• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Rival do you like Best?

Azzurra

Banned
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 3, 2013
    I'd have to say Gary, because he appeared in the anime and the games, and his attitude describes a perfect rival, unlike those kind ones.

Opposite Day

too old for name changes
    Years
  • hmm ill take care of that but first i will need my alternate dimension machine *gets the machine* *goes to gun store* *buys a 9mm* *goes to pokemon reality* *finds gary* *busts a cap in his buttox*

I don't know how it is where you live, but here you are not allowed to buy a gun if you are 14 years old :D *sniggers*

Best rival? Gary, no doubt. He is just so annoying and arrogant that you want to humiliate him in every single way possible. And that is probably why I ended up calling him "Barbie" back in good ol' Yellow.

SamuraiMaster

and his son, Layne (Buizel).
    Years
  • I enjoy the appearences of a lot of rivals.

But I mostly appreciate Richie. He's just a kick butt guy. I say that with pride. He has a pupitar, which by now has probably evolved.

I also respect Paul because his mood at times reminds me of myself...rather dark and calm.

Kuro

Cloaked by the Masses
    Years
  • Gary. He's the ultimate rival, no question. His popularity is no doubt helped by his regular appearances (at least, twice or thrice a season). But I'd say it's mostly because Gary has grown up. I mean, really matured. He's evolved from this arrogant, talented jerk to a Pokémon professor, and formed a great friendship with the series' main protagonist. It's Gary's journey, at least to me, that makes him the greatest rival.

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
  • Gary. He's hilariously rude and blunt. Alot better than an annoying blonde kid with ADHD.

HEY. Don't knock ADHD kids. :P

I'm not sure, Gary got on my nerves alot, Pearl ticked me off with his fining me $1,000,000. (I'll never be able to get that back) Silver was an *******.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Paul, by far. 8D *nods* I love his personality, and the fact that he always beat Ash in a Pokemon Battle. XD
    Needless to say, Paul is my favorite. The other rivals suck, because they don't make fun of Ash like Paul does. Some people may be annoyed when he says, "Pathetic" to Ash, but he's just speaking the truth. Ash is pathetic, he's so pathetic, in fact, he doesn't know that he's pathetic. That's why Paul has to remind Ash that Ash is a big fat looser. Paul's really a very kind rival. Why? He speaks nothing but the truth. :3

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
  • Wow, I'm actually quite surprised by the lack of Silver supporters in this thread.
    Very surprised...

In all honesty, I have to say Silver was my favorite rival. He was the true epitome of a bad guy. He stole his first Pokémon, thought of the little creatures as tools, and only had aspirations to make them stronger. It was up to you to set him straight and teach him to respect his Pokémon. It is for that reason that I liked having him as a rival.

Gary, May, and the rival from the fourth generation weren't quite up to snuff with me. Sure, if was pleasurable to defeat them at every chance I received, but there really wasn't any satisfaction of "ridding the world of its evil."

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    I have to say Gary, because he was always cool and chosen the strong & cool pokemon. He was also a challange. =]

4th Gen Matt

Pokemon Onyx Creator
    Years
  • Wow, I'm actually quite surprised by the lack of Silver supporters in this thread.
    Very surprised...

In all honesty, I have to say Silver was my favorite rival. He was the true epitome of a bad guy. He stole his first Pokémon, thought of the little creatures as tools, and only had aspirations to make them stronger. It was up to you to set him straight and teach him to respect his Pokémon. It is for that reason that I liked having him as a rival.

Gary, May, and the rival from the fourth generation weren't quite up to snuff with me. Sure, if was pleasurable to defeat them at every chance I received, but there really wasn't any satisfaction of "ridding the world of its evil."

Lol, that last part. You sound like Light from Death Note.

Or Dexter from Dexter.

I hated the rival in G/S/C. I just couldn't stand his fugly red hair. Everytime I saw him I closed me eyes.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Has to be either Silver or Barry. The absolute worst is Brendan. They tried to make him seem mean, with a random comment here and there...but made him too friendly. Silver was cool! It's annoying how they're making all the rivals friendly now, I like someone I want to beat because I hate them, not some boring person who keeps popping up...Barry was funny with his rusing around. I suppose Lucius was quite boring, but not as bad as Brendan.

Back