• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

What was your hardest legendary to catch?

• Total voters
    Years
    Hm... I struggled with Giratina and Regigigas, but I had a SUPER HARD time catching a Feebas. In fact, I never even found it, therefore it was impossible to catch =P

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    mespirit was the hardest to catch it took me like nine weeks to catch it >=( the rest were easy i have still got my master ball :D

trix

Dragon
    Years
    i know Azelf isn't up there, but it was the hardest to catch. i got it to the red, and started throwing dusk and ultra balls. it didn't seem like getting it to the red was helping! finally after what seemed to be 40 dusk balls and 57 ultra balls, i finally caught it. Azelf was so hard to catch.
    Same for me - Azelf. x_X

Synx

A Pro Newb
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2008
    Dialga for me. i kept killing him by accedent :(

BattleBeastEXP

Competitive Double Battler
    Years
    • NJ
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    Definitely Giratina! It took me so long. Luckily I was at a boring family reunion, it gave me something to catch. :D

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
    Heatran was annoying to catch... I would forget to save beforehand, and then knock him out by accident >.<. I turned my game off when that happened, putting me back awhile...

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    Mesprit, stupid things runs away, never caught it I think.

kingshorty

poke'king
    Years
    mesprit was preety hard to catch because it wouldnt stand still but once you figured out the pattern it was pretty easy to catch.

ErickaVolt

Born to kill.
    Years
    It was supposed to be Azelf, but since Azelf is not included in the poll, I voted Giratina. Giratina is the my second hardest to catch even if I use Dusk Ball. He had a this 1 hit KO attack [Shadow Force, I guess]. So I was forced to use my Master Ball. -.-

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Definitly Giratina...lol...this post when up in the poll... a lot of people are saying Heatran, Giritina, and Mesprit..

Years
    Yeah, there definitely wasn't any fog around Giratina. o.O
    For me, it had to be Mesprit (out of those 5 choices). Seeing that Palkia / Dialga have a catch rate 15 times higher than the other three, they're definitely not the hardest. Heatran I caught with a Master Ball (I wanted to use it competitively, so I had no patience to actually 'try' to catch one and check Nature/IVs/Hidden Power). Giratina wasn't too tough, just annoying, but finding, trapping, and catching Mesprit; that took effort.

Back