• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Who did you use your master ball on?

Years
    • Seen Jun 10, 2022
    landorus, I hate to catch the roaming pokemon.
    so I catched it the easy way.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Haven't used mine yet, and I've caught every non-event legendary in White so far. =\ I think it is b/c the legendaries are so much easier to catch in B/W than previous gens...for instance, the "roaming" legendaries in B/W keep the damage that you did to them in previous battles making a Quick Ball the easiest method of catching it (once you figure out an easy method to make it spawn in your route).

So I guess I'll either keep mine or maybe use it on a shiny or for currency (since they seem to be of value in trades).

They always kept damage and status effects o_O I've more than once found a sleeping, 1-HP wandering dog and laughed at the improbability of it in HG.

I haven't used mine yet. My boyfriend wanted good stats/nature on his Kyurem so he constantly chucked his master ball at it, checked the stats, then reset, so that's what he used his on. I'm always afraid to use those in case I find somewhere I want it more.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2014
    I think its more fun to just use regular old poke balls to capture. Masterballs are no fun. I think i'll do what that one person said and just hold out for a shiny.

Umbreon101

Umbreon master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2011
    havent used mine yet i caught thundurus with a great ball and zekrom with 2 ultras!

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2022
    Got Kyurem in my 2nd Duskball (no trouble whatsoever). I'm thinking I'll use it on Genosect when the event comes out. He looks like he'll have an uberly low catch rate.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • ZEKROM.
    I TRYD MY HEAL BALL WHEN HE WAS LIKE IN THE RED ZONE OF HP DIDNT WORKED SO WHY FAINTING ALL OF MY TEAM.....???
    GOT THE BALL CATCHED CRITICAL I THINK...

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
  • Reshiram has a high catch-rate right? I caught it with my second Pokeball xD He was like on 1health and paralyzed anyway.

I don't plan on using my Master Ball. I never do. I've started only using PokeBalls now, where I can. Like I can't for Safari Pokemon. I especially want to catch all Legends with PokeBalls, and so far I have with all in-game ones I can get. Except in Black, only Reshiram so far.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • Reshiram has a high catch-rate right? I caught it with my second Pokeball xD He was like on 1health and paralyzed anyway.

I don't plan on using my Master Ball. I never do. I've started only using PokeBalls now, where I can. Like I can't for Safari Pokemon. I especially want to catch all Legends with PokeBalls, and so far I have with all in-game ones I can get. Except in Black, only Reshiram so far.

Nope it still has a 3 percent catch-rate :x I don't know if that was sarcasm or something D:

Anyway, used mine on Zekrom... I so wish I didn't v_v Thundurus was so frustrating it was un-believable. I really wanted to just to smash my Ds of the wall. D:

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    I used it on Thundurus on White, but I've yet to use it on Black. I guess I'll use it on a potentially suicidal shiny should I find one.

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I haven't used my Master Ball yet, because I caught Zekrom with a Timer Ball. I might not use it at all, but maybe I'll use it on the legendaries that I will catch later, such as Thundurus.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Reshiram... but I only caught it because I had to and had no other Pokeballs. Probably wouldn't have used it otherwise, as normally I like to kill the legendaries I come across; gives me a warm feeling in the pit of my stomach!

Years
  • I am stuck in deciding whether to use my masterball on Kyurem (i have caught the musketeer trio, victini and Zekrom)
    That leaves Thundurus, Kyurem, Genosect and Meloetta out of the legendary pokemon left (i'm using pokemon white)
    • What did you use your Master Ball on?
    • Do you regret your decision?

Haven't used it yet. I'm probably going to save it for Genesect or Meloetta.

I'm surprised how there is no Safari Zone in Black and White

SeanTheOriginal

Serious trainer is serious
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2011
    I haven't used mine yet. For a while I thought I would use it on Landorus, but I decided whenever I get Pokemon White and get both genies, I would just try and catch it normally. So far, I've been able to catch every legendary in Pokemon Black with Ultra Balls and a Dive Ball.

Just in case there might be an event Pokemon that requires catching, I'm keeping my Master Ball as a last resort. I was an idiot when I used it on Lugia in SoulSilver, so I intend to rectify that by keeping my MB as long as I can.

Years
  • Thundurus would be my recommendation, it's so time consuming trying to catch the roaming pokemon, at least with the others you can soft reset if you fail to catch them.

Back