• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Pokemon Sell for a Buck?

Years
    Other then the infamous 1st edition Charizard holo which Pokemon sell for any buck. Because i see mint PSA graded Pokemon cards (ex: Machamp holo 1st edition) posted on eBay for 500$-10000$. Do these cards sell or are they just up for the chance a dumby will buy them. And if they do sell which ones and what prices are the good cards that you can flip for a buck. Thanks - Mark

Years
    Other then the infamous 1st edition Charizard holo which Pokemon sell for any buck. Because i see mint PSA graded Pokemon cards (ex: Machamp holo 1st edition) posted on eBay for 500$-10000$. Do these cards sell or are they just up for the chance a dumby will buy them. And if they do sell which ones and what prices are the good cards that you can flip for a buck. Thanks - Mark

I'd first like to state that those Machamp listings are wishful thinking taking advantage of the naivety of people who just got back into collecting the cards. Those 1st Edition Machamp cards don't fetch more than $15 for the Shadowless version, and not more than $3 for the Shadowed version.

What's your threshold for "any buck", though? There's quite a few that sell for $5+ each, but also a significantly larger percentage that sells for under $0.75 each.

Years
    I got into all this while at work so a lot of wishful thinking was involved lol but I was thinking about flipping cards. Buy them cheap and try to resell them
    For more if possible.

Years
    I got into all this while at work so a lot of wishful thinking was involved lol but I was thinking about flipping cards. Buy them cheap and try to resell them
    For more if possible.

While it's possible, flipping like that can eat a lot of your free time (like to monitor the market for a given card to see when it sells best) and still end up with a net loss (I know a handful of dealers who all they do in their free time is buy and sell Pokemon cards and they are usually barely in the black). I personally treat any Pokemon card purchase I make as sunk costs, since at their core they're collectibles that accumulate their value (if they accumulate any value) over time, but are often at their most valuable when they can actually be legally used in the official tournaments for the game.

The Pokemon Company deliberately tries to saturate the second-hand market by printing less rare reprints of extremely rare and useful cards.

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen yesterday
    Flipping is hard as hell. You'd need to buy a lot of bulk and it takes time to sell them on individually. I flip a bit, probably made at most £10 profit in the long run.

Back