• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Which was the hardest pokemon to catch?

What was your hardest legendary to catch?

• Total voters

Koji123456789

got Kirby Super Star Ultra!
    Years
    Giratina. When I first met him, I sent out Torterra. Oh boy, it was hard; never succeeded in catching him. But somebody I will...

MadnugA01x

Random Trainer from Johto
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2016
    Heatran was the hardest for me to catch. i chucked like 100 ultra and dusk balls at it before it gave up and stayed in the ball...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Okay, I change my mind catching Uxie and Azelf can be pretty tough as well...especially when they use either nasty plot or amnesia...

GoldenBagon

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2017
    I Cloned My Master Balls To Catch Em All Except Cressila Which i used Wobbefet in so it cudnt flee and mirror coated its aurura beam then ultra balled it like 2-30 times it was worth i tho cos its shiny:)

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    The three pixies xD
    I only attempted to catch all three the first time I played Diamond.
    It took me soooo many tries to catch Azelf. Then, I went to my boyfriends (ex now xD) house, and I brought Diamond I guess xD And he caught Azelf on his first try. (Dusk Ball) I fell off the couch when I saw o____o

..PandA.CharadE..

CUPCAKES :3
    Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2009
    Heatran definitely. He finished all my ultra balls, luxury balls, everything..That's why I had to use my master ball..:'(

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2023
    The hardest for me was Giratina and Heatran
    I had to turn off the power of my game and on again several times before i caught Heatran and the same for Giratina
    For catching Diagla, i just used around 15-25 ultra balls and caught it.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    legendaries that run when you encounter them if you don't have a masterball. They are a pain. Especially the ones you have to wait for them to appear before you see them.

CHG-Swampert

Do not make Wigglytuff Laugh
    Years
    Those damn fairy things -.- (Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie) idk why Mesprit is only one up there. Azelf was the hardest because even after anti-flee, it used uproar so it wouldn't go to sleepz. Dialga, Heatran, Palkia went into mah pocket ezpz :P

Tac One

OWN new Emld, Sapp and FR & LG
    Years
    Cresslia and Mesprit were hard until I got Wobbuffet. I just had him at level 50 and mirror coated them both unitl there energy was low then Ultra balled them. It took me awhile to catch up to Mesprit though, like 7 times. After I got the Wobbuffet, the first Ultra Ball I threw catch it. The Cresslia took a couple of tries once I got the Wobbuffet it was easy after that.

Willoweon

The weird grass evolution
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2009
    Hmm..
    In the DP? That'd have to be Rotom. I don't catch that many pokemon during game, and all of them we very high leveled, and pokeballs wouldn't work, and I forgot my sleep inducings/paralysers. I finally nabbed him with a great ball after many tries.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Those damn fairy things -.- (Azelf, Mesprit, Uxie) idk why Mesprit is only one up there. Azelf was the hardest because even after anti-flee, it used uproar so it wouldn't go to sleepz. Dialga, Heatran, Palkia went into mah pocket ezpz :P

It was said by the creator of this Post that even though all the legendaries aren't up there u can still name the pokemon u want that was hardest for u to catch...but I agree the three beings of different characteristics were VERY hard to catch...

Daynasaurus

Dayna loves Grass types.
    Years
    It was pretty irritating when I tried to catch Azlef. I used about 100 Ultra Ball maybe. It took me an hour or 2 to catch the Azlef, but instead, I catched it with a Timer Ball when I started getting mad.

Woah, it took me one Ultra Ball to catch Azelf. I thought it was pretty easy. It was easier than catching other wild pokemon.

Anywoot, the hardest Pokemon for me to catch, so far (because I haven't finished the game yet >.<) is Uxie. It took me 45-60 minutes, 35 ultra balls, and 30+ dusk balls to capture that stupid little yellow pixie.

Years
    I thought Mesprit was hard to catch but only because she runs. Once I got a Crobat with mean look I had no problem with her though. No one else gave me too much of a problem.

I had a harder time trying to catch a beldum than I did with most of the legendaries. It kept killing itself. :(

Back