• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

What was your hardest legendary to catch?

• Total voters
    Years
    Giratina for me.

Dialga/Palkia were fairly easy, Mesprit wasn't too hard, Heatran took a while, but I remember Giratina taking a long time.

Serrah

→ Kaori's Alt
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    WOW! Alot of people are saying Mesprit...pretty hard I guess...
    You guys must be making sighs of relief when you finally catch it huh?

Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    I swear, Giratina could probably break outta Master ball. I used 187 Ultra balls to catch it.

Heatran was the same O_o

Cynic Kaka

Credentials.
    Years
    If you're trying to find her.

Use the Poketch Marking Map.

I use Jubilife, and keep zooming through the right side, in and out, till the Shadow Head is in the route.

It's Mesprit if you hear an upbeat song.

Cresselia is masked by normal pokemon music, and that thing gave me a heart aatck; I thought it was a normal pokemon there, until my friend told me he released it from the island. I knew I shouldn't have lent him my game.

YOOM-TAH

Piplup Fanatic
    Years
    Eh, Giratina and Mesprit (and company) and Heatran, as well as Regigigas and Cresselia, have the same catch rate. And they're all ridiculous.

What I find more annoying is that Beldum (and family) have that same low catch rate. WTF?!

Just as a measure though, the first time I went for Regigigas, I threw a quick ball to start, then earthquaked him down to a sliver of health, then threw ultra balls and dusk balls and timer balls at him until he actually killed himself with STRUGGLE before I could catch him. That's just too much.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    It would be Mesprit, but I only wasted like 6 ultra balls, so it wasn't too hard, but the others were easy.

poddish

Spirit Of Radio
    Years
    Palkia was easy to catch for me. I just threw a net ball at the start of the battle and it was mine!

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
    Mesprit is what I chose on the poll, but it took my 5 hours to catch Uxie. I went through 130 Dusk Balls and 57 Timer Balls before I caught it. Afterwards, I just started importing Master Balls.

ck1109

Mew Rules!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2009
    lol forget legends my hardest catch was beldum(u heard it right) recoil from take down+sandstorm+1 day to catch it+insanely low catch rate is hell. I had to kill at least 20 to get one lol.

Lith

Go, Missingno! Use- WTF BOOOOM
    Years
    When I first go Pokemon Diamond, It took me about 2 hours to catch Dialga~
    When I got Pearl, it took me around the same time for Palkia~
    Now I have Platinum, Origin Giratina was a freaking breeze!!
    Why?
    Heck, who cares!! Im just happy I got him (*Hugs Giratina)

Kishijoten

CEO of trouble making~
    Years
    I have to say Mespirt It took me a lot of tries and, because it keeps fleeing before you can have a chance to even let me battle.

Flaps

<Insert awsome line here>
    Years
    Well on my diamond, Dialga I caught with ONE ultraball, Uxie and Azelf gave me a little trouble but nothing to sinister, Mesprit was a little more challenging, I just used my Haunter with mean look, and kept on putting it asleep, then eventually caught it with a net ball??? Giratina, I found it in about five minutes then took me another ten to catch it. But this is where I had trouble........Heatran. It killed me 3 times. at the beginning I had 100 ultraballs, 5 pokeballs, 10 timerballs, 20 duskballs, and 5 luxaryballs. When I finally caught it with an ultraball, I looked at what I had left and I had, 7 ultraballs. THATS IT. Took me four HOURS to catch.

LordHawke

Gold Dragon commanding Officer
    Years
    As a matter of fact, I once fought a Cresselia and missed 150 OR SO FRAKKIN' TIMES!! I had it down to 1 HP and paralyzed. It nearly killed my Rayquaza 4 times because it was just sittin there while I clobbered Cress with ultra balls. You know how it has those retarded moves you can use 50 times? I used false swipe and glare then let Ray defend while I went with the ultra balls. It got out of every single one! In the end, it died from using struggle with 1 HP! RIIIIP OOOOFF!!!

Back