• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who do you prefer? Misty, Dawn, or May?

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years
    Misty of course...!
    She is the really pokemon trainer... In hope she will try become water pokemon coordinator^^

Oh, god, please no! the one thing that set Misty apart was that she was a trainer/gym leader, not a coordinator. As in, she was more intrested in getting her pogleys to kill than in getting them to dance around and look pretty. Misty becoming a co-ordinator...that's like Dawn becoming a gym leader...just...no...

b7astoise

GrinchGod
    Years
    BRING MISTY BAAACK! :(....dawn and her silly contest lmao ok ok theres nothing wrong with dawn or may to me but i know some ppl miss misty like me lmao

Years
    Misty's the best, she was the first and in my opinion the one that fit better with Ash's adventures, well they shouldn't have taken her out.

b7astoise

GrinchGod
    Years
    they should bring misty and may back,,well the whole crew and just ya kno...find a ship...and enter the grand line.............???????? maybe misty will make an appearance like may did? that would be cool

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
    Dawn.

I'm sorry, I felt the need to break the Misty lovefest.

Anywho ~ I strongly dislike May to begin with (I won't say hate, seeing as that's too strong of a word). So that leaves Misty and Dawn. Misty, while I liked her at some points, annoyed me. She still does. I don't care if she seemed more mellowed out in her two-part appearance in Hoenn, I still think she comes on far too strong. It goes past pride and independence and just becomes annoying.

I mean, getting angry enough to hit someone? For a small comment? No. It just isn't right, even if she is a tomboy. Do you see guys (normal, average guys) hitting someone whenever they said something just a toe over the line?

*Shrugs* Just my opinion on her. (Though, I will admit, I always liked her for pulling Brock by the ear. When she did it in Hoenn, I couldn't breathe through my laughter xD)

Dawn, on the other hand, has so much more potential to grow. Sure, May had to go even further, seeing as she didn't like Pokemon to begin with, but the point stands. May grew to love Pokemon, learned a few things, and that was about it from my viewpoint. I always got the impression she whined too much (even for a ten year old).

I just like Dawn. She seems so much more believable to me, and so much more real.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
    Dawn.

I'm sorry, I felt the need to break the Misty lovefest.

Anywho ~ I strongly dislike May to begin with (I won't say hate, seeing as that's too strong of a word). So that leaves Misty and Dawn. Misty, while I liked her at some points, annoyed me. She still does. I don't care if she seemed more mellowed out in her two-part appearance in Hoenn, I still think she comes on far too strong. It goes past pride and independence and just becomes annoying.

I mean, getting angry enough to hit someone? For a small comment? No. It just isn't right, even if she is a tomboy. Do you see guys (normal, average guys) hitting someone whenever they said something just a toe over the line?

*Shrugs* Just my opinion on her. (Though, I will admit, I always liked her for pulling Brock by the ear. When she did it in Hoenn, I couldn't breathe through my laughter xD)

Dawn, on the other hand, has so much more potential to grow. Sure, May had to go even further, seeing as she didn't like Pokemon to begin with, but the point stands. May grew to love Pokemon, learned a few things, and that was about it from my viewpoint. I always got the impression she whined too much (even for a ten year old).

I just like Dawn. She seems so much more believable to me, and so much more real.

ya thats the kind of point i have. May jst kind of suddenly loved pokemon and that was it. she nvr really had to learn to accept losing or anytin. Dawn on the other hand has a serious problem of gettin depressed wen she loses and that really gets in the way. in fact (although ive nvr seen the japanese version and only saying this because my friend told me about it... plz tell me if im rong because ive doughted it for a while.) he tells me that in the jap version there are scenes of dawn starting to smoke from the depression of loosing and stuff? is that true i know they cut alot out from the jap version but does she REALLY smoke?

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    ya thats the kind of point i have. May jst kind of suddenly loved pokemon and that was it. she nvr really had to learn to accept losing or anytin. Dawn on the other hand has a serious problem of gettin depressed wen she loses and that really gets in the way. in fact (although ive nvr seen the japanese version and only saying this because my friend told me about it... plz tell me if im rong because ive doughted it for a while.) he tells me that in the jap version there are scenes of dawn starting to smoke from the depression of loosing and stuff? is that true i know they cut alot out from the jap version but does she REALLY smoke?

Uhh, no she doesn't smoke. Actually, Pokemon actually has the LEAST amount of stuff cut out in regards to Anime Dubbing. If she did actually smoke, I think Dogasu would have mentioned it by now.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    For all those Misty fans out there it is kinda certain that she will make a DP appearance since she is shown on the current japanese DP opening!^.^

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    actually she did. she appeared in the Mastermind of the Miraje Pokemon which was in Battle Fronteir

yes, and this is actually one of my favorite episodes due to her appearance on it.

Lukespade

Poke'mon Author
    Years
    yes, and this is actually one of my favorite episodes due to her appearance on it.

i thought the story was good and tryin to make a thirsd of the mewtwo chronicles was a good idea... but misty's voice made me CRINGE if there is any voice actor who failed at replicating the original 4 kids voices... it was her.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    dogasu? srry dont know all these japanses names

Well, Dogasu is the Japanese name for Koffing, but that's not who I'm talking about. Dogasu is a comparer, that is, someone who does comparisons between international/outbound dubs of shows and the national dub (in other words, the original version/raw) of these same shows. He owns a website known as "Dogasu's Backpack". You can access his site here for more information.

I haven't watched MoMP yet (and unless the writers wise up and bring her back, I won't watch it on either broadcast or buy it on dvd), But I heard from some fans that Misty's new VA (or at least, the one in the original airing) was one of only two VAs whose characters they voiced actually sounded closer to their 4Kids voices (the other being Professor Oak, himself.).

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    She did sound annoying on that episode but not more annoying than the way Dawn sounds on every episode!>.<

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    I thought she would have been a better role model for females because she didn't act like how they portray females in most anime (Like the girls in PVP, All of the girls in "Love Hina", Witchblade, Maron, Roshi's Voyeurs, even May and Dawn to a certain extent.).

"Most anime"? I doubt you've seen the majority of anime out there. There are plenty other anime girls out there who are similar to Misty. Since you probably stay away from subtitles, online streaming and bittorrent, it could get a bit difficult for you to get to know a lot of anime out there. However, look at a very mainstream anime title Inuyasha. Kagome and Sango, the two main girls aren't that much of the female stereotype. And if you want extremes, what about Edward Wong (she has a male name) from Cowboy Bebop. She's so against the stereotype that she was originally supposed to be a guy!

See more anime, Weedle. It'll do you good.

Years
    Sorry to say this to misty people but Dawn is the best
    then it goes Misty
    then May god i hate her she is so annoying

Dragonair_Blizzard

Random person in the universe
    Years
    I think Misty is better than the other two because she is stronger and I don't like the personality of the other two.

Back