• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

White pokemon team?

sak5222

Lets play pokemon!
    Years
    Hello. this is my first post!

well anyways, I want to have the ultumite (I spelled that one wrong, right?) Pokemon White team! well, i chose Oshawott. So give me the best team!!

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2011
    There is no "best" team. Mostly its personal preferenace, what you think is cool, cute, strong, looks awesome etc.

I can suggest a team though. Off the top of my head, try this :

1. Samurott (Oshawott's final evolution) - Water Type
    Try and stick mainly to special attack moves (purple swurl symbol)

2. Simisear (Evolves from pansage) - Fire Type
    ** note : once its evolved it won't learn any other attacks from leveling. Tm only.
    Mixed attacker, he can used Physical and Special attack moves

3. Swanna (Evolves from Ducklett) - Water and Flying type
    **note = Even though you already have a water type, water/flying is a great combination as it adds no extra weaknesses and actually reduces total weaknesses by 1.
    Mixed Attacker

4. Elelktross (Evolves from Tynamo) - Electric Type
    **note : it has the levitate ability so it has "no" super effective weaknesses
    Physical Attacker

5. Wall Pokemon, choices are;
    Scrafty (Evolves from scraggy) - Fighting and Dark
    Escavalier (trickey evolution process envolving Shelment in party with Karrablast and trading it) - Bug and Steel
    Cofagrigus (Evolves from Yamask) - Ghost

Scrafty and Escavalier are Physical Attackers. Cofagrigus is Special Attack

6. Depending on what 5th pokemon you took :

Seismitoad or Gothitelle / Reuniclus if you picked Scrafty
    Semismitoad or Liepard or Gothitelle / Reuniclus if you picked Escavalier
    Semismitoad or Liepard if you picked Cofagrigus

Gothitelle (Evolves from gothita) [Black Version] - Psychic
    Reuniclus (Evolves from solosis) [White Version] - Psychic
    Special Attacker

Lipard (Evolves from Purrloin) – Dark
    Mixed Attacker

Seismitoad (Evolves from Tympole) - Water / Ground
    Mixed Attacker
    note** = I know if you take this pokemon you'll effectively have 3 water types but seismitoad is only weak against 1 type : Grass.

It can also learn a great array of attacks : ground, ice, water, rock, fighting, poison.

Hope you like or find oyur own team. Enjoy the game :)

Years
    There is no "best" team. Mostly its personal preferenace, what you think is cool, cute, strong, looks awesome etc.

I can suggest a team though. Off the top of my head, try this :

1. Samurott (Oshawott's final evolution) - Water Type
    Try and stick mainly to special attack moves (purple swurl symbol)

2. Simisear (Evolves from pansage) - Fire Type
    ** note : once its evolved it won't learn any other attacks from leveling. Tm only.
    Mixed attacker, he can used Physical and Special attack moves

3. Swanna (Evolves from Ducklett) - Water and Flying type
    **note = Even though you already have a water type, water/flying is a great combination as it adds no extra weaknesses and actually reduces total weaknesses by 1.
    Mixed Attacker

4. Elelktross (Evolves from Tynamo) - Electric Type
    **note : it has the levitate ability so it has "no" super effective weaknesses
    Physical Attacker

5. Wall Pokemon, choices are;
    Scrafty (Evolves from scraggy) - Fighting and Dark
    Escavalier (trickey evolution process envolving Shelment in party with Karrablast and trading it) - Bug and Steel
    Cofagrigus (Evolves from Yamask) - Ghost

Scrafty and Escavalier are Physical Attackers. Cofagrigus is Special Attack

6. Depending on what 5th pokemon you took :

Seismitoad or Gothitelle / Reuniclus if you picked Scrafty
    Semismitoad or Liepard or Gothitelle / Reuniclus if you picked Escavalier
    Semismitoad or Liepard if you picked Cofagrigus

Gothitelle (Evolves from gothita) [Black Version] - Psychic
    Reuniclus (Evolves from solosis) [White Version] - Psychic
    Special Attacker

Lipard (Evolves from Purrloin) – Dark
    Mixed Attacker

Seismitoad (Evolves from Tympole) - Water / Ground
    Mixed Attacker
    note** = I know if you take this pokemon you'll effectively have 3 water types but seismitoad is only weak against 1 type : Grass.

It can also learn a great array of attacks : ground, ice, water, rock, fighting, poison.

Hope you like or find oyur own team. Enjoy the game :)

Since I'm going to play Black I'm getting Gothitelle, it looks so girly and nice.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2011
    I don't have much experience with b/w but I know for a fact Haxorus and Excadrill are two good Pokemon to have. Especially when you've given Excadrill Speed and Attack EVS and Haxorus Attack and SP.Def EVS

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    Mixed Attacker

It Actually adds a weakness to rock and x4 electric weakness. Archeops would be a better choice over Swanna just because of more typing and less water types. Seismitoad is good to counter any grass types and so will Archeops.

I don't have much experience with b/w but I know for a fact Haxorus and Excadrill are two good Pokemon to have. Especially when you've given Excadrill Speed and Attack EVS and Haxorus Attack and SP.Def EVS

Thats true I've played through the game multiple times and have had no trouble combating anything with my Haxorus, on My team Haxorus is a must. Excadrill not so much.

trespasser

Problem, officer?
    Years
    Archeops would be a better choice over Swanna just because of more typing and less water types. Seismitoad is good to counter any grass types and so will Archeops.

I bolded the part that I'm focusing on. Yes, Tyranitar is right, but partially. Archeops's ability is defeatist, which lowers it's stats when HP is half or less. I would recommend using Aerodactyl instead. Aerodactyl is Rock and Flying, like Archeops. His abilities are Pressure (Makes the opponents moves use more PP) and Rock Head. (User doesn't take recoil damage) Without defeatist, Archeops is really good. It's a shame that his ability is Defeatist... :\

Tyranitar042

Tyranitar King
    Years
    • Age 34
    • US
    • Seen Feb 15, 2013
    Aerodactyl is better but you cant get it ingame until you beat the elite four so replace it then and use it until you beat the E4 or else think of another type.

Back