• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which version of windows are you using?

Which version of windows are you using?

• Windows Vista

Votes: 14 16.3%
  • Windows XP

Votes: 62 72.1%
  • Windows 98

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 95

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Windows 3.1 or lower

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Other windows program

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • I don't use windows.

Votes: 8 9.3%

• Total voters

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    XP

because it's currently the best (and ive never got a BSOD on vista.. :P)

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I use XP. It's all I have right now. I expect to be getting Vista by the end of the year though, when I get a new laptop.

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • You must have done something wrong cause i have been running it since the day it came out and i have not got one error or blue screen what anti virus do you have cause norton gives errors windows live one care is the best i use and its cheap.

I use CA Security Suite which has it's own version thats compatible with Vista. I think its a hardware/driver compatibility problem. I often get a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something like that, and often times it gives a problem with NETIO.SYS.

Pn0y

Event Collector
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2008
    Right now I'm using windows 2000... o_O but on my other comp I use windows XP =D

Lubricus

The one and only
    Years
  • I use CA Security Suite which has it's own version thats compatible with Vista. I think its a hardware/driver compatibility problem. I often get a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or something like that, and often times it gives a problem with NETIO.SYS.

Well its not the security suite I don't know whats wrong with the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error i never had that but the NETIO.SYS is a Network I/O Subsystem so what are you using for your network is it wired or wirelessed if it is wired then are you running it of teh motherboard or a card then if its wireless what card or adapter are you using.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Windows XP Home Edition is what I'm using. I herd that it takes 5 mins on Windows Vista before arriving at the Account Menu. Is that real though?...

Lubricus

The one and only
    Years
  • Windows XP Home Edition is what I'm using. I herd that it takes 5 mins on Windows Vista before arriving at the Account Menu. Is that real though?...

No your machine just needs to be able to hanlde the UI of vista mine boots up in about 1minute and takes 30 seconds to logon.
    Im so sick of people putting vista down just because they can't handle it on their system it doesn't crash if you know what you are doing. It won't take long to do anything if you set it up right. and for godsakes its a new system its sure to have some bugs thats what everyone said with XP now everyone is like oh its so good thats what isgoing to happen to vista soon enough.

PatriotFan89

Biggest NE Patriot Fan!!!
    Years
  • Well its not the security suite I don't know whats wrong with the DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error i never had that but the NETIO.SYS is a Network I/O Subsystem so what are you using for your network is it wired or wirelessed if it is wired then are you running it of teh motherboard or a card then if its wireless what card or adapter are you using.

I'm going wireless and the adapter is an Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN.

Punishment

Brotherhood of War
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 22, 2013
    Windows XP Home Edtion

I probably wont get Vista until they tweak it up to standard. Sure it looks nice but if it cant run some applications it needs to be fixed.

Niwa

.Blank
    Years
  • Im using the dreafully awful, Windows Vista, and I'll tell you, so many programs cannot be run on this machine ha.

Lubricus

The one and only
    Years
  • I'm going wireless and the adapter is an Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN.

DO you have the latest driver theres one that came out a couple of weeks ago. and What is your isp and what router do you use.

Niwa: Vista is a better os then xp and tons of software will run on it do use the virtual enviroment option for xp or earlier software.

Eureka1

Yay IIDX! :D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jan 21, 2023
    Windows XP Home Edition is what I'm using. I herd that it takes 5 mins on Windows Vista before arriving at the Account Menu. Is that real though?...

if your pc is absolutely dire then yes.

im on a fedora 7/xp home dual boot atm

i hate vista..

when i get my core2duo though it'll probably be okay

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    if your pc is absolutely dire then yes.

im on a fedora 7/xp home dual boot atm

i hate vista..

when i get my core2duo though it'll probably be okay

XD... Huh ok.

What I like about Vista is only the design and some features. The rest, I don't like it.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • I'm using Windows XP

BTW wut's the difference between Vista n XP?(cause i'm thinking of buying a new computer that runs Windows Vista)

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • Vista is newer and therefore better (Going off consumer logic).

Vista has features like 3D effects, "efficiently" using hardware and eating up harddisk space.

Back