• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which protagonist?

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    I chose the girl in my Black version. The reason why is because where the girl looks different and separates herself from the rest of the female protagonists, the boy just looks rather basic and not unlike from any other male protagonist.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    Girl, because I am a girl and the one for B&W actually looks like she can stand on her two feet.

Psysaturn

Saturn: 2365 5097 2444
    Years
  • I play as the male, mostly because I am also a male myself.

I've never felt an urge to use the female characters, and in B/W I feel no different.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I'll be playing as the male protagonist. I usually choose the male protagonist becuase I am male, but in Emerald I liked the female protagonist better, so I chose her, plus my friend borrowed my game and restarted it to make me female >:C

I don't like Touya/Black's pants, by the way. I do not like the color, and they're tight like Cheren's :3

Complans

Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2015
    I chose the male protagonist.

Sorry, but there are a lot of better things to *cough* to than a video game character.

D0N3GAN

Working on Pokemon White...
    Years
    • Seen May 24, 2011
    I play as the male protagonist Hilbert in both Pokémon Black & White never thought of having a run through with the the female, Hilda.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I was originally going to play as the girl, but the influence of a certain webcomic led me to choose the male character. :3

Joey's Rattata

Top Percentage
    Years
  • Female. Her overworld sprite is much better than Lyra's. Lyra's overalls looked awkward. White, however, has an amazing design. I like everything about her~ <3

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
    Years
  • I am playing as the female protagonist. I love the way she looks. She is so cute!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I almost never learn their names but both times I played, I played as the girl. I don't see them as different characters at all since nothing changes depending on the one you pick, but the guy's design is just... too generic? He's really boring, imo. Not bad or anything, but nothing special either. I loved the girl from the moment I saw her though so I'm happy to have her sprite representing me on the screen and having awkward ferris wheel rides in my place. :D

Azure Revolver

HONK HONK
    Years
  • I picked the guy on my first playthrough. I restarted halfway through because I hate him. Chose Touko. Best Female Protagonist ever. Dunno why.

Back