• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which Team?

Which Team?

• Team Rocket!

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Team Galactic!

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Team Neither!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Team Go Me!

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

bobandbill

one more time
Years
  • Which team did you prefer going up against in the fourth generation games? Team Galactic, with its solar system theme and a leader who disliked showing emotions and wished to make a new universe for himself to remove emotions? Or maybe Team Rocket, which didn't have a real leader at all in HGSS but had a sweet deal going with SlowpokeTails and all the music as well?

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I'll always love going up against Team Rocket. I say that in a sort of condescending way; I find them cute lol. They're not nice people, but they're so easily defeated that they're essentially harmless and they're basically used as a level-grinding exercise.

Also I love that most of their fighting happens in buildings rather than in caves like some of the other teams. Caves are highly unenjoyable for me, but I like the idea of fighting in warehouses and skyscrapers XD

DarkAbsolX

Pokemon World Champion 50Times
    Years
  • Well Team Rocket was the first evil group .. so i think i get used to them..
    I always wondered if it was they who were weak, or that I was too strong :P

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • None of the other 'evil teams' hold a candle to Team Rocket. Maybe it's just nostalgia, but I've always identified with their goal - use Pokemon to take over the world - over the outlandish claims of the other ones. Honestly, from what I've read of Team Galactic, they seem the craziest of the lot, and not in a good way. Team Rocket will always be my favourites.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    Gotta say Team Rocket for me, I like the battle theme for them more than that of Team Galactic's and the encounters feel more memorable too.

Illuminaughty

The Graceful Idiot
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    You can't beat the nostalgic feel of Jesse, James, and the talking Meowth, the subordinates of Giovanni. They stole pokemon and sold them for money; simple and realistic intentions.

The Galactics have lame space suits and a farfetch'd goal.

Gold19

Yes, I'm that One Guy
    Years
  • I'm going with Team Galactic mostly because well, my friend said their leader was like Poke Hitler (no joke).

Aurielle

Warning : Choking Hazard.
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 15, 2012
    Team Rocket, mostly because of nostalgia I guess.

Although I do love astronomy.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Team Galactic. Team Rocket just wasn't the same with Giovanni in hiding... they didn't seem nearly as intimidating. If Giovanni was still at the helm of TR, then I might be inclined to vote them, but the entire group just seemed more... disorganized.

Not to mention the fact that Cyrus had a well-developed backstory AND a much tougher team (especially in Platinum) than interim Rocket boss Archer.

DarkAbsolX

Pokemon World Champion 50Times
    Years
  • Who can forget this ?

Which Team?

Years
  • I picked Team Galactic cause I'm playing through Diamond atm (for the first time woop woop!!) and it's refreshing facing a new team, plus I like the pokémon they use, for example the Wurmple line :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Team Galactic all the way. They were the first 4th gen team that I went up against, but also due to the fact that Team Rocket did not seem very "organized", unlike team Galactic, who had a boss, and a better ranking system for their team.
    Team Rocket seemed to be unorganized, and not very effective. They went down without a very big fight, unlike TG.

Rocket-Dock

Dragonite Trainer
    Years
  • My favourite team is Galactic, Team rocket was easy to beat.
    And I like the story of team galactic

T!M

Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner
    Years
  • I'd have to admit Rocket being my favorite as they are by far the easiest to defeat. I actually had trouble a top of Spear.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • I will forever be a Team Rocket fan so of course my vote went to it. I loved their battle theme and all the nostalgia that went with it. Also battling Vileplume is something that I enjoy for some odd reason and I got to do that with Team Rocket.

Future Arceus

I hate my name
    Years
  • I would have to choose....Team Rocket. Old school all the way! : D ...Team Galactic seemed kind of under-developed, and their hair style..wouldn't be caught dead with that color XD.

Team Rocket - shady guys & thugs (Who doesn't like free exp.)
    Team Galactic- Spacemen (Wurple Line was kinda nice and their mission was cool, but that one guy runs like halfway across the region to get away from you..)

Years
  • Team Rocket will always have major fan support because of them being the originals. I personally love going against Team Rocket and would have them be the only team if I could.

Back