• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which starter did you choose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unique sound

with legendtina :D
Years
  • chicorita im a grass type lover! the only time that i have gone with anything other was when i went with mudkip because treeko sucks :D

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • For my SoulSilver, Cyndaquil for my starter all the way, ever since my original Gold version. Squirtle as my Kanto starter, and Treecko for Hoenn.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Kanto: squirtle
    Johto: totodile
    Hoenn: mudkip
    Sinnoh: turtwig

candracar272

That person
    Years
  • For HGSS, I had a hard time choosing between Cyndaquil and Chikorita, but I ended up going with the latter. I have a liking for Grass types anyways, and it seems a lot of people tend to use Fire types to start. I did have to trade for that Onix for the first gym, though...

Fushigidane-Chan

Years
  • I went with Chikorita. Not just because it's the most unpopular choice and the most difficult to beat the game with, but because it was my first Pokemon I ever got and I've loved it, Bayleef, and Meganium ever since. <3

chuckles

"to be honest"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    i chose chikorita but lets be honest aint no1 giving a **** about a starter pokemon that aint from RBY

Sasoragon

Dragon Tamer
    Years
  • I choose Chicorita because I've been wanting to make an awesome Meganium Move Set for the battle tower including the moves Toxic, Double Team, Leech Seed, and Giga Drain <3

Though actually, I think Quilava is the best out of all the starters and their evos C:

chuckles

"to be honest"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2010
    I choose Chicorita because I've been wanting to make an awesome Meganium Move Set for the battle tower including the moves Toxic, Double Team, Leech Seed, and Giga Drain <3

Though actually, I think Quilava is the best out of all the starters and their evos C:

i like the sound of that actually im a big fan of giga drain myself

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Cyndaquil. I dunno, I guess although Chikorita was probably my first starter ever, I wanted to go back to my main favourite starter of the Johto region anyway, so yeah I chose Cyndaquil and it's much stronger than Chikorita, imo, anyway (as far as moveset is concerned).

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2011
    is it cheating to choose all of them? i basically went with feraligator because water just has awesome properties in general but then traded it to my son and restarted to get fire and while i was at it i traded cyndaquil to my son and then got the other one.

now i have them all! hehehe

Years
  • is it cheating to choose all of them? i basically went with feraligator because water just has awesome properties in general but then traded it to my son and restarted to get fire and while i was at it i traded cyndaquil to my son and then got the other one.

now i have them all! hehehe

I eventually had all of them by the end too lol. But only bc I want to catch as many as I can in SS since I've never attempted it before. Plus I was pretty much done with the game and had nothing else to do haha.

I always start Johto with Cyndaquil though. I love fire pokemon. I got Squirtle for Kanto since I don't think I've ever chosen it before even in the gameboy games.

QuilavaPlume

Quilava~Plume
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2010
    Favorite Johto Starter?

Mine, if not obvious, is Cyndaquil. I've always had a burning passion for fire types...no pun intended. :3

What's yours and why?

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I've been ask this question a billion times and it stopped me from liking grass type starters since I would usually pick a Bulbasuar rather than a Squirtle....so my favorite starter is Totodile because it looks cool and cute

:t354:TG

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back