• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which Villain Team was #1?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
Yup, with the Pokemon games, we have our traditional bad guys:

With that, I wanted this thread to be a poll that compares all of the villains from the 1-6 gens of pokemon, for you guys to vote for the best! So, again, which villains from the gen series did you like the most? Here they are:

Gen 1&2: Team Rocket

Spr_RG_Rocket.png
Spr_Y_Jessie_James.png
Spr_GS_Rocket_Grunt_M.png

Team Rocket is an evil group who basically wants all the pokemon they can find, in order to get money, and world domination, all led by Giovanni. What they've done in Gen I, is take over the Pokemon Tower in Lavender, killed a mother Marowak, as well as take over the Silph Company, and occupy the Viridian City Gym. It was by then that they've finally disbanded.

In Gen II, they've returned with new executives, as they tried to take over the radio tower to contact their boss, and they've also used radio waves to force pokemon to evolve, resulting in a Red Gyarados.

Gen 3: Team Aqua & Team Magma

Spr_RS_Team_Magma_Grunt_F.png
Spr_RS_Team_Aqua_Grunt_F.png

Basically polar opposites, Team Aqua and Magma are the villans from Gen III. Team Magma wants to use the power of Groudon to make Hoenn more of a landscape, resulting in less water. Team Aqua wants to use the power of Kyogre to make Hoenn to flood, resulting in less land. Respectively, Magma is led by Maxie, and Aqua is led by Archie.

Gen 4: Team Galactic

Spr_DP_Galactic_Grunt_M.png
Spr_DP_Galactic_Grunt_F.png

team Galactic here are the evil guys from the Gen 4 games; at first, they've captured and stolen pokemon to use their energy, as well as use them for their own purposes. They've then captured the lake trio pokemon, in order to create the red chain, so that they can summon Dialga and Palkia, in order to rule time and space themselves. o: Ruled by Cyrus!

Gen 5: Team Plasma

Spr_BW_Plasma_Grunt_M.png
Spr_B2W2_Plasma_Grunt_M.png

Team Plasma and Neo Team Plasma are the bad guys in the Gen V games. The original Team Plasma (guys in white) wanted trainers to release their pokemon so that pokemon will experience their true potential; or they can be free, at least according to N, their leader. N became a chosen hero, and obtained Reshiram/Zekrom (depend son what game you've played) to beat the champion. That was until his father, Ghetsis revealed the true purpose of Team Plasma: to rule the world.

This became more prominent in Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, where Neo Team Plasma (the guys in black) arose led by Ghetsis, where they've they've captured Kyreum in order to gain more power for the world's take over.

Gen 6: Team Flare

tumblr_n59xh7UgVW1ttdkobo1_400.gif

Team Flare had an interesting style. xD They're goal was to create a 'beautiful world'. They did a variety of things like take over the pokeball factory, held their hideout in a cafe, and most of all, they're most interested in rock formations. They're led by Lysandre.

So! From all this, which evil team from these 6 generations was the best, or which one was generally your favourite? Which one of these teams did you think you enjoyed battling against the most? Which team had the better plot, do you think? Share your thoughts! :3

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Biased in my pick here but Team Rocket. Not only are their goals to acquire rare and powerful Pokémon but to become extremely wealthy to the point they can then leverage that wealth and pool of rare Pokémon to take over Kanto and ultimately, in time, the world(and either subtly or by force if necessary). Although admittedly, their choice of Pokémon is rather weak since Psychic was dominant in Generation 1(owns Poison) while Steel was a new but dominant type in Generation 2(which made their Poison Pokemon all but worthless).

I typically liberate a Vulpix from their game corner, train it and then unleash it on them. Fun times...

Last edited:
Years
For me, it's kind of a tie between Team Magma/Aqua and Team Galactic.

I gotta admit -- out of every evil team, Magma/Aqua really did come the closest to succeeding in their plans -- and they even did for a short while! I think this in itself is always what made them stand out among other evil teams for me.

Team Galactic... I honestly think they were only really badass because of Cyrus. He's ruthless, brutal... every negative adjective you can even think of, it fits Cyrus to some degree. And he just didn't care. He was the first evil team leader at that point that was hellbent on taking over the world and was actually serious about being its god. It's... unsetlling stuff, really.

Back