• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Starter?

Which starter will you select in Heart Gold / Soul Silver?

• Total voters

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    Well, the title says it all. Which starter would you choose in GSDS?

I would certainly pick Chikorita or Tododile. Their evolutions are my Johto favorites. =D

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I started with Chikorita on Gold back then, and that's what I'll start with when Heart Gold comes out. :D

However, I'll probably get Totodile on SoulSilver.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I am going to get Chikorita in Heart Gold because that's my favorite starter in the Johto Region.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    I'll be getting Chikorita x3 Bayleef is just awesome. Then again Totodile and Cyndaquil are pretty neat...

The Red Chain

I'll be getting Cyndaquil.. I love the whole evolution family.
    I had a Typhlosion in the original Silver that I just adored so much.. so I feel obligated to 'relive' that little memory in Soul Silver.

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Cyndaquil on Silver, Chikorita on Gold. ... Or vice versa.

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    Totodile, because I love water types.

And I choose it on the rom (Never actually played the game on a GBC *sad*).

Years
    I'll go with Cyndaquil and Chikorita if I happen to get both games, but since I'm really only planning to get Heart Gold, I think I'll be going with Cyndaquil. It'll be nice to go with a fire-type starter again, since I've been choosing the water-types in the more recent games.

Also, Cyndaquil and Quilava = <3.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Totodile.
    I chose it when I played Gold on a Singapore airlines flight.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Definitely Chikorita. Personally, my first game was Crystal. But I'm going ahead and playing HG first while my sister is getting SS. Although, I'm probably going to get all 3 starters when I finish the gameplay.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Cyndaquil, I can't imagine not starting with it. D: (On SoulSilver)
    For HeartGold I'll probably go with Totodile, (Guess I can imagine.) or just abandon my starter to PC Box Prison.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
    Ugh.
    Johto region is my fav and I'm so sad that I won't be able to get them all. ;3;
    I'm probably gonna start with Chikorita, but since I'm getting both, use my friends DS to trade the others over~ ^^

Back