• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Starter?

Which starter will you select in Heart Gold / Soul Silver?

• Total voters

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    Woops...I meant to click Cyndaquil in the polls. Oh well.

Cyndaquil was the first pokémon I ever had, so I'm going to "reincarnate" him, hehe. May Arceus rest his zombie bones...

Last edited:
    Years
    Yes, I'm going to try to "reincarnate" my old Crystal team in HeartGold, since I'm definitely getting that game. If I decide to get the SoulSilver version as well (you never know, if these games turn out to be as awesome as I think, I just might), I'll attempt to re-create my old Gold team, which had Chikorita as my starter.

One thing that's sort of been a rule with me since the Gen II games is that my starter has to be female. Yes, even Typhlosion.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
    I'll pick Totodile most likely, since it's evolutions are powerful and it was what I had in Crystal.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
    I'd choose Totodile.

If you have ever played Pokemon Colosseum,then you know how powerful that thing gets!I also like its evolutions.Feraligator will kick some tail............

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Chikorita in Heart Gold, Cyndaquil in Soul Silver. Those are the two I started with in the old games. Pity there isn't going to be a remake of Crystal; that way I could let history repeat itself properly and pick Totodile.

To be fair though, it doesn't really matter. I'll end up acquiring all three starters on both games providing the GTS will still be around. And it probably will be.

Years
    I'm not really sure. They're all good. This is always one of the hardest decisions when you start playing. I chose Totodile in Crystal, so maybe him.

Omega Saikon

The Highest Power
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2015
    Okay, since my starter will be Chikorita, I've already planned out my E4 team that I'll use, given the fact that the same Pokémon will be around the same routes and stuff. This is extremely exciting. ;3

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    I'll definitely choose Chikorita in Heart Gold. That's who I chose in my Gold back when it first came out. I want to re-live it all!

If I decide to get Soul Silver, I'll probably choose Totodile.

CollinP

My Avi Evolved
    Years
    • Seen May 19, 2009
    Same As Back Then

I Usually Pick Chikorita First, Than When I Beat That Game, I Usually Choose Cyndaquil (my Two Fav Pokemon EVER)- I Switch Beetween The Two Every Time I Beat The Basic Game, And Then When I Get Really Bored Of Them, I Choose Totodile (it's so weird, when i was 6 it was my favorite, now it barely scratches my top 30)

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Heart Gold: I'll play as a Boy, and I'll pick Cyndaquil

Soul Silver: I'll play as a Girl, and I'll pick Chikorita

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Chikorita, because they are adorable ^^
    Maybe if I get them both, or I go through the game again, I'll pick Totodile, because he was the one I always chose when I played Crystal years ago.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Cyndaquil. It has an advantage for over 3 gyms as were the other 2 have:
    Totodile-None
    Chikorita-None

So I am choosing him for his usefulness and not cause I like it. But typhlosion is total hawtness.

Back