• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which saga or region of the anime did you like the best and why?

Which saga or region of the anime did you like the best and why?

• Kanto

Votes: 38 29.0%
  • Orange Islands

Votes: 6 4.6%
  • Johto

Votes: 20 15.3%
  • Hoenn

Votes: 32 24.4%
  • Kanto Battle Frontier

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • Sinnoh

Votes: 17 13.0%
  • Unova

Votes: 9 6.9%

• Total voters

tough

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I'm surprise that a few people like the Sinnoh series more even though it wasn't that great of a series.

Charicific

PkMn Trainer
    Years
  • I'm surprise that a few people like the Sinnoh series more even though it wasn't that great of a series.

You can't blame them for voting on regular basis and objectively as well, you should be grateful to these people who vote with facts rather than those of Nostalgic cases. Though I respect the vote of people who admit their Nostalgia over something......and please......what you said, is simply YOUR opinion, PLZ try to use the term "opinion" next time, its sometimes intimidating and offensive without it :/

Anyway, I voted for Sinnoh on the last poll and here too. Why? I will just quote what I said:

I say its either Hoenn or Sinnoh for me. I chose Hoenn since it was transition from the classic old Pokemon show to a brand new one. It finally introduced new characters and a totally different region. On the other hand I voted for Sinnoh, and I believe it is so expected from me <_< , simply because of the progression. I finally saw Ash improving his battle skills there, he was accompanied by my favorite characters, he had an epic rival, and the Sinnoh League was like...WOW!

What I also liked about Sinnoh was its Pokedex, the Pokemon included a variation of our old Pokemon and it also added evolutions to them, something cool IMO. The Sinnoh new Pokemons had the most number of my favorite pokemon designs. What I mean is, it included more appealing pokemon for me than any other generation, save for generation 1.

I liked the overlay of the region in general, the Champion was the best as well (we didn't get so many champions anyway) , but Cynthia was something amazing with her Garchomp....a beast.

That series was a wish come true for me, it included almost everything I wanted, It was much more like...a climactic series for me...if it only didn't take 4 years......

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like the Hoenn, Sinnoh and Unova sagas due to the good balance between filler and important event episodes, though Sinnoh had large filler gaps between Eterna/Veilstone and Snowpoint/Sunyshore.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    You can't blame them for voting on regular basis and objectively as well, you should be grateful to these people who vote with facts rather than those of Nostalgic cases. Though I respect the vote of people who admit their Nostalgia over something......and please......what you said, is simply YOUR opinion, PLZ try to use the term "opinion" next time, its sometimes intimidating and offensive without it :/

Anyway, I voted for Sinnoh on the last poll and here too. Why? I will just quote what I said:
    Okay i will. People have a right to their own opinion.

Back on topic.

Kanto and Johto were true classics to the pokemon anime series,Hoenn was really good with the pokemon contest being new to the show.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I did not like the Johto and Kanto series because after watching the newer series, in my opinion it made Kanto and Johto look horrible (unless if you are counting the battle frontier in Kanto then no I am not talking about that). Maybe because it had Misty in it and I couldn't stand her.

:t354:TG

Years
  • Sinnoh.

Why? Because of one particular Coordinator with a Piplup that I used the Japanese name of in my username.

Also, the characters were good.

Unova has only just started for viewers in my native Australia but I'm already loving the characters and especially Ash's Oshawott.

But my vote goes to Sinnoh because of character development and Dawn of course.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Sinnoh.

Why? Because of one particular Coordinator with a Piplup that I used the Japanese name of in my username.

Yep that, except it's mirrored. Switch Sinnoh to 'Hoenn', and my Coordinator had a Roselia. XD

Shuu would make a weird username, though.. I'll just stick with my dub name.

I loved Hoenn, and it's still my favorite because of its sentimental value to me. It's what got me back into Pokemon after Johto made me nearly ignore it, and it held me there for a good number of years. I liked the characters a lot for that series, so I think that's what kept me watching. Now days I love Best Wishes, but I'd still call Hoenn / Advanced / AG (whatever you wanna call it) my favorite saga.

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011
    I did not like the Johto and Kanto series because after watching the newer series, in my opinion it made Kanto and Johto look horrible (unless if you are counting the battle frontier in Kanto then no I am not talking about that). Maybe because it had Misty in it and I couldn't stand her.

Pokemon was on top during the Kanto and Johto era. Hoenn was real good not perfect but good. Sinnoh was way too damn long and pointless,it ended in a good way ,but the whole entire Sinnoh series could have been more better.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Pokemon was on top during the Kanto and Johto era. Hoenn was real good not perfect but good. Sinnoh was way too damn long and pointless,it ended in a good way ,but the whole entire Sinnoh series could have been more better.

Ummm okay, you have repeated yourself over and over again. It's my OPINION why cant you not respect it? I feel that there was more to do in Hoenn, Battle Frontier and Sinnoh that made me like those series way more than Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto. -_-"

tough

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2011

Ummm okay, you have repeated yourself over and over again. It's my OPINION why cant you not respect it? I feel that there was more to do in Hoenn, Battle Frontier and Sinnoh that made me like those series way more than Kanto, Orange Islands and Johto. -_-"

I do respect your opinions.I'm not repeating the samething over and over again,you might not know this but you are repeating the samething over and over again yourself.

Let's stay on topic.

I did enjoy the Kanto series an whole lot,it was the classic days of pokemon.

Years
  • Orange Island!! :D
    1st reason: PokéShipping~
    2nd reason: Charizard eventually obeys Ash. That e[isode is touching..
    3rd reason: Ash won the Orange League and i think it's one of the best match of Ash. In terms of pokemon Ash chose and his strategy.

But Orange Island seasons is TOO SHORT!! And Brock left......:( I think Ash + Misty + Brock is the best "trio"
    Tracy is a good character. But he's not fully developed.:(

Last edited:

papps101

the pokemon master
    Years
  • my favorite region is johto cause of the pokemon i just like how they are i guess they look cool and there are awasome gym leaders

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
  • Orange Islands is definitely my favorite of the anime. It showed us a region of the Pokemon Universe not brought over from the games, and I loved that about it. OI was always way too short for me, and it killed me when Pidgeotto evolved into Pidgeot and then left Ash...yeah it was to protect the Pidgey's and Pidgeotto's of the forrest, but still... *tear*

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Well, I'm sure I've said this on the other poll, but I liked Hoenn and Sinnoh the best.

Hoenn introduced May, one of my favorite characters in the anime. A sweet, bubbly, naive, and especially gullible girl. And just starting out on her journey too. The mentor/student relationship between Ash and May was definitely new, and this is actually mirrored in Sinnoh, to an extent. Of course, all good things come to an end, and May decided that Ash was not a good mentor at all and left him for Johto. She had her moment of intelligence there.

I liked Ash's team in this saga too. It brought back Phanpy/Donphan in the Battle Frontier saga, and his Sceptile is a bad-ass. I loved it taking down Darkrai in the Sinnoh Saga. The others just weren't as memorable, unfortunately. But at least it wasn't decked with all three starters this time. Lastly, the only thing holding this series for me is that there was a huge lack of rivals for Ash. They only appeared in the tournament, and the battles just didn't meet me expectations compared to the previous Silver Conference.

For Sinnoh, it really did mirror Hoenn in a lot of ways, but introduced its own aspects as well. Dawn was just an awesome character, but unlike May, she was a bit overconfident when she started her journey. What I liked about her was that she had some kind of legacy to live up to. Also, she and Ash had a really nice chemistry, especially in Pokemon Battling and Contests. Ash stole her techniques, and they both learned from each other. I didn't like Piplup though, honestly.

Rivalry with Paul completely stuck out to me. It was like the rebirth of Gary Oak, I don't like using that comparison but that is really the only way to describe the intensity of the rivalry. Foiling perspectives on raising pokemon was big here, and it all somehow melted down to turn out okay. Their final battle is probably my favorite too. The epic ending with Infernape and Electivire sealed the pokemon's rivalry as well as their trainer's. Well done for that. In addition, they have another evil team eventually reach their goal, only for their plans to be derailed. One problem with the series was the ridiculous amount of fluff episodes. It got a bit boring.

So, yeah. I guess that kind of sums it up.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    /picking up from the last thread, fixed up a little though.

I felt like I quite very enjoyed the AG series the most. I loved the chemistry between Ash, Brock, May and Max. Some of the rivals were quite memorable, like Drew and Harley. It did introduce us to contests, which were quite good at the time, it was just nice to see the anime not just focus on Ash, and see another character with a different focus. Theres also the Battle Frontier. I loved how Ash decided to gather his old Pokémon and take them along with him around Kanto again. It also holds one of my favourite episodes, "Time-Warp Heals All Wounds!" so yeah.

Years
  • I enjoyed Unova a lot because of the better quality and also new characters since I don't like Brock and next would be Sinnoh because of the contests and legendary Pokemons ;)

DexHolderBlue

The Sneaky Thief
    Years
  • I voted Hoenn. I loved seeing what the characters (especially the gym leaders) were like on the show, and I loved seeing May and her contest rivals (Harley and Drew ftw!!!). May will forever be my favorite character on the anime.

Back