• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which type of Poke Balls do you use to capture legendaries?

type of pokeballs u use 2 catch legendaries

• Pokeball

Votes: 11 21.6%
  • Greatball

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • Ultraball

Votes: 27 52.9%
  • Masterball

Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Others (explain)/None

Votes: 32 62.7%

• Total voters

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well 'cause this can apply to more than Black and White, I'm throwing it over to PGC. Plus we've already got that one asking what you used your masterballs on.

I generally use Great Balls, tho.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I usually use my masterballs for the main legendary of the game. (On the front covers; Girantina, Palkia, Ho-oh, Lugia etc.) and once I've used my masterball, I just use mainly ultra balls and any other spare bals in my bag; which are often just dusk balls or heal balls.

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    So far in black, I used a quick ball and caught tornadus on the first shot!
    I caught reshiram in a luxury ball as well as Landorus
    I caught Kyurem in a dive ball (randomly chucked it lol)

Tox

fight me
    Years
    I think Dusk Balls and Timer Balls always work really well. For some reason, I can't bring myself to use Great Balls, Ultra Balls or Master Balls though. :/

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
    Usaully anything part from the Masterballs.. On white I caught thunderus in a healball, Zeky in a Greatball and Vintini in a pokeball.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

Well, like everything now outside of Kanto / Johto I mainly use Poké Balls (Great and Ultra balls are only for things in Kanto / Johto, where the balls originate, or pokémon I'm trading away). However, sometimes I use a Master Ball. Mainly when catching Mesprit / Cresselia when I have no desire to use it, or Mewtwo, as to me the "M" means it's for Mewtwo.

And if I'm in Hoenn / Sinnoh, I'll use one of that region's exclusive Poké Balls alongside Poké Balls. Except for the Regi Trio in Platinum - I only got them once, and I literally sold everything except my most precious tms in order to buy hundreds of Poké Balls in groups of 10 in order to get Premier Balls - Premier Balls for event legendaries, makes sense right?

Oh, did I mention Unova? Well, I'm not sure as I can't use Dream Balls, but I think it may be just plain ol' Poké Balls, or maybe a mixture of the imports from other regions. Who knows?

But yeah, I'm very specific. Gone are the days of just lobbing whatever happens to be in my bag!

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I use a mix of Ultra Balls and Dusk Balls. I usually play at the night, so these two are a good selection.

Sandglass

I want some cookies :O
    Years
    It depends. For example, for Groudon I use Dark Balls. For the others, I use quick balls. After, I use ultraballs or chronoballs. But I can also use GreatBalls because I'm lucky with legandaries. I caught Rayquaza with a GreatBalls, all is possible :)

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    I normally use Ultra balls and Dusk Balls (especially if I'm battling a legendary in a cave at night).
    I save the Masterball for roamers.

The only exceptions would be Dialga, Palkia, and Zekrom whicH I've caught in normal Pokéballs.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Ultra, Dusk, and Timer are my most popular choices. For a roaming legendary, like Lati@s or Thundurus, I use the Master Ball. And I've caught a few in a Pokeball once. Long ago, I had a challenge where catching Pokemon in a Pokeball was a requirement, including legendaries.

Maple Leaf

dazed and abused
    Years
    I use the Ultra Ball for no specific reason, same with the Timer Ball.

The Dusk Ball's for cave legendaries, and the Master Ball's for roaming legendaries.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I tend to use a Quick Ball in desperate hope, then give up, wittle it down, and toss Dusk Balls if I can. If it's not in a cave or it's daytime, I bring out the ultra balls. I think I caught one of the Pixies in DPPt with a Timer Ball, though, since it had to have been over 100 turns. <_<

Musashi

Nope, that's not me
    Years
    I've been capturing them in Heal Balls for the most part. It has nothing to do with me being cheap and liking the pink animation

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
    I usually use the master ball for the main legendary of what ever game I'm playing. I'm going to go through my PC and see what balls I used for legendary Pokemon.

Fire red
    Mewtwo: Master ball
    Zapdos: Ultra ball
    Articuno: Ultra ball
    Moltres: Ultra ball

Soul silver
    Suicune:Ultra ball
    Raikou: Ultra ball
    Entei: Ultra ball
    Lugia: Master ball
    Ho-oh: Ultra ball

Emerald: