voltorb and Electrode are quite inspiring. They were made out of the design of a PokeBall, which I would say is quite unique and one of a kind. Also, Psyduck isn't a Psychic type, and it was the first duck Pokemon ever introduced. It may be able to learn Confusion, but that doesn't make him Psychic. So does Dustox.

I'd say Mamoswine and Lickilicky are quite uninspired. When I first looked at Mamoswine, I couldn't even find the relationship between it and Piloswine besides the suffix of "-swine". It looked pretty stupid, with a random blue patch around it's eyes. Also, it's eyes were huge, immediately contrasting from Swinub's closed eyes and Piloswines hair-covered eyes. It had no detail at all, and I thought it looked just like a big boulder on legs. Lickilicky looked ridiculous! It looked so much like an oversized baby. It's eyes were way too small, and the loss of it's tail makes it look a lot weaker. Lickilicky, in my opinion, looks a lot weaker than Lickitung does. The belly patters are a lot more detailed in Lickitung, which makes it look more complicated and logically much more stronger. I can't find one single detail that makes Lickilicky look better than Lickitung.

I completely agree.
    too short

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Pachirisu.
    Seriously, do we really need another Pikachu clone? Wasn't Minun and Plusle enough?
    I truly think Gamefreak considers making Pikachu copies a free ride. Perhaps they use these clones as a respite from making real Pokémon? They look very similar, they behave very similar, and they are all pretty annoying.
    Sure, Pikachu was a great idea.
    "A mouse that can use electricity; how deliciously absurd!" -First Pokémon audience.

However, now that it's the fourth generation; I don't really see the need for a cute little electric Pokémon that you can receive near the beginning of your journey. It just seems very hackneyed to me.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    Hmmm...the first one that comes to mind is Magicarp. Seriously, it's just a FISH that flops around...and Splash doesn't do a thing, how da heck are ya supposed to train it? Except in Mystery Dungeon when a Pokemon uses Splash it'll either land on a different tile or another Pokemon close by and cause 5 damage....but that ain't much. :\

Elekid Kid

Banned
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    starly. its a sinnoh pidgey. a little bird. and ponyta. its a horse. yay.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    starly. its a sinnoh pidgey. a little bird.

Wha... I like Starly, the best looking (cutest) out of the three. Staraptor looks quite cool and Staravia.

On topic the most uninspired to me it Tangela. I mean what the hell is it? A pile of vines that has grown feet and come alive? And Tangrowth doesn't prove much difference now does it? Also on that subject,

Hmmm...the first one that comes to mind is Magicarp. Seriously, it's just a FISH that flops around...and Splash doesn't do a thing, how da heck are ya supposed to train it? Except in Mystery Dungeon when a Pokemon uses Splash it'll either land on a different tile or another Pokemon close by and cause 5 damage....but that ain't much. :\

I agree completely. Garados on the other hand... Just a question off topic, is a shiny Magicarp blue? I just thought if Garados is red shiny then if the boot fits a Magicarp must be blue shiny eh?

Years
    i think that grimer and muk are really uninspiring, whats so scary about them. *ooo a scary piece of purple sludge im scared* how bad idea

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
    i think that grimer and muk are really uninspiring, whats so scary about them. *ooo a scary piece of purple sludge im scared* how bad idea

Hahahaha! That is funny... You're right though, a piece of sludge, why not hit it? It will splat all over the place therfore defeating it in a single blow(!).

Cacttus

Sigh
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2016
    Paras I mean what is with the mushrooms, it's a crab I think.

Venonat looks like cousin IT with eyes

Goldeen they just gave a gold fish a horn

Unown they got real creative with the alphabet.

Girafarig It spells it's own name and what is that on the back of it.

Delibird is that suppose to be Santa Clause or something

Smeargle it's a painter with that weird painter hat on

What is Castform and Luvdisc?

Off topic: Anybody realize it your move Plusle and Minun back and forward there dancing.
    (pokedex)

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2014
    I agree completely. Garados on the other hand... Just a question off topic, is a shiny Magicarp blue? I just thought if Garados is red shiny then if the boot fits a Magicarp must be blue shiny eh?

https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/129.shtml

Nope, Gold. Wasn't there a gold Magikarp in the first season of the anime though? I can't remember, it's been sooooo long. >_< I think it was the S. S. Anne episode.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
    Years
    Hahahaha! That is funny... You're right though, a piece of sludge, why not hit it? It will splat all over the place therfore defeating it in a single blow(!).

Because it will either 1) absorb the blow and eat whatever you hit it with or 2) go splat... Then reform at 100% health.

What is Castform and Luvdisc?

Castform is so inspired. Changes with the weather = win.

RaikaCastillo

Spark Javelin!!!
    Years
    Since the Olympics is still fresh on my mind I'll give them medals :P

Bronze:

Ambipom-- All they did was give it a second tail with the hand on the end and make it even freakier looking.

Silver:

Sharpedo--It's a Shark cut in half.

Gold:

Porygon-Z-- So Porygon 2 was no longer cool enough. Let's just be glad they didn't call it Porygon 3. It still looks pretty much the same as Porygon 2, the only difference being that it traded its legs for a pogo stick.

Back