• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which type of Poke Balls do you use to capture legendaries?

type of pokeballs u use 2 catch legendaries

• Pokeball

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Greatball

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Ultraball

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Masterball

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Others (explain)/None

Votes: 32 62.7%

• Total voters

TheMarkCrafter

roses are red, violets are blue, i used to break r
    Years
    At PKMN Black, i used a Masterball to catch Tornadus. And Ultraballs to catch Cobalion, Virizion, and Reshiram.
    ---------------------
    At PKMN Heartgold, i used a Quickball to catch Raikou or Entei, and a Masterball to catch Ho-oh.
    ---------------------
    Sadly at PKMN Platinum, i got my 1st Masterball and i caught Houndor. =[

CyberBlaziken

huh? whaaaaat?
    Years
    ...For some reason, Poke Balls move for three times while Ultra Ball only once or not at all.
    But mostly Ultra Balls and Poke Balls. Rest are for when i ran out of these two.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It depends on the location and time.

If it's inside a cave or outside and night, Dusk Balls.

If it's a roamer, Quick Balls when I can't be bothered to trap them.

For a battle that drags on and on, I start with Ultra, then Timer.

ジャスミン

Steel Type Leader
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2011
    Depends. I like trying to catch them with a Poke Ball. If it's a roamer then a master ball.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I tend to stock up on Great Balls as they're fairly cheap. I'll spend my Ultras or anything else circumstantially helpful beforehand, but it does tend to come down to the sixty ugly blue things I left in a back pocket...

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
    Well if i'm in a cave or if its night outside, i use dusk ball.

If its a roamer i use quick or master ball.

If its the battle drags forever then i'm using ultra ball to start with and then timer ball.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Majority of the time, I always capture them with Ultra Balls. But if I'm in a cave (such as where Giratina is located) I would use a Dusk Ball. I was super lucky to capture a 4th Generation Zapdos with a PokeBall :D

:t354:TG

FlameChocobo

Warrior of Hoenn
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    For me, I mostly use Ultra Balls between First Generation and Third Generation.

In Fourth Generation and Fifth Generation games, I sometimes use different Pokeballs such as Dusk Balls, Quick Balls, etc.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I used to use whatever Poke Ball I threw at the legendary, but now I use the most effective ball I have (like Dusk Balls and Ultra Balls).

Years
    For a challenge, i try and use Pokeballs at the legendaries.
    I bring 50 PBs.
    If it gets messed up, i Use my Great Balls(35)
    Not yet?? I use Ultra Balls.
    Then it gets hard. Go Dusk Balls.

If it's not in a cave, then a naturally use Great Balls and Ultra Balls.
    The Legendary Dogs and Latias/Latios are a pain in the butt.
    Most likely i cheat 4 roaming legends. Cuz' i have one Master Ball.

Sul_Zala

Collector of tales
    Years
    Dusk and Timer Balls, I always carry around 50 of each. I keep my Master Balls (I trade them to another Version when I reset one) for emergencies, like that Shiny Golbat where I didn't have a Pokemon with me that would've been able to wear it down without onehitting it.

Years
    I usually start with Ultra-balls and if I run out, I switch to Poke-balls (I never carry any Great-balls on me). I honestly just HATE using Dusk-balls or Heal-balls. I know that Kyurem is in a cave and I get a bonus for a Dusk-ball, but I just hate the look of it. On my current run, I'm going to try to get both Zekrom and Kyurem in Premier-balls or Luxuray-balls. On Roamers, I usually get it down to 1HP and paralyze it whenever I get the chance and then trap it with a Wynaut. :P

GhostOfPhazon

Hacker Wannabe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2011
    I start with Duskballs and if I use all of them up then I move on to Ultraballs and Timerballs. As for the Masterball, I usually either don't use it, or I save it for a specific legendary, because it always seems like there's one particular legendary in each game that's even harder for me to catch than it should be. Like in the first gen, none of the legendaries were really a problem to catch. Except for Zapdos, who I was never able to catch with anything but the Masterball.

Years
    Well in FRLG I was actually fooled by the sign in Saffron that said Great Balls were "New and Improved" so I used a Great Ball on Moltres. Other than that I use Timer Balls [since battling legends takes a while] and Master Balls, since I'm a nub who likes the 100% capture rate that they provide.

Qin

The Flaming Rat's General!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2011
    Because I'm nocturnal and only ever play on anything at night because of life, Dusk Balls are a habitual favourite. I also carry around a good stock of Timer Balls for those cripplingly long battles that then seem reasonable with the use of a successful Timer Ball.

Back