• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rei

Years
  • I cant even remember who i chose. I stashed him in my PC and used the event Jirachi (LVL 5) as a starter as soon as i was able to trade.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • Cyndaquil. Currently a level 82 Typhlosion, the highest-level mon on my team (until I trade for my brother's Garchomp). I also have a Feraligatr and a Bayleef (haven't evolved Bayleef yet for some reason.)

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • A Chikorita named Grace. As the ROM wouldn't work so I prayed and what-do-you-know? It worked! But I had to restart like 3 times as the thing went funny, but I didn't get far so it was cool. The only thing is, Grace is a dude :\

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • totodile because of its starting stats. and when its feraligator, it has good attack which is what i need. The only problem is that its special defense isnt that good

Lunoon

Even through the wire.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2010
    Chickorita, Meganium is one of my favorite pokemon. :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    I went with the Grass type, Chikorita, the same starter I had in Gold and Crystal. I always go with the grass type.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Cyndaquil mostly, but sometimes Totodile.

I use Cyndaquil to see if Typhlosion grows on me. It's worked somewhat, helped by sweeping with a Typhlosion on Emerald's Battle Factory.

Totodile is good, and cute (Chikorita is the only one that isn't)....and they have a brilliant movepool, however, the fact that I read PokeSpe too much and associate Feraligatr with Silver means I can't settle with it for long (although the only time I ever defeated Red, I used Feraligatr.)

rstevenson1976

The Eevee-Loution Master
    Years
  • to the OP I suggest adding a poll to this thread to get a better idea of which one has the highest popularity, ex: 1)cyndaquil 2)chikorita 3)totodile 4)traded pokemon as soon as one was available. but to get back on topic I chose cyndaquil then boxed it when I was able to breed eevee evolutions.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I chose Chikorita in HG because I never use Chikorita, and I like to have variety (in fact, my whole team is Pokemon I have never used before - Houndoom, Meganium, Ambipom, Ariados, Politoed and Donphan).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back