• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
    on my ss i started with cyndaquil and on my hg i started with chikorita. but i ditched my starter on hg.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
    Totodile.
    Seriously Johto's got my most favourite trio starters, I love all 3 unlike other starters, but still I chose Totodile since Silver used it.

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I chose Chikorita in HeartGold and Totodile in SoulSilver. Those were always my favorite two.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I bet a ton of people took offence to that, i chose todadile and i consider myself an advanced player.
    OP probably meant that Chikorita is best for players who have played the games longer, because Chikorita isn't the easiest starter for the Johto games. Not that if you chose another starter, you aren't an "advanced" player.

At any rate, I first chose Totodile. Then for my current playthrough, I chose Chikorita, who was promptly traded over to Pearl for my planned starter, Machop.

Le Creep!

~don't act blonde.
    Years
    NEW QUESTION

If you could choose another Starter Pokemon from Johto, who would it be?
    For me, I would choose Chikorita. I need a strong Grass addition to my team.​

Pebblycone

Little Monster ♥
    Years
    Well,
    I got HG, and my sister got SS,
    So we were able to trade so I could get all of them... (she didn't want them all, but got me to trade each of the evolutions to her to fill her pokedex). :)
    My oh my, how I love having a sister who likes pokemon :D We always make sure we get one of the games each from every generation (except for Gen II).

Years
    I started with Chikorita because I never really appreaciated grass pokemon and didn't ever bother training any, so starting with one gave me now choice :) And now I think Meganium compliments by team really well.

c3rad

Grass-Type user
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2012
    I was going to start with Totodile, like I always did in the old days, but I noticed that a reliable grass type Pokemon was hard to come by throughout Johto, and since the Grass starters are my favorite I chose Chikorita.

Part of me wishes I would have kept Totodile, but then I wouldn't have my Quagsire, which is one of my favorite Pokemon right now.

Corruptodile

Ma chérie, Je t'aime.
    Years
    • Age 30
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 19, 2016
    Totodile, it's so much more diverse than the other two. Feraligatr is, IMO, the coolest 3rd starter evo ever too :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back