• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you prefer? Misty, Dawn, or May?

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
    I'm not talking sexuality (God help anyone who looks at anime girls and thinks I wanna hit that). What I mean is who do you think has the best character development? Who has the best complement to the other characters.

Personally, I think it is Dawn. Although Misty and Ash had their little "relationship" and May showed us how trainers start from the eys of a mentor instead of the eyes of mentee when we started with Ash. Dawn just has a more natural and believable essence to her. For example, when they say Dawn is ten i believe it. Not just because of looks but because of how she acts.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Misty. She held her own and it did not seem like they had to protect her all the time. She was a true Diva!

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    Dawn.

She just seems the most like Ash, which isn't always a good thing... but, I prefer her over Misty and May because I think she has the potential to be on the show for a lot longer. Sure, Misty lasted a while... but, that's only because Johto didn't bring in a new female until Crystal and by then it was too late. May was great, in her own way as well... but Dawn is, and always will be, my favourite female main character.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    And I think they should finish the love story the started when they first separated. Its been bugging me.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
    And I think they should finish the love story the started when they first separated. Its been bugging me.

this is agree with. dawn may be my favorite because she is the most believable of the three. but i would trade that all away to finally see sometin happen between mist and ash other then misty's secret love and ash's inability to take the most obvious of hints

speaking of other chars in the show. wats wit paul? is there a reason hes such a jerk? or is he just a plot device for a unique way for ash to catch chimchar?

Last edited:

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    this is agree with. dawn may be my favorite because she is the most believable of the three. but i would trade that all away to finally see sometin happen between mist and ash other then misty's secret love and ash's inability to take the most obvious of hints

speaking of other chars in the show. wats wit paul? is there a reason hes such a jerk? or is he just a plot device for a unique way for ash to catch chimchar?

Umm, i dunno about Paul, he doenst show up much anymore. And Ash showed feelings toward her too on that episode.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I like them all really...I think that Misty is the type of battler which she is, may is like a really good coordinator which she is, and Dawn is getting to be better in contests so that makes all of them great in things...I like them because of that and how they are not mean like PAUL! lol

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I completely prefer May, I mean ever since she first came into the show and started to understand her admiration for Contests...I couldn't help but have May as my Favorite character...I wish she could come back in the show though...

..::Michi::..

Green Pearl Voice
    Years
    I was born a Misty fan, and, that is the way I will die. Misty was just so cool to me. *_* I loved her saucy attitude, and how she had to occasionally put the boys in thier place by laying a little bit of Smack Down.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2016
    may. i don't know if she really understands how a coordinator she really is. the princess of hoen. she has even been recognized as a great coordinator by tons of people.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I'm not talking sexuality (God help anyone who looks at anime girls and thinks I wanna hit that).
    Now now, don't be insulting. :<

Sure, Misty lasted a while... but, that's only because Johto didn't bring in a new female until Crystal and by then it was too late.
    Marina. Shame she's the female I like most. ō_ō

But yer, of the choices I'd say May. I lack a reason though since I've never watch the anime much; just judging most people on first impressions.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I love Misty the best, Hikari is a very close second though, which may not be that great because by next generation, I may become that bitter Hikari fan or be sad that she's gone.

And lately these days, I realize that although I no longer like her, I have good memories with May since back in the days of Ruby, I could relate to her because I played her in the games and started out with Torchic. However I went the way of berry farming while she went the way of a coordinator. Thus, the relation was broken.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Dawn.

She just seems the most like Ash, which isn't always a good thing... but, I prefer her over Misty and May because I think she has the potential to be on the show for a lot longer.

Actually, considering how they are probably wrapping up Sinnoh fast, not to mention the fact that the Arceus is probably going to be the last movie of the DP series (the way they said "Last" of the DP movies made it seem as though it was going to be like the Manaphy Movie, or the Lati@s movie of Sinnoh), she's probably going to stay longer marginally than May, at most.

Sure, Misty lasted a while... but, that's only because Johto didn't bring in a new female until Crystal and by then it was too late.

Considering how they completely neglected Leaf despite having a great opportunity to introduce her as well as replace May in the BF season (As it took place in Kanto, and had a few references to FRLG along the way), then, even IF Johto did introduce a new female by Gold and Silver instead of waiting for Crystal to introduce her, they probably still wouldn't have introduced Marina as a Main cast member, anyways.

May was great, in her own way as well... but Dawn is, and always will be, my favourite female main character.

All right, your call.

Anyways, the one I feel would have been the best (Not "Favorite", as I don't believe in Favoritism) girl would be... Misty. my reasonings. Well, I won't delve too much into it, as I had been mocked by many a fan at BMGf and, to a lesser extent, SPPf, for my beliefs, but let's just say that I thought she would have been a better role model for females because she didn't act like how they portray females in most anime (Like the girls in PVP, All of the girls in "Love Hina", Witchblade, Maron, Roshi's Voyeurs, even May and Dawn to a certain extent.).

Back