• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who are your favourite B/W characters?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Time for a remake. I intended to remake this a little while ago, but after reading an article on PokeJungle regarding the inspiration for the characters, I remembered this thread again.

So, who's your favourite character in Black and White & why? Is it one of your two rivals, Belle / Cheren? Or maybe N / Geechisu?

If you haven't played the games, but you've seen the designs, do you have a favourite design, or a reason why you like that character without actually having faced them in-game?

Or alternatively, what do you think of Touya and Tokou, the two protagonists and their designs? What do you think their English names will be? Oh and in general, do you like the characters roles in the games? Do you think a certain character needed more of a role in the games?

Anndddd... share your thoughts on any of the other characters in-game!

Yes, lots of questions to give you lots of choices to answer.

Yoshikachu

Bring on the R/S/E remakes!
    Years
    Geeshisu is badass so im going for him, and he did break out of jail as said by the dark trinity. Hope he appears in another pokemon game (other than grey obviously) as a villain, if giovanni didnt kill himself in HGSS then it would be cool if they teamed up or something

mervyn797

What? I'm right here. >D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2011
    Touko! Touko! Touko!
    <33333333
    I really love her design! (Since there isn't anything else to say about her. -_- )

Among the rivals, Belle really appeals to me. I like her clumsy nature. XD N, yeah. He is pretty cool as well.

Years
    Except for the medieval inspired Team Plasma (which I don't think I'll ever get used to), I was surprised to find that of the characters grew on me as I played the game, even the grumpy cowboy gym leader. It helps that you get to see most characters at least twice throughout the game. I can't say that I have a particular favorite, though I like the designs for N and Bel(l)(e) the most.

Headfirst For Halos

[insert ellipses here]
    Years
    N fancies me. The Rubik's cube-looking thing is the icing on the cake.
    Is it weird that I have no problem with Team Plasma's look? >_>

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    My favorite character is Touya. His hairstyle reminds me of Jaden Yuki from Yu-Gi-Oh! GX. Touko is close, though, as well as Cheren and N.

Austy

Cannibal
    Years
    I thought the mom's design was cool. Not in a reverse-pedophilia way, but I like her design, it's cooler than the other ones; she's no longer just a lady with an apron! Ya know what I mean? I was genuinely excited when the video chat thing came up in the game. XD

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I agree. The mom looks so young and gentle, she makes a perfect one. :) She has resemblance to both the male and female protagonists as well so that's a plus. As for her storyline I don't really know what she says to you throughout the game, so all I can really judge is her design. ;x Overall, I'd say she's an average mom that fits the bill.

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    I would have to go with N. I find it intriguing and I like the fact that he is the Plasma Team Leader, however, he isn't dressed remotely similar to the ridiculous Plasma garb.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    N, N, N, N :3 I think N's really awsome, I love his character design and his backstory.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    My favorite is probably...N and Kamitsure

Touya - He has a pretty cool design, as for the name, probably Black. As all the protagonists are usually named after one of the versions.
    Tokou - She also has a pretty cool design. Name is probably White, same reasoning as above.
    Dento - He's...ok, but not the best. I still like him though
    Poddo - O.o Not a fan. I don't really like his design.
    Kon - I like Kon, I just like his design, which also seems to match his personality. Kon beats the other two Sanyou gym leaders.
    Aloe - She has an OK design, and she's the first black person in the series.
    Arti - Eh, he's not that bad, just weird looking
    Kamitsure - *drool* LOVE HER! She is just epic, in both personality and looks.
    Yaakon - Eww...not much more to say
    Fuuro - *drools again* She's...hot.
    Hachiku - His design is ok.
    Shaga - He's...cool for an old man.
    Iris - Mmm, OK...
    Shikimi - ...Eh, she has the cute-nerd design, so OK.
    Renbu - ... ... ... ... ...
    Giima - He's kinda weird, otherwise cool.
    Katorea - Her design is OK.
    Adeku - Eh...not the best...
    Makomo - I like her design, and maybe just because of her Munna/Mushaana.
    Plasma Grunts - Not the best designs, but for the grunts for the evil team, it's alright.
    Geechisu - Weird/Cool looking, other than his design, I don't like him.
    N - Love his design, and he's not all bad(Geechisu's just using him...)
    Belle - She's not much of a beauty to be named Belle, but she's still ok
    Cheren - Nerd. Like 'im. He's ok.
    Yo mom - She has the best design for the moms so far(is there a reason there's never been a dad, except for Norman?)
    Backpacker - Much better than the hiker.

That's most of my opinions.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Dude. Cheren. Awesome. In real life, I am Cheren but black... And other stuff... Okay, awkward.

But, honestly, I think he's one of the best Pokemon characters in total and certainly my favourite in Black & White. I mean, he's intelligent, very cool and has such a perfectly matching design to his personality. That and the manga makes him look even cooler! (If you haven't seen Cheren in the manga, go read the manga now XD).

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I love Lord N!!! <3 <3 <3

I love everything about him, his design-he's absolutely gorgeous! He's a king. He has deep compassion and love for Pokemon.

His story made me cry! </3 I feel so terrible for him....

He's my favourite character of all time.

I also love Touko! Her design is adorable.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Belle, because she's so clumsy and stupid it's adorable <333

I love silly people like her, I cannot wait until she appear's in the anime, I will die of happiness.

N & Geechisu are pretty awesome aswell :') They both have a Badass attitude that's amazing :D<333

Back