• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I chose Cyndaquil because the game was too easy with totodile and chikorita XD
    Huh, I can only imagine how much easier it'll get with Cyndaquil, if you thought using Totodile and Chikorita made the game too easy already.

My intentions was to start and complete the game with Cyndaquil as my starter. However, I felt as though since everyone was choosing Cyndaquil for their starting Pokémon and it already made the game pretty easy, I'd go for the challenge and choose Chikorita. I can't say I was disappointed with that choice either.

If I were to restart though, I'm thinking of going with Totodile. I seem to have a stronger likeness to it now than I did before.

Years
    Originally in my Crystal version when I first played it I chose Totodile, but in HG I chose Cyndaquil, just cause its awesome. :D (and cute)

FalconsDrummer

Why yes, I have an Octillery.
    Years
    In Gold/Silver/Crystal, I almost always used Totodile, because Feraligatr is just really cool. I did try each starter at least once back in the day, though. I never really cared for Chikorita->Meganium, and since I had used Totodile->Feraligatr so much, I decided on Cyndaquil for my HeartGold starter.

However, I think I will try Chikorita next time; if I get SoulSilver or restart HeartGold. I've never really given Grass-type starters a chance, except Treecko.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    Totodile, 'cause Croconaw is a good HM slave. Well, was. It has sat in a PC Box since I got to Blackthorn.
    (Lol, got a female one. Named it "1/8 Chance" because of that :D )

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Read the title.

I guess this thread might have been made, but is most probably old news now.

I started with my Cyndaquil :)

I was initially going to start with Totodile, but changed my mind when I was face to face with those three Pokéballs.

I chose Cyndaquil, but I replaced him later on for Growlithe

Years
    I started with Chikorita to force Silver to choose a Cyndaquil, and at the first chance I got, deposited it into the PC Box and released it. Then I traded over Magby and Elekid eggs and played through the game with that duo. It was probably the best idea I've ever had. I had tons of fun with those two.

For my second playthrough, I created a scenario called "SpiritCopper", where I played through the game with a Pachirisu (moveset augmented with 3 TMs - Thunderbolt, Light Screen, Thunder - traded from Diamond and administered at appropriate levels). It wasn't as fun as the Magby/Elekid duo, but still way more fun than Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile. For whatever reason, I don't like those 3.

Years
    Back in the Gold/Silver days, I picked Cyndaquil. Then when Crystal came out, I picked Chikorita. This time around, I picked Totodile and named him Ct.Crocula which is the first Pokémon I've ever named and I've been playing since the Red and Blue days.

Amew

Red Mage
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    I piked Cyndaquil (named Cynder) to try and get though the game fast so I could get my Gen 3 Pokemon to SS. Including my Breloom, named Luigi. Too bad Brelooms can't learn Stomp.

Numbers

Say my name
    Years
    I was going to choose Cyndaquil as that's what I chose on Gold the first time I played it but then I heard that
    Spoiler:
    (which totally ruined the surprise for me) and wanted to get THAT fire type. THEN I heard you also
    Spoiler:
    so I went with Totodile.
    I had to put these in spoilers as I don't want to ruin the surprise for anyone who comes to this thread, not having played the game, and is looking at peoples answers for what starter to use. Don't want to spoil it for them like it was spoiled for me.

vibratingcat

new username, razzbat
    Years
    well quilava is one of my favourite pokemon, so i chose cyndaquill. I might choose totodile the next time round though...

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I initially chose Tododile, but eventually received all of the other starters in GTS trades.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back