• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Who Did you Choose

Which Starter?

• Chimchar

Votes: 71 36.2%
  • Turtwig

Votes: 58 29.6%
  • Piplup

Votes: 67 34.2%

• Total voters

Lokiman42

Water Type > Dragon Type
Years
  • I chose Chimchar. Although I prefer water types, I normally start with the fire type in any pokemon game (Cyndaquil was the most awesome).

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Pearl - Piplup, because I always choose Water starters.
    Platinum - Turtwig, because I never choose anything other than Water starters. Haha. And I don't much like Chimchar.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2009
    Pearl-Piplup, as I love water types, and penguins are so cool!

Platinum-See Pearl

Years
  • Platinum- Chimchar because I've always choose the Fire starter first and usually I continue to because I love Fire-types the most..Charizard FTW!

Personally, I've liked most starters, especially the 1st and 2nd Gen>

I'll probably go Turtwig next and Piplup is undecided. I usually pick water second though.

Years
  • I chose Chimchar because I like fire types...however....IMO this evo set is a failure :\
    I dont like the moveset that comes with it either.

King!

better
    Years
  • Pearl~ Piplup, it was cute.
    Diamond~ Chimchar, it was cute. :D

Platinum~ I traded them all over, so yeah. :P

Tears In The Rain

Thirsty, purposeless Vampire
    Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Sep 15, 2010
    I only have Pearl so far and I chose Chimchar because Piplup is the only other cute one but in all my other regions I started by choosing the water starter mindlessly without considering the other two. Although in Ruby it made the most sense because I didn't realize I was choosing my starter. A mistake I considered before choosing in Pearl.

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
  • Diamond - Piplup
    Pearl - Ditched starter and used Zubat (was solid)
    Platinum - Chimchar

Diamond - Piplup
    Pearl - Ditched starter and used Zubat (was solid)
    Platinum - Chimchar

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 7, 2019
    I started with Turtwig. Cutest little turtle ever..... Except for the sunglasses wearing squirtle

Alpha_Spike

Ace Trainer
    Years
  • I started with Chimchar but ditched in to use this team: Shiny Charmander, Shiny Totodile, Shiny Treecko, Shiny Pidgey, Shiny Riolu

Back